Poll: Do you think Lance Armstrong should face trial for fraud?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    I think he's getting rogered by an institution that really really REALLY didn't like him.

Deleted
    USADA = 0 power unless the UCI acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    He's obviously guilty, if he wasn't he would fight the doping charges.
    So silence = guilt?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's sad how a thing like this happens when there are probably far worse cases this "agency" should be working on.
    Heh, that sentence reminds me: I've always been baffled why Congress gets involved in fucking baseball. Cheating is bad, but good lord, people! Somewhere along the lines our priorities seem to have gotten a little mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantzy View Post
    USADA = 0 power unless the UCI acknowledge it.
    This is correct - and currently, UCI ain't too happy with USADA - in fact UCI sided with Armstrong in his court case against USADA. Unfortunately, the judge in question decided that it was over and above his jurisdiction - even though he did state that it appeared to be a witch hunt (generalization)

For thoe stating he must be guilty if he chooses not to fight...he HAS been fighting this, for more than SEVEN years! Including a 2 year criminal investigatiobn that was closed with no charges being laid. Through all of this, USADA refuses to share what 'proof' it has with either Armstrong, or UCI, and most recently, have 'informed' UCI that the international body MUST abide by their decision (Of course, they do not)

Expect UCI to take this to the Court for Arbitration for Sport on behalf of Armstrong, if only to slap down USADA who have gotten far too big for their britches!

He's been dealing with shit from the media for years about this, maybe he just wanted it to stop because he knew they'd keep hounding him regardless if he was guilty or innocent.

I'm not saying he's innocent, I believe there's a good chance he used based on the period he was competing in, but I don't think his saying "leave me the hell alone" is surefire evidence of guilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    After all this time he is probably just sick of throwing money at it, He has retired so why are they giving it all the big HE IS BANNED bollocks..

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not fighting anymore because he doesnt give a shit. He knows he won and so does everyone else. Im getting tired of this whole doping thing. EVERYONE CHEATS.
    If you are trying to be the best that you can be and are in a major tournament you are going to try and do whatever you can to win.

Deleted
    He shouldn't have to waste his money and time defending some bullshit claims after he has tested negative for doping for years.

So if you don't defend yourself from accusations you're now considered guilty? I think he's just sick of wasting time and money on this.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-08-24 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    So silence = guilt?
    That is what you believe in regards to tax info isn't it?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It only tarnishes your career if you care that much what people think about you. Would you really spend the rest of your life defending yourself just over a few titles and what others think of you? Or would you give up the headache and go on living your life? What matters is that YOU are the one that won, and you know it no matter what everyone else thinks.

Well, he doesn't care. He's an ass IRL. I know this from acquaintances who have worked for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

He's a scumbag. He cheats on his wife, he would cheat in anything else.

Well, obviously he made the right PR decision because apparently the majority of people still support him. Personally I think you're all blind to the obvious. Pretty clear that they have an airtight case and he knows it so rather than have it proven he did use, he'll just decline to fight and the USADA doesn't get to present their evidence.

Just remember, Barry Bonds and Marion Jones never tested positive either. The USADA actually claims to have samples that tested consistent with use and have yet to actually present that evidence. Testing changes, so perhaps they found something that was missed previously. Everyone wants to get behind Lance Armstrong because he has done a lot to raise money for cancer research, but he also cheated. If they didn't have the evidence to back up that charge, I guarantee he'd be fighting it. Congrats on buying into the spin people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Well, obviously he made the right PR decision because apparently the majority of people still support him. Personally I think you're all blind to the obvious. Pretty clear that they have an airtight case and he knows it so rather than have it proven he did use, he'll just decline to fight and the USADA doesn't get to present their evidence.

Just remember, Barry Bonds and Marion Jones never tested positive either. The USADA actually claims to have samples that tested consistent with use and have yet to actually present that evidence. Testing changes, so perhaps they found something that was missed previously. Everyone wants to get behind Lance Armstrong because he has done a lot to raise money for cancer research, but he also cheated. If they didn't have the evidence to back up that charge, I guarantee he'd be fighting it. Congrats on buying into the spin people.
    American lol?

USADA has no such authority to strip his titles, and its completely laughable if they claim to. I’m also really mad that most news sites have been reporting this as if Lance gave up/admitted to wrongdoing, which is nowhere near what happened.

No evidence, after hundreds of drug tests he never tested positive, this is/was nothing more than a witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantzy View Post
    American lol?
    No. Outside observer who is amazed at the support this guy is getting and how blind people are to how he is playing them. This guy has an ego the size of North America and is sitting back laughing his ass off that he's still getting away with it all. The USADA has him dead to rights, and he's still managed to back them into a no win corner. If they present their evidence they'll look petty for doing so after he backed down, if they don't people will still think he's innocent because he never tested positive, if they file criminal charges then they public will just think the witch hunt is continuing and just leave the guy alone. He's a smart guy and he won even tho he lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    They all cheat.......so why single out any person. It's why I can barely tolerate watching the Olympics.
    If they all cheat, is it really cheating? The playing field would be even.

OT: I think its disgusting, even if he did do it. He is a lot more than a simple cyclist, hes an inspiration to millions of cancer patients around the world and to take that away from them is horrible.

He does deserve those titles and those who attack his are simply jelly bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hes been fighting the charges for YEARS. He just got done having the government bring a criminal suit against him with no evidence to convict and now the USADA is going after him again with no real proof at all. I don't blame Lance for saying fuck it and just giving up even bothering to fight it. They have been after him for more than a decade and the only ever positive test was done by a lab that was so completely incompetent that they were laughed at in the scientific community for how shoddily they tested. Even if he beat them again they wouldn't stop. It would be on to the next suit against him claiming wrongdoing with no solid evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    USADA has no such authority to strip his titles, and its completely laughable if they claim to. I’m also really mad that most news sites have been reporting this as if Lance gave up/admitted to wrongdoing, which is nowhere near what happened.

No evidence, after hundreds of drug tests he never tested positive, this is/was nothing more than a witch hunt.
    Yea it does seem if they are using the media to try to pressure him into crap.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.