Thread: Human VS Norn

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Human VS Norn

Hey guys! So I finally decided this afternoon that my first character will be a warrior, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should be a Norn or Human.

So here is my question, is the Norn starting area and personal story more interesting compared to human? I really enjoyed the human starting zone but I didn't find the human personal story all that exciting or unique (I've played about 2-3 different versions of them) Yet I've read that the Norn starting area and the personal story line are both amazing and are quite possibly the best out of all the races. Is there any truth to this? What do you guys think?
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Hmm, most people that I've talked are not very enthused about the Norn story. I mean it's ok but I'd rate the Charr stories much more for example.

As far as the starting areas, they are both pretty good. Personally I'm partial to the Norn starting area but that is just personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn got tats.
    Valar morghulis

Norn personal story seems widely panned. Not sure where all the feedback is that the Norn PS is great.

Of all the races the Norn have the fastest & most compact starter area. That they do. Personal Story? Um...

norn because they are like 9ft tall vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Hey guys! So I finally decided this afternoon that my first character will be a warrior, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should be a Norn or Human.

So here is my question, is the Norn starting area and personal story more interesting compared to human? I really enjoyed the human starting zone but I didn't find the human personal story all that exciting or unique (I've played about 2-3 different versions of them) Yet I've read that the Norn starting area and the personal story line are both amazing and are quite possibly the best out of all the races. Is there any truth to this? What do you guys think?
    "Stasrting Zone" quality doesn't matter when choosing, only personal story, racials, and possibly cosmetics... once you finish the tutorial it takes less then 60 seconds to travel to any of the starting zones, if you made a human or norn but really wanted to start in the Azura starting zone you easily can.

As for which personal story is "better" (so subjective) its very much personal preference, just as many people will say A is better then B as the other way around... when all is said and done you can not judge how much you will like a personal story by what other people say you have to play both yourself to know what you like better. And for that reason I say go with whatever looks better to you since "starting zone" is a non factor and personal story you have to play them all for yourself to find out since that is overly subjective.

As for me I plan on my melee ranger to be a Sylvari but I will probably play the human and norn starting zones first before doing Sylvari starting zone just so that I can play it straight through without worry of being underleveled and since I know I enjoyed the 1-6 content in both those zones. My current plan is roll Slyvari ranger, play human 1-6 zone then Norn 1-6 zone, then Charr 1-6 zone then either Azura or Sylvari 1-6 zone and then 1-15 of which ever one I do last since doing it that way you still level just as fast as if you where doing your proper level zones yet by the time you hit your first major jumping puzzle you don't have to worry about being under leveled (for example the Sylvari jumping puzzle starts in a level 4 area but puts you into a level 9 area by the time you reach the end of it.

Either way point is your asking a very subjective question where half of your concern for which to pick is irrelevant due to how easy it is to hop from starting zone to starting zone via Azura gates.

Norn PS what i played of it seems just perfect for them

I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post

Subjective is as subjective does. Your mileage will vary heavily. Only way to find out is to try it yourself.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

I like it.
    I agree, no idea how this would be bad...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked playing a human more than a norm personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

I like it.
    I think mostly is due to the voice acting. A lot of GW2's acting is cheesy but especially on the Norn side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    I liked playing a human more than a norm personally.
    Same, but I thought the norn story was good...well past the first area. THEN it got interesting, at least for me.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I can't make a Norn. They're too badass. But every time I make a new Norn male character, it always looks like David Draiman:

I had the same question regarding a Guardian I was gonna start. Norn or Human? Well I played both over the course of testing and both the personal story and starting areas had their up and downs. I gotta say it all boiled down to the way they looked and animations. Norn seemed a bit to clunky and slow. While the Human was more fluid and animated. I do believe it still all boils down to the person and their personal likes of each race.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoopa410 View Post
    I do believe it still all boils down to the person and their personal likes of each race.
    My issues exactly. I like them all. Male and female. All animations for Melee / Casting / Ranged... Tried to go by which lore was more interesting... That didn't help at all, if anything, made it more complicated. Tried to filter it out a bit "Well, what professions makes the most sense with the race..." (Fire Elementalist and a Sylvari didn't seem to match up at the time, or Asura Warrior.) ... Didn't help any. I'm pissed off that I can't make a choice on race, because I love them all....

So you're going to judge which race you choose for the rest of your character's existence based on verdicts of the starting zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    the Carlton dance wins all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Human is much better than the Norn.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewslee View Post
    the Carlton dance wins all!
    The only way I will ever accept the Carlton dance in a game is if there is a candle in my hands while dancing and a random player to stare at me like I'm insane.

I want a race that looks good in heavy armor, but I'm tired of perfectly proportioned generic Humans in every MMOs. I'll be the tallest, fattest Norn on the Nighthaven server, weilding Mjollnir in one hand and beer in another.