Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    That's the Commando chest and what I use on my engineer because it's hot! You would have gotten it as a personal story reward. Last I checked there is no other way to get that set in PvE (and you can only get 4 pieces of it: chest, legs, shoulders, & helm), so if you do decide to change your look don't ditch it!
    Oh! I totally could have sworn it dropped off something random somewhere after I finished my story (but it also was quite awhile ago). Thanks for letting me know

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonetti's Rapier and the Fractal sword

Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Good colour choices. For myself, while I do like the Invaders armor, it looks more like something a ranger would wear than a thief. Thinking of spending 1300 gems to get this getup...

I can't stand the female human chicken legs. I had to get my thief a pair of pants to get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't stand the female human chicken legs. I had to get my thief a pair of pants to get over it.
    Or roll the shortest possible Norn as I did :P (albeit they're still pretty huge)
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

An ancient one of my warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post

An ancient one of my warrior.
    to the windowwww to the wallll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    probably means failed in that he *she chose the wrong faction when you have to make that choice. It is around level 26 I believe. It should be pretty obvious as it tells you that you have to choose between the three factions
    She 8)
    But yea, this. I made my character before knowing of the whole whispers armor and all. But gladly my other character is around 18 so I won't make the mistake again D< Haha. So thanks! ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    to the windowwww to the wallll
    to the sweat drop drown my ballzz....wait, wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Nearly all of the human female body types are way too skinny. I gave my mesmer the second "fattest" body and you'd never know it looking at her.

I don't think Norn options are any better. Sure, they have more 'stocky' choices, but if you don't want huge boobs, well, you're out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Nearly all of the human female body types are way too skinny. I gave my mesmer the second "fattest" body and you'd never know it looking at her.

I don't think Norn options are any better. Sure, they have more 'stocky' choices, but if you don't want huge boobs, well, you're out of luck.
    Wait, so you wanted a fatter body but with smaller boobs o_O

That's the same as asking for a fat male with skinny arms.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Think I have finally settled on a look for my necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wait, so you wanted a fatter body but with smaller boobs o_O
    I generally prefer the pear shape on females. I think having hips and a smaller bust is sexy. Curves without being top heavy. GW2 really takes the hourglass figure to a ridiculous extreme too. The human female version looks like she's had some ribs removed. :P

Deleted
    My elementalist, basic and then with all the trimmings.

Shame I am crap with colours

bonus: My Mesmer

Naughty Panty close up shot of elementalist

And one more.

Okay I lied, two more due to discovering that this is possible

Last edited by mmocbee66edd6f; 2013-08-17 at 11:05 PM.

This is not me, but I had to share because this is one of the best looks I've seen:

You can see my necro in the background (in her MF gear) in the second one. It would also appear she dyed/changed her hair between screenshots. :P

Anyway, I love everything about this. I have seen so many horribly dyed Phoenix armors and these colors look fantastic both together and on the armor. I initially though the Zodiac weapon skins were kind of meh, but they look amazing with this ensemble. Everything works, I love it!

Deleted
    those are some fancy dye's manbanana

Deleted
    Just wondering, what do people think of characters having a racial look/armour? For example, a necro using the havroun or sheepskin set? Is it always preferable to have gear that is tied to your profession or can a cultural appearance look just as good with the right dyes etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You can not use cultural armor that isn't of your race. The only thing that comes somewhat close is the TA set which is clearly only designed for sylvari/human toons but can look very cool on other races if you use the proper dye to make the texture metallic instead of leafy

The only one that looks right on everything (aside from charr ofc) is heavy IMO
    I know you can't but I doubt many people are going to want to adopt, say, a charr look if they're a human. The question is, can wearing cultural armour (or cultural looking armour, i.e. the svanir set) ever look as good/suitable as wearing something that is more related to the character's profession (corrupted Orrian for necromancers)?

..Unless you mean TA offers the only decent cultural looking set, which is fair enough.

Ah I misunderstood your question.

I have similar armors that I consider "typical warrior/nec/mes" and which I personally don't like to see on other classes, most people don't seem fussed about it though.

It's all personal though, I dislike certain armours on certain profs (human light t3 is typical ele, while human medium t3 is typical thief and charr heavy t3 screams war TO ME) so I make sure to match them and seeing other profs run around with those sets makes my eye twitch .

It's a tough question, on my necro I simply love the arah set (it just is so necro oriented ) and the t3 cultural isn't necro-ish at all so I prefer using my arah set. If I don't have any idea about what cultural set goes well with a certain prof and there isn't a specific armour that screams class X, I'll grab cultural armour but I doubt many people care though. For my asura necro I only consider 3 armours suitable (1 is pvp only though) witch doctor, masquerade (pvp) and arah. Asura cult armour all seems like ele gear to me. You can mix and match certain parts that are suitable though (conquest garb, conjurer mantle,...). My Charr War has T3 since 1. it screams war and 2. non cultural armour usually looks bad on charr. My sylvari mesmer on the other hand has t3 for the opposite reasons. 1. I like the look of the armour, 2. I don't like the (in my eyes) typical mesmer sets and 3. it doesn't immediatly conjurs a specific class into my mind.

We're discussing taste and opinion so you won't really get a clearcut answer.

TLDR:

In my opinion you almost never can since certain sets simply are meant for certain classes. The majority of people out there don't seem to care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ah I misunderstood your question.

I have similar armors that I consider "typical warrior/nec/mes" and which I personally don't like to see on other classes, most people don't seem fussed about it though.

It's all personal though, I dislike certain armours on certain profs (human light t3 is typical ele, while human medium t3 is typical thief and charr heavy t3 screams war TO ME) so I make sure to match them and seeing other profs run around with those sets makes my eye twitch .

It's a tough question, on my necro I simply love the arah set (it just is so necro oriented ) and the t3 cultural isn't necro-ish at all so I prefer using my arah set. If I don't have any idea about what cultural set goes well with a certain prof and there isn't a specific armour that screams class X, I'll grab cultural armour but I doubt many people care though. For my asura necro I only consider 3 armours suitable (1 is pvp only though) witch doctor, masquerade (pvp) and arah. Asura cult armour all seems like ele gear to me. You can mix and match certain parts that are suitable though (conquest garb, conjurer mantle,...). My Charr War has T3 since 1. it screams war and 2. non cultural armour usually looks bad on charr. My sylvari mesmer on the other hand has t3 for the opposite reasons. 1. I like the look of the armour, 2. I don't like the (in my eyes) typical mesmer sets and 3. it doesn't immediatly conjurs a specific class into my mind.

We're discussing taste and opinion so you won't really get a clearcut answer.

TLDR:

In my opinion you almost never can since certain sets simply are meant for certain classes. The majority of people out there don't seem to care.
    Yeah, unfortunately, I think this is nearly always correct, to the detriment of overall customisation. When it isn't, it's whether you're more 'loyal' to the profession or race you picked and I assume for most people it's the former.

I'm struggling to choose between the Arah and Svanir sets atm. Arah shoulders look awkward on female characters (why feathered wings..!?) but I worry that if I get the Svanir set instead it won't feel enough like a necromancer, despite being happy with the dyes I'd probably use.