Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by connectz View Post
    Funny enough wow was more complex when there were less abilities lol.
    Without a doubt!

    Also, it seems to me that with the new talent system in WoW they are actually trying to have less abilities for you to use.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  2. #42
    lol i think the gamebreaker tv site is about to break, so many concurrent connections.lol

  3. #43
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Rabble
    Oh, get over yourself. People are entitled to their own opinion. Your opinion is not fact, no matter how much you wish it to be.

    On topic: I wouldn't recommend buying it if you're not sure. Take a look at some articles, videos, pictures, forum posts, discussions, etc and come to your own conclusion. You should only buy something when you feel 100% comfortable with it.
    Last edited by aiko-chan; 2012-08-25 at 03:27 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You could also buy now for $60 and get early access (starting in 70minutes to 250 minutes) and a +2 allstats ring (or wrist? I don't know which it is).

    I mean honestly if it sucks, $60 is not a large investment for anyone who regularly buys and plays video games, especially one with just so much content. Best part is more content will keep being made and you don't need a sub to pay for it.
    This is quite true, and I have actually considered buying it now, but the only problem is that by the time my internet finishes downloading the game, there would have been no point in paying for early access. If I get it (which is looking more and more likely), it will be a physical copy as to make installing it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I know right!?!?!? Because the class mechanics in WoW are just SO complex profound right? ROFL!!!

    Almost every spec in WoW revolves around a standard 3-6 button rotation, every other button you have on your screen is just mindless and unneeded clutter from buffs, mounts, pets, macros and spells that you almost never ever use during combat.

    The lack of brains in this thread is making my fucking head spin.
    defend gw2 all you want, but spouting bullshit about WoW won't fool anyone who knows how to play the game, i guess we got a LFR badass or something? not a hunter who plays at 2.4k rating and probably uses like 30 keybinds in 1 arena match eh?

    i'm not going to try insult GW2 because i know nothing about it, and you shouldn't try insult WoW because clearly you know nothing about it apart from how to play classes badly on very easy content.

  6. #46
    De-hype mode enabled , less ppl in launch - less whining

    Theres 20-30 ppl in this site and others , where they dont like the Camera smoothness-inertia
    Ryukai at his 25th post explains it better here :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-camera/page2

    We dont know (i dont see the problem) if the problem is already fixxed today .
    Otherwise the company , truly listen to their customers , and they will expect to be fixxed in the next 10 days .
    Keep an eye , if those ppl at that post whine again :P
    GW2 : Plzbegentle - Ruins of Surmia EU - Sylvari Engineer
    WoW: Vergin - Deathwing EU - Elf Resto Druid (27/05/05 - 02/04/12 Perma-Banned- Unhappy whinning PvP customer - whos begged from 4.1 to get rid of the RNG of Regrowth ... )
    It seems ppl have the energy to whine for a game , for not beeing exactly like their <<main>> game , while it dont have a SUB , and they dont have the courage to whine at their Game Master for slacking and producing few PvE content ...

  7. #47
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Oh, get over yourself. People are entitled to their own opinion. Your opinion is not fact, no matter how much you wish it to be.
    Just what exactly was I saying that came across as facts? I can't tell because you chose to edit what I said like a clown.

    And no shit people are entitled to their own opinion, but it's not my fault that their opinions make no sense due to their lack of knowledge on the game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 09:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i guess we got a LFR badass or something?
    Not in the slightest... Cleared everything from MC to Heroic rag and then I quit so telling me that I don't know anything about WoW is absolutely hilarious. Try again please.
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-08-25 at 03:47 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  8. #48
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    rabble rabble
    Your extreme generalization of how WoW plays doesn't exactly make your opinion look any better.

    More insults coming in 3..2..1...

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Not in the slightest... Cleared everything from MC to Heroic rag and then I quit so telling me that I don't know anything about WoW is absolutely hilarious. Try again please.
    and u did it all with only ever pressing 3-6 buttons? wow how hard did u get carried? raided on 4 charas at max level and i use more than 3-6 binds on all of them, also anyone can say they cleared everything...when is a different matter.

  10. #50
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Blah blah blah
    I'm sorry, what?

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and u did it all with only ever pressing 3-6 buttons? wow how hard did u get carried? raided on 4 charas at max level and i use more than 3-6 binds on all of them, also anyone can say they cleared everything...when is a different matter.
    Fireball, scorch, pyroblast, living bomb, combustion. That's five. What else is there to use during in a standard boss encounter hmm?

    Edit: GW2 servers are up! And away we go!!!
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-08-25 at 04:05 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Fireball, scorch, pyroblast, living bomb, combustion. That's five. What else is there to use during in a standard boss encounter hmm?
    standard? i was talking proper heroic modes pre-nerf.

    blink
    ice block
    mage ward
    clones
    racial ability
    flame orb
    flame strike
    blast wave
    fire blast (impact)
    mana gem
    counterspell (not often)
    spellsteal (rarely)
    evocation

    so yeh 3-6 binds indeed, good to see you play a fire mage without even using flame orb.

  12. #52
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,053
    Stupid remarks and fanboism aside (the people claiming only the cool kids can play this game for example and claiming that WoW is easy or simple or whatever), I as a fan of both can tell you that if you're still unsure, then wait for a demo to be released. You can't access MoP with a trial for WoW, but I'm fairly sure GW2 will get one eventually.

    But yes, if you do feel that it's appealing, then you should buy it. Nobody can tell you for sure if you'll regret it or not.

    They're both 12+, that's about the one thing they have in common. 2 different mmorpgs, offering different content and challenges. Oh, and they also have in common that there are a lot of self-proclaimed know-it-alls around bashing other games to e-peen themselves and the game they're playing.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2012-08-25 at 04:39 AM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Stupid remarks and fanboism aside (the people claiming only the cool kids can play this game for example and claiming that WoW is easy or simple or whatever), I as a fan of both can tell you that if you're still unsure, then wait for a demo to be released. You can't access MoP with a trial for WoW, but I'm fairly sure GW2 will get one eventually.

    But yes, if you do feel that it's appealing, then you should buy it. Nobody can tell you for sure if you'll regret it or not.

    They're both 12+, that's about the one thing they have in common. 2 different mmorpgs, offering different content and challenges. Oh, and they also have in common that there are a lot of self-proclaimed know-it-alls around bashing other games to e-peen themselves and the game they're playing.
    Yeah, I don't need to hear people arguing about whether or not WoW is easy, or mage rotations being easy or not etc, or whether I should play one or the other. It has nothing to do with my original question I only mentioned MoP because I am on the fence about it, just like this game. I might not play either, or might play both, or only one. I shall decide when the time comes. The part about the trial is also a good idea.

    At this point, I am thinking I might buy it, but I am not "hooked in" as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    standard? i was talking proper heroic modes pre-nerf.

    blink
    ice block
    mage ward
    clones
    racial ability
    flame orb
    flame strike
    blast wave
    fire blast (impact)
    mana gem
    counterspell (not often)
    spellsteal (rarely)
    evocation

    so yeh 3-6 binds indeed, good to see you play a fire mage without even using flame orb.
    He did say standard boss encounter, not hc Ragnaros. How many keybinds do you need for a arcane mage?

    Anyways Wow is completely dumbed down compared to what it used to be, IN BC it wasn't just raids that provided a challenge. In Cata it's only HM raids for PVE content. MoP scenerios and HC dungeons are a absolute mindless aoe snoozefest.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-08-25 at 04:50 AM.

  15. #55
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    standard? i was talking proper heroic modes pre-nerf.

    blink
    ice block
    mage ward
    clones
    racial ability
    flame orb
    flame strike
    blast wave
    fire blast (impact)
    mana gem
    counterspell (not often)
    spellsteal (rarely)
    evocation

    so yeh 3-6 binds indeed, good to see you play a fire mage without even using flame orb.
    Yes, standard, just as I said in one of my previous posts. Standard as in using the core abilities that you use most in your average dps/healing/tanking rotation. Every ability that you listed is an ability that is not needed for these rotations, except for flame orb in which I forgot to add. Sue me.

    Seeing as you did not understand what I said at all do you want another example?

    Corruption, bane of agony, UA, haunt, shadowbolt

    Rend, mortal strike, slam, overpower, heroic strike, execute

    Explosive shot, black arrow, arcane shot, kill shot, cobra shot

    Understand what I'm saying now? because I think I was quite clear in the first place.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    defend gw2 all you want, but spouting bullshit about WoW won't fool anyone who knows how to play the game, i guess we got a LFR badass or something? not a hunter who plays at 2.4k rating and probably uses like 30 keybinds in 1 arena match eh?

    i'm not going to try insult GW2 because i know nothing about it, and you shouldn't try insult WoW because clearly you know nothing about it apart from how to play classes badly on very easy content.
    Why do HM mode if you can clear the content in LFR now, is it really worth the time doing HMs when you could spend that time doing something else and experiencing other things in life. Sure it was worth doing the content in BC and even up until end of WOLTK, however after 4.3 raiding has lost it's prestige with LFR.

  17. #57
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCrafter View Post
    He did say standard boss encounter, not hc Ragnaros. How many keybinds do you need for a arcane mage?

    Anyways Wow is completely dumbed down compared to what it used to be, IN BC it wasn't just raids that provided a challenge. In Cata it's only HM raids for PVE content. MoP scenerios and HC dungeons are a absolute mindless aoe snoozefest.
    If it was dumbed down, I wouldn't enjoy it. You think it is? Fine, but don't claim it to be fact and thereby pointing all players out to be "dumb". I play GW2 as well, what does that say about THIS game? Hmm?

    Oh, and I've done plenty of the older raids with level-appropriate toons in tbf lackluster gear and nobody breaching level requirements...I now find anyone claiming that BC or Classic raiding was the pinnacle of WoW gameplay to be a complete imbecile. Mount Hyjal especially gives me this outlook.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 04:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCrafter View Post
    Why do HM mode if you can clear the content in LFR now, is it really worth the time doing HMs when you could spend that time doing something else and experiencing other things in life. Sure it was worth doing the content in BC and even up until end of WOLTK, however after 4.3 raiding has lost it's prestige with LFR.
    This reasoning is just pure win...how about for the REAL encounters? The best rewards? Guild progression? Having fun with friends (can't come from LFR).

    Seriously, just /shoo. Respect the OP and don't bash other games to make yours look better...it doesn't work.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  18. #58
    Mechagnome Fitzgerald77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Yes, standard, just as I said in one of my previous posts. Standard as in using the core abilities that you use most in your average dps/healing/tanking rotation. Every ability that you listed is an ability that is not needed for these rotations, except for flame orb in which I forgot to add. Sue me.

    Seeing as you did not understand what I said at all do you want another example?

    Corruption, bane of agony, UA, haunt, shadowbolt

    Rend, mortal strike, slam, overpower, heroic strike, execute

    Explosive shot, black arrow, arcane shot, kill shot, cobra shot

    Understand what I'm saying now? because I think I was quite clear in the first place.
    Also, as someone else stated, back in BC and classic there were less abilities that people used. (Curse of shadows, shadowbolt spam. Scorch X5, fireball spam, keep up scorch. just for example)
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2012-08-25 at 04:56 AM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This reasoning is just pure win...how about for the REAL encounters? The best rewards? Guild progression? Having fun with friends (can't come from LFR).

    Seriously, just /shoo. Respect the OP and don't bash other games to make yours look better...it doesn't work.
    I am talking about experiencing the content, anyone can now which is great but there is a lot of people that play for the challenge of seeing the content within a guild structure. The fact that you can clear the content in LFR without a guild structure makes guilds and raiding less meaningful imo. Especially for new players who don't have friends ingame.

    So in terms of clearing the content BC was a lot harder then Cata. You have to compare the easiest way of clearing the content. Does DW die differently in HM compared to LFR? Is there additional Lore for doing HM mode. Do HM titles and Mounts get removed in MoP. The answer to all these questions is NO. We learnt the hardway with LK 25 heroic.
    Last edited by ShadowCrafter; 2012-08-25 at 05:02 AM.

  20. #60
    Ill be waiting for a couple months and seeing how it is then. Imo i think its going to be like a lot of the other mmo's out so...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •