Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    or am i actually missing something here?
    This OP is saying that his reliable source claims that the servers will come up even 45mins earlier than THAT. /shrug
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-25 at 02:28 AM.

"The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on 25 August. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior."

0:00am minus 3 hours equals midnight? O_o

or am i actually missing something here?
    You're not..../patpat

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im fairly certain there are people who are trying to log in now lol.

i too got that email which said they may bring the servers up 3 hours before midnight, so that would mean it might be possible to log in at 9 if they are up

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just going to go through character creation the probably log for the night. I don't feel any need to rush through GW2 to get to endgame as there doesn't seem to be a point when you can do end game pvp anytime right, and there is not a Raid like setup either. So why rush through it staying up 5 days straight Korean style?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I am just going to go through character creation the probably log for the night. I don't feel any need to rush through GW2 to get to endgame as there doesn't seem to be a point when you can do end game pvp anytime right, and there is not a Raid like setup either. So why rush through it staying up 5 days straight Korean style?
    Doing this too. ^

As for it coming up. Everything says MAY.

May =/= will

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    im fairly certain there are people who are trying to log in now lol.
    I didn't try when I read that and you can't prove I did! >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    This OP is saying that his reliable source claims that the servers will come up even 45mins earlier than THAT. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You're not..../patpat
    SB says i'm right, so i'm gonna chose to believe him! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming it comes online 3 hours earlier, I plan to play for a solid 1-2 hours at my own pace, then go to work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    I didn't try when I read that and you can't prove I did! >>
    lol, i wont lie, i loaded the client about an hour ago and downloaded a small patch and i clicked the login button just to see what it would say =)

Tired and going to bed now. It'll all be there in the am when I get up np.

\o/
    I trust what Anet says......not "reliable sources". But I certainly am sitting here trying to sign in occasionally already

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    So if I pre-purchased and did not get any email like that - should I be concerned?
    If you have participated in recent stress tests and received that hero's sash in beta then you've got prepurchase benefits.

I haven't been emailed either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    \o/
    I trust what Anet says......not "reliable sources". But I certainly am sitting here trying to sign in occasionally already
    well yeah, same, but i've been doing that for hours so, so wa'evs :I

Deleted
    So this means in how many hours can you start clicking the login button to see if it works?
    all these american times or whatever doesent make me much wiser

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this means anything but.. the last few times I've tried to sign in, it told me that there was no Guild Wars event going on. But now it's saying it was unable to authenticate blah.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back to saying no event.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    So this means in how many hours can you start clicking the login button to see if it works?
    it's 7:46 PM PST as of this post. so in 1 hour, 14 minutes, it will be 9 PM PST
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-08-25 at 02:46 AM.

Well, I'm going to refrain from frantically spamming the login button until 6 (9pst). Though I may have the launcher open, information entered, ready to go. I won't torture myself though. ...I won't.

...I won't!

I assumed you meant "Am I missing something to do with this thread", not "am I missing something Anet said". If you don't want to believe the 'reliable sources' that's fine, as I don't either. Just telling you what the OP is claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    0am pst = 4:15h from now.
    9pm pst = 1:15h
    8:15pm pst = 45m

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I assumed you meant "Am I missing something to do with this thread", not "am I missing something Anet said". If you don't want to believe the 'reliable sources' that's fine, as I don't either. Just telling you what the OP is claiming.
    yeah actually i meant the first one, so i guess you may be right.
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-08-25 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the first time I actually gave a shit about twitter. If they do it, they would tweet about it right.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the first time I actually gave a shit about twitter. If they do it, they would tweet about it right.
    I believe so. I'm actually stalking twitter atm.