Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is your guild raiding first days of 5.0?

I'm interested to know if other peoples guilds will be raiding for the first days of 5.0.

I set calendar invites for next week for my guild and people seem to be concerned about having time to "completely relearn their class" in the time between shutdown and raid time. I could understand this if everyone was going in blind, but information about class mechanic changes has been around for ages and if people are too lazy to know basic information by now they shouldn't be in a guild looking for progression in MoP.

Is it really that drastic of a change that raid night has to be held back a few days. I know warlocks are changing alot and something about shadow priests is changing a bit, but apart from that there don't seem to be too many gamebreaking changes to other classes, or maybe I just don't notice it because I'm a disc priest...

What better place to relearn the classes than in a raiding environment? Sounds to me like people are just bored of the raids and wanted an excuse to have a break
    Last edited by Sprinky; 2012-08-24 at 01:37 PM.

Our guild clears DS every week just to spend time together, and I can say that we are all extremely excited about this Tuesday. Even though the content wont be new, the experience will be, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    What better place to relearn the classes than in a raiding environment? Sounds to me like people are just bored of the raids and wanted an excuse to have a break
    That was sort of my responce too. They'll be able to learn it better in an actual raid rather than sitting at a training dummy or running LFR 50 times...

I also think next week will be the best time to jump into raids. Relearn rotation, try new specs. You just have to let them know (and realise it) that it's okay that the group will not perform as good as it normaly would.
    Last edited by Bisso; 2012-08-24 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    We're raiding. We're not expecting things to be as smooth as they've always been, but it's essentially training after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Our guild clears DS every week just to spend time together, and I can say that we are all extremely excited about this Tuesday. Even though the content wont be new, the experience will be, it's going to be a lot of fun.
    This really. Our guild will still be clearing just to keep everyone current and to help build chemistry with the new recruits coming in for Mists. The only raiding break will be during the level and gear up period at the start of the expansion. Our GM said the 2nd lockout will be our first raiding week.

Edit: To address your lack of concern of the game changes incoming: expect your Warlocks, Mages, Warriors, and Shaman at the very least to have a very large learning curve ahead of them.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2012-08-24 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild raids mornings and most of them work nights. very few will have had a chance to even look at their toon before wednsday morning. likely we will raid though, just maybe thursday instead of wednsday like usual.

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll be raiding on day one, but probably not a full heroic run. We'll do the easiest heroic bosses, but probably run normal on a few just to get use to our new abilities.

what my guild will prolly do is doing some battleground and heroic dungeon
    to get that feeling again. not to mention about the talent
    hopefully we'll master our class agian

My guild is fully expecting to start up some DS again to learn all our new class mechanics. Best way to re-learn your class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. My main guild has been raiding even through the dull farm. My alt's guild is also coming back and starting to raid with the 5.0 patch so that people won't be too rusty when MoP hits.

We'll be raiding October 2. Then again, we didn't have any progression since early April. You have 5 weeks to learn your class, should be more than enough.

One thing though, make sure to take a break. We only had 2 weeks between our last ICC and our first BWD, and we lost a LOT of raiders in Tier 11 because they got sick of raiding.

edit: nope.

We aren't doing anything until mid September.
    Last edited by fangless; 2012-08-24 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    We'll be raiding October 2. Then again, we didn't have any progression since early April. You have 5 weeks to learn your class, should be more than enough.

One thing though, make sure to take a break. We only had 2 weeks between our last ICC and our first BWD, and we lost a LOT of raiders in Tier 11 because they got sick of raiding.
    Topic was more about next week's patch and raiding DS, than it was about raiding in MoP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    First days? Wut. Everyone will be leveling the 'first days'.

We plan to do raids that weekend though.
    If you read the OP or any part of the thread, you'd realize we're all talking about the patch that comes on Tuesday, August 28th.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Full clear as per usual my guild is planning. Best learning environment is raiding itself. Everyone was required to have beta anyway so all that will be different is raiding with all the changes at 85 as opposed to 90. Fun times await.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're especially scheduling a raid for re-learning our classes - as we haven't done much of DS during the past few weeks. People have better things to do when it's sunny and warm outside, it seems

[/COLOR]Yes my guild will be raiding next week, We are all very excited to try the new talents in a raid
    Last edited by meifumado; 2012-08-24 at 03:52 PM.

We're going back and clearing Firelands, we're going to do ICC-25 with 12 or 15 people, and then maybe some Tier 11 achievement chasing. We're bored with DS, we want something slightly more dangerous than target dummies to practice our new rotations and spells on.