10+ Year Old Account

What should I do?

I was woken up by my 21 months old for no reason so I decided to go downstairs and level my 6th toon while she plays. As soon I logged in, Aeronaxx spawned and I was the only one in Deepholm so I grabbed it and managed to kill it on my undergeared mage with 20% of health left.

But here's my problem, learning the mount requires artisan riding skill and this is just my alt so I got expert riding skill. And the mount is soulbound.

Should I wait until 5.0.4 to see if I can learn it without artisan riding skill or should I stop being so cheap as Mr Krabs and buy artisan riding skill on my mage?

My vote's to buy the riding; after all, faster movement is awesome for leveling.

I'd recommend not being so cheap. Gold is definitely not hard to make in wow. Not to mention the incredibly low amount you would have to obtain. Edit *I also meant no offense by the cheap remark. I won a Reins of the Twilight Drake before I purchased mine.
    Last edited by Gripple; 2012-08-26 at 05:21 AM.

Would it really be so hard to wait less than a week? I mean really it's like not even 5 days away now, and this is an alt. You surely aren't that desperate for bag space. Just sit on it and play the waiting game, and in the meantime if you even play that alt 'til then maybe just farm up some gold or something just in case.
    And Artisan shouldn't even be that expensive any more, so if Tuesday comes and goes and you still can't learn it, would it really be so terrible to trade what, 5k gold for a fairly rare mount that all of your toons can now use?

10+ Year Old Account
    You get 5000g for getting to 85. So just buy it, and get that mount on all your characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input, you're right, it wouldn't be so bad to wait few more days and I do have 4 other level 80 alts to level so I should be rolling in gold in no time

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a bit confused. Why would you wait until 5.0.4? I wasn't aware of any changes to riding. All drakes of all kinds require Artisan flying. In fact, I'm under the impression that -all- flying mounts that aren't faction based require artisan.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Im a bit confused. Why would you wait until 5.0.4? I wasn't aware of any changes to riding. All drakes of all kinds require Artisan flying. In fact, I'm under the impression that -all- flying mounts that aren't faction based require artisan.
    Just in case they can learn it thanks to some of their other characters having Artisan flying. There's a lot of weird little details no one's sure about thanks to Blizzard either flip-floping (PvP mounts, BoA Master Riding with the Meta) or just not even knowing themselves. It's not a very long time to wait, then they'll have a firm answer, and they'll also likely have the money pooled in the likely case they still can't learn it.

People are so impatient these days, at least if they wait, there's a slim chance they won't have to spend anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the Love Rocket achievement on my warrior which also gave me 310% speed, I'm going to wait and see if it applies to all my alts too. If that doesn't work, I'm going to see if I can learn it and use it on my toons that got artisan skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tooltip still shows it requiring the skill. These are up to date, unless they've made the change recently.

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=63042

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't imagine that Riding Skill will be shared. Riding is effectively just another secondary profession. There's really no reason it should be shared.

That's sort of like saying, if your 85 alt never trained regular flying (150% speed), but your 85 main did, and has a 280% speed (or 310), then your alt should get it too. I see no reason these things would be passed on but.. again.. never know. I just think it's HIGHLY unlikely. Not only that, but I believe people would absolutely RIOT knowing they spent 5000g on something that was later free.

I really can't imagine that Riding Skill will be shared. Riding is effectively just another secondary profession. There's really no reason it should be shared.

That's sort of like saying, if your 85 alt never trained regular flying (150% speed), but your 85 main did, and has a 280% speed (or 310), then your alt should get it too. I see no reason these things would be passed on but.. again.. never know. I just think it's HIGHLY unlikely. Not only that, but I believe people would absolutely RIOT knowing they spent 5000g on something that was later free.
    You mean like they've rioted about all the other price nerfs since the beginning of time? Dual Spec, pretty much all riding training, mount costs, all things that used to be prohibitively expensive and are now fairly trivial for many players. I'm sure Blizz is more than used to weathering that sort of backlash by now. :P

Also the only reason this is sort of questionable is during the Beta the Violet Protodrake gave any character who rode it the achievement, which then granted Master Riding. A few builds ago they removed the riding skill from the achievement or something and it looks like it no longer shares it, but it was a pretty popular decision so who knows if they'll go back on it, they've done a lot of waffling over what's account-wide and what's not.

Deleted
    Sounds a bit like me during wotlk on my hunter,except it was my main and I had just returned to the game (this was during t7) after blizz screwed my account up so I couldn't subscribe for 2 months (december>february) and we were doing Culling of Stratholme and did a timed run (which was amazing for us back then cause that's how bad we were) I ended up winning the mount even though we all needed it but I didn't even have artisan riding - > I mindlessly farmed gold for the next 2 weeks to make enough to pay for it so my guildies wouldn't 'hate' on me for taking the mount.

Anyhow, nowadays 5k gold is earned back in a day so just get the riding for your alt

I say wait. It's only 2 days.

If "what a long, strange trip it's been" goes account wide and you have it, it might give you the flying

If not, pay up.

P.S I think I speak for everyone when I say I hate you.

http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd go thank your daughter!

And I'd wait. If it doesn't work out, oh well. If it does, hoorah!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature