Thread: Mother fucker?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mother fucker?

Okay so I'm having this discussion in mumble today and a girl in mumble says Mother fucker is the most offensive curse word and she gets mad at when people use it. I ask her why and she says because it implies incest. For some reason this never crossed my mind when someone has called me this or I've called something else this.

When you use this word or if it's been used about you is this was crosses your mind? Do you think someone is saying you have sex with you own mom? Or you're implying someone else does?

I'm 31 and grew up in a pretty rough part of town and well by no means was sheltered or have any real excuse on why this never crossed my mind that way.

So I guess my question is did anyone else not think of this as an incest insult?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a group of words. People don't use it to mean incest, the girl in your mumble is just way too overly-sensitive. You have to think about how people meant to use words, not the literal meaning.

Yeah, it's just an insult. When someone calls you an asshole, does it imply that you are actually an anus? No. It's just an insult with non literal meanings.

10+ Year Old Account
    while i dont really think of incest with that sort of word.. i do try to exercise manners in day to day life. i rarely say such bad words unless you really hit a nerve. crossing my values is one way to get there quick with me. but thats not really the point. so no, using such a word doesnt instantly make me think of incest, but now that its in my mind i will think of this post whenever i hear it from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Every Mother's Day needs a Mother's Night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, its just a stronger variation of "fuck" for me.

Fuck literally means to have sex, but I rarely use it with that definition. Same with motherfucker.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-24 at 01:20 PM. Reason: fixing a misconception I apparently had for years.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrink503 View Post
    Okay so I'm having this discussion in mumble today and a girl in mumble says Mother fucker is the most offensive curse word
    Call her a cunt a few times and see if she changes her tune. :P

I don't find it to be offensive or any special meaning or anything, you simply say it for impact. Just as I don't find the "C-word" to be that offensive, but I am usually respectful to filter myself to not say such "bad words" around others. The only exception is if they're really, really being obnoxious, and I mean like spitting on people. I'm not confrontational at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i hear it when not used as an insult i think it more of someone that fucks mothers..a cougar hunter heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I just view it as a curse word or insult. I don't stop to think what the phrase of words actually mean.

She doesn't sound like a very fun person if she takes insults that literally.

Literal people are never fun...

It's probably very rare for someone to mean that sort of thing literally. When I say "god dammit!" it's not really my intention to call down the wrath of a supreme being...it's usually just an expression of frustration for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    She doesn't sound like a very fun person if she takes insults that literally.

Literal people are never fun...
    Literally, they're never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    If doin' it is wrong, I don't wannabe right.

I imagine this sounds highly unusual to those who don't know the song.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's probably very rare for someone to mean that sort of thing literally. When I say "god dammit!" it's not really my intention to call down the wrath of a supreme being...it's usually just an expression of frustration for me.
    But what would you do if you DID call down the wrath of a supreme being??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lylyth View Post
    But what would you do if you DID call down the wrath of a supreme being??!!
    I'd probably find a few strategic places to use the phrase more effectively. :P

And then threads "Why some guilds deny girls" pop out... there are reasons for that :P.
    We got 3 girls in the guild, they dont mind such stuff, theyre used to similar stuff flying around. Theyre no drama queens either.
    And no... when such words (or combos) are over used they lose their original meaning.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with being a mother lover !

It would be my honor to be your new stepfather.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-08-24 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    And then threads "Why some guilds deny girls" pop out... there are reasons for that :P.
    Yeah.

The girl in my guild taught me to use cunt all the fucking time.

I never thought about it that way...but most curse words have lost their touch over the years, sadly, fuck just doesn't do it for me anymore, I've used it SO much and to curse off EVERYTHING that it no longer has the same meaning as when I first heard it. But mother fucker certainly isn't the worst insult, I'd say the C word is the worst. And Dbag seems to tick a lot of people off more than any others.