Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Besides, keybinding is faster than mouse clicking(FACT). So why does it matter where the keys are if you can just rebind them? I'm very confused about that.
    I am sure this is true, but I have never tried key binding in all the years of playing. Trying to remember which key worked for what would just leave me staring at my cheat sheet while the fight went on. Besides, I would have to look at the keyboard every time to find where the key is. I can't type worth a darn so the keys are not instinctive. And if I change the standard strafe keys qweasd to something else, then the rest of my games are hosed.

But several posters make a great comment. Why is the longbow knock back skill 4 and the short bow one is skill 3. Now I have to wait for the skill to recharge when I really need it because I used it already. If the order of the skills were similar, I wouldn't care if I cannot move them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaradann View Post
    I am sure this is true, but I have never tried key binding in all the years of playing. Trying to remember which key worked for what would just leave me staring at my cheat sheet while the fight went on. Besides, I would have to look at the keyboard every time to find where the key is. I can't type worth a darn so the keys are not instinctive. And if I change the standard strafe keys qweasd to something else, then the rest of my games are hosed
    Try to bind 1 skill at a time. For instance your heal skill on E and nothing more. Then bind more and more skills. After a while you will have all binds memorized and you'll notice that you'll have a much faster handling speed than you had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Try to bind 1 skill at a time. For instance your heal skill on E and nothing more. Then bind more and more skills. After a while you will have all binds memorized and you'll notice that you'll have a much faster handling speed than you had before.
    Ok, I can try that. But how do I strafe then? I started playing in eq1 as a cleric and never ever needed to strafe. FPS games were always too fast for me so never played them really. I use a Logitech trackball so often move with the 2 mouse buttons and spin with the thumb. I have a limited amount of desk space for the mouse. I figure a regular mouse user has to move the mouse all over the desk, often lifting it to bring it back closer to the body. Is this what you do or is there a mouse technique I do not know of?

Deleted
    Ok, I can try that. But how do I strafe then? I started playing in eq1 as a cleric and never ever needed to strafe. FPS games were always too fast for me so never played them really. I use a Logitech trackball so often move with the 2 mouse buttons and spin with the thumb. I have a limited amount of desk space for the mouse. I figure a regular mouse user has to move the mouse all over the desk, often lifting it to bring it back closer to the body. Is this what you do or is there a mouse technique I do not know of?
    Look around and turn by holding down your right mouse button. I've bound stafing to my A and D keys. But you can choose any key you're most comfortable with. It's much faster than keyboard turning, but you aren't able to click and mouse turn effectively. And increase your DPI/camera speed. That'll require some getting used to as well, but then you'll hardly have to move your mouse anymore.

Thanks, I will have to consider this. It means changing the strafe keys for every game I play otherwise it would be way too confusing. I assume that key binds only really work in a game like this with so few skills? In eq2 I use 20 skills every fight with another 24 skills situationally. I would not even know where to start with key binds there since I would need at least 10-15 just to manage the normal fights.

Thanks, I will have to consider this. It means changing the strafe keys for every game I play otherwise it would be way too confusing. I assume that key binds only really work in a game like this with so few skills? In eq2 I use 20 skills every fight with another 24 skills situationally. I would not even know where to start with key binds there since I would need at least 10-15 just to manage the normal fights.
    The game isn't particularly taxing when it comes to skill use. Depending on kit, you might use as little 2 buttons the majority of the time. Never more than 10.

Also keep in mind, a lot of skills are situational. So yea, 2-3 buttons usually.

Some builds even use none. It's just auto attack. Positioning is emphasized over 10,000 skills to use.