Non American Take on US Gun Control

Hello,

This thread is inspired from the thread "non-american take on us elections". Since the recent shooting in New York by an employee, I was wondering the same question about GUN control in the US and the second amendment. What do non-americans think about it?
    Last edited by alexp2603; 2012-08-25 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp2603 View Post
    Hello,

This thread is inspired from the thread "non-american take on us elections". Since the recent shooting in New York by an employee, I was wondering the same question about GUN control in the US and the second amendment. What do non-americans think about it?
    A lot of them think we're stupid.

To them I have 2 words that I just learned.

Kennesaw, Georgia

I think it is just stupid. It would be a lot less shooting if it wasn't so easy to get guns. In Norway, you have to have a valid reason if you want to have a gun, like being a hunter or an athlete (within shooting). And if you get allowed to have a gun, you have to lock it in a very secure locker when you're not using it.

Even the police in Norway doesn't wear guns, they just bring them if it's needed. And that's someone else I don't like about USA. The cops. They seem to be very triggerhappy. If you raise a finger, they can suddenly shoot you and later state "he was a very dangerous man, we had to put him down" and they will never know if he actually was a good man cause now he's dead. So they make shows like "Cops" which has been aired in Norway aswell which just show propaganda on how great the cops are. The cops are the heroes of the USA! Or not. Please stop the glorifying. I get sick.

I actually was in New York City a year ago, great city btw, but on the police cars I saw that you could call some number if you saw a cop in trouble and you could get a huge bounty. Like a policeman's life is more worth than any other human?

It doesn't really matter what non-Americans think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    It doesn't really matter what non-Americans think about it.
    I can agree with that.

If someone wants a gun, they're gonna get a gun. End of discussion. Whether they're legal or not makes no difference. Drugs are illegal, and that sure stops people from doing them, right?
    Last edited by dercaderca; 2012-08-25 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    I see this thread ending well.

Frankly I find it pretty pathetic that despite the number of high profile incidents you still get people who will defend it relentlessly because of the constitution, because somehow if a law is old it must be good, amirite?

We have a lot of 2nd Amendment discussions, and there's not a lot here to inspire anything new. Plus, I agree with tommypilgrim's concerns.

Closed.