Poll: Would you appreciate a 'Lore' sub-forum?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Lore Forum?

15+ Year Old Account

Lore Forum?

Can we have one, please?

If there was one, would you post in it?

This was suggested a lot of times in the Suggestion subforum. I believe Boub said there probably wouldn't be enough interest in it, and that any lore thread could easily be placed in the General Discussions.

I'd support it anyway, I'd definatly want to visit it every day.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2012-08-24 at 03:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I like to read about it on the forums. It usually takes me a while to dig out a lore thread from the GD forum.

Let's get this poll maxed out and show some love for the Lore - hopefully someone will grant our wish

15+ Year Old Account
    There's just not enough discussion about lore right now to justify it, plus it will end up being a troll magnet.

The best way to see us implement a lore forum is to show us that there's actually enough interest -- that means more than just one or two active lore threads all the time.

You could always try a petition, like Diablo 3 had when they asked if they wanted more Diablo 3 news. But I don't know if you may put it in the General Discussions, or even on the front page if Boub or Chaud allow it. I wish Guild Wars 2 could also have a petition like Diablo 3 had, but apparently Boub keeps it with the Blizzard games.

What I sometimes don't like is how the remaining lore threads are spread around the General and MoP discussions, so it would be easier to have all the lore forums in one subforum trough. World of Warcraft itself is very rich in lore, and could easily compete with PvP, achievements and other WoW stuff that got their subforum.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually came to this forum to make a thread about this, but apparently there already is one. I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    There's just not enough discussion about lore right now to justify it, plus it will end up being a troll magnet.

The best way to see us implement a lore forum is to show us that there's actually enough interest -- that means more than just one or two active lore threads all the time.
    Most lore threads become incredibly large, mainly because they have multiple different discussions in them. If you go into one, you'll notice multiple conversations about different things, primarily because of how connected the Warcraft lore is.

On a side note, most popular lore threads are about popular topics, like Garrosh. The problem with making a thread about, say, Khadgar, is that only people who have played Warcraft 2 or have read the Last Guardian will know about him. Seeing as the general forum has traffic about multiple things besides lore, these threads get pushed down very fast. Because of this, people who enjoy discussing lore can't do it.

Chaud himself voted ''no'' on the poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What I sometimes don't like is how the remaining lore threads are spread around the General and MoP discussions, so it would be easier to have all the lore forums in one subforum trough. World of Warcraft itself is very rich in lore, and could easily compete with PvP, achievements and other WoW stuff that got their subforum.
    Well, I imagine a lore forum wouldn't be a "replacement" for lore stuffs being posted in gen, just a more... specialized/dedicated area in which to discuss them. The same way it's handled on the official forums -- you can talk about lore all you like in gen, but there's also a dedicated section for it.

Anyway, I've always seen the value in it; MMO-C being region-free also lets us pool user interest from both sides of the fence. Like Sunshine said though, it's all down to whether that interest warrants it.

Deleted
    YES, I would love to see a Lore forum!

I'd love a lore forum.
    But to try to justify it, maybe people should post in here what they'd discuss in specific topics. That way we will see whether people get riled up with the discussion or whether there really are only 1-2 interesting topics at a time.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be more helpful to talk about those topics directly in the general discussion forum; it's the actual discussion and activity that we need to see, not the theory of it.