Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What is your "Weakness" in a video game?

I personally am a "Big number" type of person. That usually leads to me being a glass cannon and getting stomped on. Was never much of a Defensive type player. I just get in there and try to kill somebody before i go down.

What is your weakness in a video game? Being too aggressive? A perfectionist? Too defensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get too aggressive if I get annoyed, I've died many a time due to getting greedy. I wouldn't call being a perfectionist a weakness though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I love brute force. (Always play physical characters)

So... I get hit a lot >.<

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never block low, even when I know it's coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standing still not doing anything, waiting for something to happen. Defending in PvP, for example. I am decent at defending if I pay attention, but I alt tab...it doesnt exactly help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anticipation skill. I am either too fast or too slow to react to something.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm Headstrong and aggressive to the point of stupidity.

For example, I took a break for several months, my gear is still S10 honor gear on my lock. I will still try to take on multiple Cata geared people in BGs. I also have no problem charging into a mass of enemies in TB or at a base first, despite my team being a bunch of cowards, and waiting got the S10 avenger to start the fight for them. \\\

It's for this reason I decided to Play either my Guardian Druid or Blood DK into MoP. I need a class I can be reckless on.

Melee. I have never been very good with anything that was melee and usually survive a lot better as things that are often labelled as "glass cannons" (such as mages) but where possible, particularly with MMO's i have always gravitated towards healers. I don't know why, i just feel that with ME healing, both myself and anyone i am playing with is safer than if i were dpsing or any other role >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    In the genres that apply...

OPEN EVERY BOX AND AMMO CRATE. Already full ammo? BUT IT'S GREEN AND NOT OPENED! Already have a shit ton of cash? Backtrack for those 5 coins. Worth it? No. Do I always do it? Sadly yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That for every time I see a MLP picture on a forum, I have to go kill a few unicorns in Whimsyshire?

In truth, my weakness in games is that eventually, for however structured a game can be or however deliberately you're supposed to do stuff within a game, I end up (at some point) going nuts and doing crazy things that turn out either really fun to do (like slow-fall off Dalaran while mounted) or really disastrously (like being the only one to attack an EFC in WSG or Twin Peaks).

#FlightIsImportant

I get emotional and play worse when I'm angry.
    Hi Sephurik

I'm awful at platformers, but I love them. I get too excited when there's good music playing and I'm hyped to platform my heart out, and then I make tons of mistakes. Plus I think my reaction time is pretty awful to begin with.

In Zelda, if I shoot an arrow I feel like I constantly have to keep it at the max amount you can get.

I rarely ever play defensively. If I have the option to go full on offensive I'll do it, I'd rather be clobbering my opponent down than seeing myself build a wall and become impenetrable. For example, in the Heroes of Might and Magic games I usually take my full force with my hero, and just leave my base vulnerable. Same for Warcraft III, which is why I suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post

OPEN EVERY BOX AND AMMO CRATE. Already full ammo? BUT IT'S GREEN AND NOT OPENED! Already have a shit ton of cash? Backtrack for those 5 coins. Worth it? No. Do I always do it? Sadly yes.
    yay im not the only one!

I spent like hours ferrying stuff to my little stash of goods in games like stalker, morrowind, skyrim ect ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post

Guilty of this too.

In a combat sense, RPG and RTS mostly, I often end up being too defensive. In RPGs I normally go for a tanky melee characters and over-estimate how much damage I'll be able to do, usually results in me inflicting the same amount of damage as I take which is often not alot.

In FPS's I'm the opposite, I go for a support role when applicable but I'm always at the front and always go in first. Planetside would be a good example, I'd often find a dozen people waiting behind a door/round a corner so I'd charge through to get them to attack. I'd often die but we'd usually win the fight.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Apart from left handed movement, purple is my weakness.

I'm too friendly and passive. God damn Aztecs being so agressive...

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's a bug or weird terrain, I will mess with it until something gives, either me or I break the game.
    Maybe boobs I guess...
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-08-25 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Well my weakness is that I'm getting anxious over things like wow HC boss fights because I don't like screwing anything up and wiping the group.
    My guildmates can wipe us as much as they want, I must not wipe them though.

In FPS games, i always use the lower end of weapons. Just in case i need the ammo of the bigger weapons for a boss, which i dont use it then in case there's something after.