Thread: Human VS Norn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I picked Norn. Because i prefer the cultural armor (norn only) which allows my shoulder to be exposed.
    This makes a perfect barbarian-style pick towards which I aim. Human cultural armor seems rather weak besides the 80level one, its more soldier or knight type of armor.
    Also if you care about dances I personally think human one is better, but then again, to each their own.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-08-24 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    My issues exactly. I like them all. Male and female. All animations for Melee / Casting / Ranged... Tried to go by which lore was more interesting... That didn't help at all, if anything, made it more complicated. Tried to filter it out a bit "Well, what professions makes the most sense with the race..." (Fire Elementalist and a Sylvari didn't seem to match up at the time, or Asura Warrior.) ... Didn't help any. I'm pissed off that I can't make a choice on race, because I love them all....
    Well another thing you can look at is the Racial skills which can be found here. *can not be used in pvp*

Guild Wars 2 Racial_skill

or even the way the armor looks on the toons

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I picked Norn. Because i prefer the cultural armor (norn only) which allows my shoulder to be exposed.
    This makes a perfect barbarian-style pick towards which I aim. Human cultural armor seems rather weak besides the 80level one, its more soldier or knight type of armor.
    Also if you care about dances I personally think human one is better, but then again, to each their own.
    That's a good point. If you want a barbarian, go with norn ... if you want warrior tactician, pick human. The story I don't think is that important, what is important for me are the differences in cultures between norn and humans.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I absolutely forgot about how you can go any starting zone right when you get out of the tutorial. Herp derp...

After watching those videos in the post above I've chosen to go with the Norn. The Norn cultural armor looks pretty badass for the type of warrior I want and compared to the humans they stand out way more and look much more intimidating. And dances? blegh, I could care less.

Thanks for all the replies guys
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-08-24 at 06:30 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Norn fem ofc. How can you even consider humans or anything else, while there are norns out there?

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the humans better. Especially if you're wanting to play female. Granted they both look good without armor (giggity) or on the starting screen when selecting your class. But the armor you'll be obtaining in game, in my opinion, just look far better on the humans than the norn. Especially the cultural armor, it's hawt. Though the viking armor is badass, the human cultrual armor just appeals to me more, but don't make a decision just on that.

The racials are pretty sweet, too. Norns transform into different creatures as their elite skills, and have 2 utility skills that call either a worm or an owl. Which is pretty nice. Humans get a wide variety of things, which I love. 1 Healing spell, 2 utility spells that can work really well in PvP or PvE. (one removes 3 conditions, one gives you a random boon while giving an enemy a random condition, could be fun) And 3 elite skills. 2 i believe transform you, still not sure what exactly happens with Reaper of Grenth other than poising and chilling foes. The other elite skill summons 2 wolves on your side to help out in battle for 30 seconds, I cannot wait to try this one when I have 3 illusions/phantasms out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    I can't make a Norn. They're too badass. But every time I make a new Norn male character, it always looks like David Draiman:
    respect. probably one the most main stream metal bands outside of metallica. That guy has a voice, normally I can't stand metal music, esp death metal.

he should make the move into electronic metal like blue stahli.

Deleted
    Norn males are pretty much superior in any way to human males.
    Females don't differ that much tbh.

Well norn are not well suited for some profession both due to their size and due to their lore, so you can't say superior in every way.

Here's one I need your opinions on guys. I'm rolling a thief, no question. However, I really like Norn. Something about being a giant viking type race turns me on (Maybe not literally but you get my drift). Would a Norn thief be too clunky? Simply too large to look right as a thief?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetchepics View Post
    Here's one I need your opinions on guys. I'm rolling a thief, no question. However, I really like Norn. Something about being a giant viking type race turns me on (Maybe not literally but you get my drift). Would a Norn thief be too clunky? Simply too large to look right as a thief?
    To be honest I would say yes in the matter that calling him thief feels a bit off. But dual wielding berserk who happens to be able to vanish from sight from time to time, who likes to swing a dagger or two around and not be hindered by heavy armor ... that shounds good. (axes would be better, but oh well ... maybe in an expansion) Actually big norn who can vanish in plain sight can be a scary thing to witness I imagine.

My problem is that necro norn does not clik no matter how I spin it. But charr from the ash legion will do.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-08-24 at 11:05 AM.

Was going to make norn but after i saw the Dances i'am going With human female ele :v

Norn, just because the starting zone for humans is really boring and too GREEN

You want to be shufflin' or Carlton'ing everytime you wanna get down?