I apologize if there's a duplicate thread elsewhere; I searched for "favorite quotes", and I couldn't find a similar thread. I did see a "favorite video game quote" thread, but this thread is dedicated to general quotes, not tied to a specific nature.
Post your favorite (general) quotes here! They can be funny, insightful, meaningful, or whatever. Post away!
Here are mine:
- "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
- "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin
- “The perfect being, was it? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you really are a scientist.” - Bleach. Lol.
- "There is no right, nor wrong; only conflicting ideologies." - Anonymous
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln