Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    stuff gonnabe bumpy in the begining when everyone works out how too play properly agian (most of us dnt intend too play much in the pre-patch. they gonna play GW2).
    so the 1 week before raiding becomes avaible will be perfect too practice in dungeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This really. Our guild will still be clearing just to keep everyone current and to help build chemistry with the new recruits coming in for Mists. The only raiding break will be during the level and gear up period at the start of the expansion. Our GM said the 2nd lockout will be our first raiding week.

Edit: To address your lack of concern of the game changes incoming: expect your Warlocks, Mages, Warriors, and Shaman at the very least to have a very large learning curve ahead of them.
    Shaman really?????

Basically only few things changed.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2012-08-24 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Shaman really?????

Basically only few things changed.
    I surely have to learn to not hit that Water Shield button every 10 seconds!

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not raiding next tuesday, but picking up for the 3 weeks after.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll be raiding with our core 10man team the minute the first ones open. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Topic was more about next week's patch and raiding DS, than it was about raiding in MoP.
    Oh, then I scheduled a 0% dragon soul in like 3 weeks so our new raid roster can try their classes in a competitive environment.

The first week of the pre-expension patch is always chaotic.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

We are learning our class, then testing it in DS.
    It's really what you do every pre-patch.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

I get my Tree form back, Of course ill be raiding!!!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We plan to run non-serious raids after people finish adjusting their UI's, action bars, keybinds, etc so that we can learn how to use the new abilities (particularly me as a Warlock) before MoP drops.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm interested to know if other peoples guilds will be raiding for the first days of 5.0.

I set calendar invites for next week for my guild and people seem to be concerned about having time to "completely relearn their class" in the time between shutdown and raid time. I could understand this if everyone was going in blind, but information about class mechanic changes has been around for ages and if people are too lazy to know basic information by now they shouldn't be in a guild looking for progression in MoP.

Is it really that drastic of a change that raid night has to be held back a few days. I know warlocks are changing alot and something about shadow priests is changing a bit, but apart from that there don't seem to be too many gamebreaking changes to other classes, or maybe I just don't notice it because I'm a disc priest...
    Honestly. It'll probably be a bit of a wipefest with the way tanks are getting moved around (unless you're a DK, most tanks are getting moved to the DK model of active mitigation)

But as a guild, it should open up a good social window. questions like "Woah, what did you just cast?" should be appearing on vent, prompting everyone to share new information it would be more about learning the new ropes, and less about progression. It also gives your less savvy players who aren't keeping up with the changes a chance to ask, "What buttons should I be pressing" (or if you're a hardcore elitist raid-leader, a chance to root out players who can't be assed to at least figure their own shit out.)

We raid once a week for sales so yep!

Deleted
    Reset Weds, we'll raid Thurs and clear everything.

Nope, but I might find a pug. Interested in seeing the changes in action even if it means going into DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, we are. as i havnt been in the beta to test it out, it will be a experience!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Why wouldn't we? If you need more than 10 minutes to adapt to all the class changes I got some bad news for you son...

Yup. we are starting on Wednesday just in case the server is unplayable on Tuesday (Since we raid only a few hours after realms come up)

I just joined a new guild, so as a trial I'm required to do some raids (also that way I'll see if I'm getting a raid spot). So.. yes. Lucky for me though I've been playing with the new Warrior playstyle in the Beta; all I have to check when the patch hits is at level 85 in DS gear if Arms or Fury does more DPS as that's my offspec.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2012-08-25 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Yes we have plans on doing the last few achievments in DS10 to get our mounts now when we finaly have madness heroic down (yay we are slow i know we have had huge problems with members for months )
    So we had the idea that it will help people to relearn their classes if its needed and such and then continue raid heroic DS if all works out as there is nothing else to do i dont think the theramore thing will hold people occupied for that long to be honest.

seems like i can only get my raiders to log on if we are selling heroic rag/DW mounts. but i expect with the new stuff coming out, everyone will be on and wanting to raid/try their classes out. its gonna be alittle rough since only a few of us are regularly on the beta and know how to play our new class abilities.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    We are, I will have fun seeing which classes are broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.