Poll: Do you think Lance Armstrong should face trial for fraud?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He's clean in my book. Countless tests with no positive evidence says it all. They're basically invalidating all the doping control that's been performed during and after races, by pressing charges against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Good, it is not a sport, noone deserve any title. It is a "sport" made up on a starting field of only Ben Johnson's.
    Wish they deleted the shitty sport from the olympics and they can have their little drug gathering in Tour de France only.
    It's a lot more of a sport than say....auto racing. The Tour de France requires an incredible amount of cardiovascular endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Good, it is not a sport, noone deserve any title. It is a "sport" made up on a starting field of only Ben Johnson's.
    Wish they deleted the shitty sport from the olympics and they can have their little drug gathering in Tour de France only.
    How do you define, "sport"? I would define it as a physical competition for which there is a winner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    He's clean in my book. Countless tests with no positive evidence says it all. They're basically invalidating all the doping control that's been performed during and after races, by pressing charges against him.
    That's fair enough, however.

George Hincapie was in the same team as Lance Armstrong.
    George Hincapie had access to the same doctors as Lance Armstrong.
    George Hincapie never tested positive for drugs.
    George Hincapie recently admitted to taking drugs while he was riding alongside Armstrong, and that Armstrong took those same drugs.

If one guy can take drugs and not be detected I'd say that it was possible for another rider to do that. And there has been some positive evidence from Armstrong. Samples taken during 2009 and 2010 show signs of blood doping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Armstrong in effigy will fix everything!

Deleted
    According to the New York Times (and by proxy the BBC), Armstrong is considering publicly admitting that he is a cheat. If this actually happens I think it will prove my theory that Armstrong's "a man has to know when to stop fighting" bullshit was a cheap PR stunt to save face. Of course, publicly admitting to taking drugs will just be another PR stunt since most people have already accepted it. Doubtless he will talk about how he "made a mistake" and possibly even talk about seeking counselling in order to try and get popular opinion back on his side. I wouldn't put it past him to try to use his cancer as an excuse. Some kind of "after getting cancer I always thought I'd be behind everybody else" reasoning.

Let's see if he actually does admit it, and if I am correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the New York Times (and by proxy the BBC), Armstrong is considering publicly admitting that he is a cheat.
    Like it matter, him and his diehard fans are the only ones left.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-01-06 at 02:16 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fucker is the biggest fraud in the history of sports. Denying that he doped is like denying gravity with all the evidence they now have. The very least he can do now is just be a man and admit what he did.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Denying that he doped is like denying gravity with all the evidence they now have.
    So...I don't follow cycling, but...I don't recall there being evidence against Armstrong. Care to link me said evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So...I don't follow cycling, but...I don't recall there being evidence against Armstrong. Care to link me said evidence?
    As far as I know, he is the most drug-tested man in the history of sports. Ever. And there is still no solid evidence of him taking drugs.

That being said, who really cares? Everyone claiming he took drugs also claims that pretty much every other cyclist took drugs as well. Therefore, he's still the best Cyclist there ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    As far as I know, he is the most drug-tested man in the history of sports. Ever. And there is still no solid evidence of him taking drugs.

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

There you go. All 1000 or so pages. The fact he is about to confess might also serve as evidence, though judging by some people's standard of what counts as evidence I'm not sure they'll accept it.

Deleted
    AND HERE WE ARE! NEWSFLASH!!!

Lance Armstrong has announced he will be having a no-holds-barred interview with..... Oprah.

Clearly, we can expect the hard-hitting journalism that Oprah is famous for. Apparently he'll be addressing the doping allegations (nope, stopped being allegations when you didn't contest them, and when USADA threw their 1000 page report at you.). Doubtless he'll try to throw the UCI under the bus, and try to make himself out to be a victim of circumstance. Everybody was doing it, right?

I'm sure it will be fascinating.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2013-01-09 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the media stakeout of Armstrong's place is well underway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone thinking that he was not dope, is thick.
    Enjoy your minority of 1,5%.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Therefore, he's still the best Cyclist there ever was.
    Well, no, Eddy Merckx is the best cyclist ever.

15+ Year Old Account

That being said, who really cares? Everyone claiming he took drugs also claims that pretty much every other cyclist took drugs as well. Therefore, he's still the best Cyclist there ever was.
    Ignorance is a bliz

According to news here he has confessed to have used EPO in the interview with Oprah

Deleted
    ABC News is reporting that an AP source confirms he admitted to doping.

Now it'll be interesting to see if this cheat goes to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    ABC News is reporting that an AP source confirms he admitted to doping.

Now it'll be interesting to see if this cheat goes to prison.
    If he goes to prison, then Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco... and numerous other roid users should as well. I think prison, for roiding a sport, is mind boggling. Why would you even go there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    If he goes to prison, then Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco... and numerous other roid users should as well. I think prison, for roiding a sport, is mind boggling. Why would you even go there?
    He wouldn't go to prison for taking drugs, he would go to prison for perjury, lying under oath. Apparently the statute of limitations has expired in certain cases, which is why it is uncertain if he will go to prison. However, he sued in the UK for libel and won, obviously, that would now mean his testimony was bullshit.