Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most 'powerful' profession.

So, I was thinking about that...

Rangers commune with Spirits and are even able to summon them to get help. Spirits will also obey to the ranger's commands. That's... Woah!

Necromancers summon dead crap out of nowhere (did you notice some bias? I didn't), and... I would like some lore explaining behind necros tbh.

Mesmers seem to utilise pure magic to create illusions (?)

Elementalists control the elements at their will.

Guardians use what?

And what about thieves?

If you had to put them in a row of most to least powerful, how would you put them? Why? Lorewise or feeling wise?

Note: This is not intended to be a flame/trollfest of "my prof is better than yours".

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o I wouldn't say any of them are more powerful than any other.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    In order of mace-wieldingness;

Guardian

What are the others again?

Hell i will bite Guardians can summon the embodiment of justice and courage the spectral weapons are powerful Thieves can summon trained assasins to fight by thier side

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say some are more powerful at certain rolls but without playing the game extensively I would have to say they feel really balanced. The only thing I notice is a huge skill gap. Sometimes you faceroll people others you get face rolled.

Like Necromancers seem to be able to control conditions better then any other profession, Guardians seem to be the best at providing healing support. Thieves and Mesmers are the most annoying things to kill. I hate when I face a Mesmer with every single invisibility spell. Haven't played all the professions enough to figure out how I like to play them. But from what I've played they all seem to be really good and slightly better in different areas then other professions. So I don't think you could really list them.

Please people, read what the thread is saying xD

Only etubrutei answered normally.
    Last edited by Well; 2012-08-24 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Newsflash, a lot of people only read the title of the thread before answering cant help ya out tho becouse im not a lore nerd. (said with the most respect and love)

Deleted
    Engineers

Nor Gods-Nor Nature -Nor Necromancy , can fight back the humans lust for destruction :P

Being able to control the forces of life & death or the raw elemental fabric of reality seem pretty powerful to me.

- Necromancer
    [Life & death powers, absolute minion control, force/physical manipulation, conjuration, spiritual & physical transformation]

- Elementalist
    [Elemental control, life giving powers, absolute minion control, force/physical manipulation, conjuration, physical transformation]

- Guardian
    [Life giving power, force/physical manipulation, conjuration, absolute minion control]

- Mesmer
    [Force/physical manipulation, conjuration, illusion]

- Ranger
    [Conjuration, absolute minion control, nature manipulation]

- Thief
    [Illusion, shadow based powers, conjuration]

- Warrior
    [Conjuration, physical transformation, force/physical manipulation]

- Engineer
    [Alchemy, conjuration]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

I did read what the thread is saying. I don't feel that any one profession is more powerful than any other in regards to the lore behind them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I feel like a Mesmer who would be able to master the concept of Time can't be beaten...once you can stop/go back in time or isolate areas in which time is different than the areas around it, you can't lose. This idea being formed from their Time Warp and what not...

I think if you go the "high fantasy" route, the Elementalist is the most powerful of them all. Seriously - who could fuck with Gandalf in LOTR? ONLY ANOTHER WIZARD!

So you're a Guardian? Fireball.
    So you're a Warrior? Fireball.
    So you're a thief? Sneaky fireball.
    So you're a mesmer? Non-illusionary fireball.

See where I'm going with this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    I think if you go the "high fantasy" route, the Elementalist is the most powerful of them all. Seriously - who could fuck with Gandalf in LOTR? ONLY ANOTHER WIZARD!

So you're a Guardian? Fireball.
    So you're a Warrior? Fireball.
    So you're a thief? Sneaky fireball.
    So you're a mesmer? Non-illusionary fireball.

See where I'm going with this?
    There are NO "Wizards" in LOTR.

Besides this, I would imagine that fantasy warfare is much like real warfare minus all the magic and unrealistic physics. Be in the wrong spot at the wrong time and die. You fight someone as a Magic user and get stabbed in the back by someone running by.

Deleted
    To be honest, cutting someone in half with a sword or shooting someone in the head with a gun should kill them just as quick as throwing a ball of fire to their face.

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    Hell i will bite Guardians can summon the embodiment of justice and courage the spectral weapons are powerful Thieves can summon trained assasins to fight by thier side
    Guardians pull from Dwayna and Kormir.

Necros - Grenth
    Rangers/Ele - Melandru
    Ele/War - Balthazar
    Mesmers - Lyss
    Thief - Balthazar /grenth( maybe cause of the shifting through the shadows)
    Engineer - shrooms.

Pretty sure a Charr Guardian would spit on Dwayna and Kormir.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    There are NO "Wizards" in LOTR.

Besides this, I would imagine that fantasy warfare is much like real warfare minus all the magic and unrealistic physics. Be in the wrong spot at the wrong time and die. You fight someone as a Magic user and get stabbed in the back by someone running by.
    Actually, many men in Middle-Earth did refer to them as wizards, though the elves called them Istari. However, I digress.

Obviously, every profession has a weakness. However, in a straight-up fight where you can measure "power", I still believe Elementalists hold the most cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Guardians pull from Dwayna and Kormir.
    Guardians don't pull from any god. They simply are masters of defensive magic.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    Obviously, every profession has a weakness. However, in a straight-up fight where you can measure "power", I still believe Elementalists hold the most cards.
    Who says it's going to be a straight-up fight? Plenty of professions are tricksy.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-24 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pretty sure a Charr Guardian would spit on Dwayna and Kormir.

Without an attitude, it could be seen that they draw from the ambient magics, instead of directly worshipping them.

but you know... keep thinking one and only one way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Without an attitude, it could be seen that they draw from the ambient magics, instead of directly worshipping them.
    Guardians are not associated with the gods, in any way, shape, or form. Technically speaking, even for the humans, the gods have abandoned them, and give them no more power. They simply continue to worship said gods.

You don't need to have divine might in order to wield powerful defensive and supporting magic. Which is all Guardians do.

If you want to play a Guardian who devotes himself to the gods and acts like a holy crusader, by all means, do so - but the power of the Guardians has nothing to do with the gods.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-24 at 04:41 PM.