15+ Year Old Account

RAF/grant levels

my question is im thinking of doing the the whole RAF for my monk but not sure how the grant xp/level works i have a few level 85's and a low level shammy im currently wrking on i planned on making a new account for my monk separate from my main account if thats how it works can i use the whole grant xp from my 85's to my monk or any of my toons on my main account

you dont grant XP from the toons you already have. you grant xp from the new account to the old account. and you get to grant half of the amount of levels. so if you get to 60 you can grant another toon 30 levels, up to level 60.

so whoever you recruit can can grant to you, but you cant grant to them.

but you do get triple xp. Its extremly fast leveling.
    Last edited by Scrambledegg; 2012-08-24 at 04:12 AM.

So you need 2 toons level 80 to give each 40 levels to your monk or one 80 and 2 toons 40 each

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrambledegg View Post
    you dont grant XP from the toons you already have. you grant xp from the new account to the old account. and you get to grant half of the amount of levels. so if you get to 60 you can grant another toon 30 levels, up to level 60.

so whoever you recruit can can grant to you, but you cant grant to them.

but you do get triple xp. Its extremly fast leveling.

let me get this straight i make my monk on my old account and i get more toons leveled up on the new account and then i can grant the levels to my monk correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    let me get this straight i make my monk on my old account and i get more toons leveled up on the new account and then i can grant the levels to my monk correct?
    Yes, but you have to level in a group with a toon from the old account that's around the same level. You have to gain those levels with the triple experience bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc4bc3e722e0; 2012-08-24 at 05:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezatoa View Post
    Yes, but you have to level in a group with a toon from the old account that's around the same level. You have to gain those levels with the triple experience bonus.
    so i'll need a level 20/40/80 then level my monk with those toon to get the bonus if i understand this correctly

so i'll need a level 20/40/80 then level my monk with those toon to get the bonus if i understand this correctly
    My understanding is that you can only grant levels off toons you leveled with RAF. You don't just grant levels from your existing high level toons. Whenever the friend's character gains two levels, he's able to grant one level to a character of yours, but this character needs to be lower level than the friend's character.

if you want the triple xp you have to been in the same group and doing the same quests/ dungeons to get the bonus. Im not sure if you have to be the same level or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambledegg View Post
    if you want the triple xp you have to been in the same group and doing the same quests/ dungeons to get the bonus. Im not sure if you have to be the same level or not.
    You have to be within four levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    my question is im thinking of doing the the whole RAF for my monk but not sure how the grant xp/level works i have a few level 85's and a low level shammy im currently wrking on i planned on making a new account for my monk separate from my main account if thats how it works can i use the whole grant xp from my 85's to my monk or any of my toons on my main account
    Reading your posts you seem to be confused as to how RaF/Grant a Level works.

It's rather simple;

You recruit an account OR are recruited.
    What this means is that you find someone to partner with for the RaF program, or you partner with yourself. If you recruit you'll be the parent account. If you want to be granted levels you NEED to be the parent (recruiting) account, the recruited (child) account will be the one granting the levels! So whatever character you plan to be granting the levels to NEEDS to be on the Parent account, and the characters you plan to distribute the levels NEED to be on the child account. IF they leave the child account they are no longer valid. They are character specific and server specific so make sure to level the toons you plan to distribute the levels on, on the server with the character you want to give them to!

When you partner with another person you want to first be within 4 levels of the other person or else you lose the XP bonus! You also need to be within a certain yard range. So stay close! You need to be in the same group, so always be grouped up and quest/instance, grind it out do whatever you want!

Or you can do it with yourself. This presents two options.

Option one; Dual Box and run yourself. Essentially solo question with one char on follow. This way you get the XP bonus at all times and speed up the process.

Option two; say forget the XP bonus, and level alone, and just use the account for level distribution, not speed bonus.

Once you have your characters leveled, it's time to grand the levels!

You can only grant levels to characters AT or below your level. You also only gain 1 level to grant for ever 2 levels earned.

Since RaF only goes up to 80, this means that a level 80 character can yield a level 40 character. A level 40 character can yield a level 20 character. A level 20 character can yield a level 10 character. So on so forth, it's at any 1/2 interval. In order to actually grant levels, log onto the character who you've earned them on, and then target your desired character you wish you wish to boost, right click their name, and click "Grant level" FIRST accept the level on the other character, then proceed to do this until max level. Do NOT spam the "Grant level" or else it goes into the eternal abyss.

If you want to maximize your leveling, what's recommended is to do this.

Level 2 40's and 1 80.

Your two 40's will give 20 levels each, up to level 40. Your level 80 will give you 40 levels bringing you from level 40-80. You MUST do the level 40's first for this to work.

You do NOT get any levels for any PREVIOUSLY leveled characters which were NOT apart of the RaF Program.

TLDR; Recruit an account, level 2 40's and 1 80. First use the two 40's to grant the Monk (or desired character) 20 levels each. Then use the level 80 to grant 40 levels to cap out at 80.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature