There are armor galleries such as this http://gw2armorgallery.com/index.html

don't know about a place where you can mix and match though

10+ Year Old Account
    The best place to preview armors is with the Wardrobe in your bank, you can mix and match all the pieces within any armor weight. It's a bit limited on dye previews atm, it only has 4 dye slots which you can preview in with Trading Post listings. Afaiaa, most of the armor gallery sites quit updating with the introduction of the Wardrobe since it's redundant at this point.
    Valar morghulis

The wiki has been getting updated recently with pics of all races in all different sorts of armors:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor

It's not perfect, though. I would do what Karizee mentioned. That way you can see exactly how your toon will look wearing particular armor(s). You can only see front and back view in the wiki pics, and I can tell you that some of them are worse in game than what they appear on the wiki. Case in point: Charr in Whispers light armor. Can't tell from the pic, but the hood makes a charr's head resemble a phallic object.

Deleted
    For inspiration you could also take a look on GW2style.com where everyone submitted their own combinations with characters, armor and dyes. I also posted a few of my characters up there.

Deleted
    My Warrior

My Guardian, and yes I like the black and gold combination ^^

Deleted
    I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 on Seafarer's Rest under the username Sage.3726. Out of my characters, my favorite one and main is Lyralei Ebonleaf, the Sylvari Elementalist. Lyralei is a childish bookworm, an explorer, and one of the most charismatic, kindhearted Magisters in the Durmand Priory. She is always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need, be them novices or veterans. Ever since her awakening from the Dream of Dreams she has come to be known because of her magical affinities as The Keeper of the Grove or The Moon Sage.

In her Keeper of the Grove form, Lyralei is perfectly attuned to the element of Earth. Through it, she becomes a resilient and tankish character with both Single Target and Area of Effect Condition Damage spells channeled through her twin daggers. When things get messy, she can always count on her sturdy and loyal elemental for protection. In addition, she uses Water spells for healing, Air spells for quick travel and escapes and Fire spells for Might field initiators.

In her Moon Sage form on the other hand, Lyralei is strongly connected to the element of Water. She does little damage but she is an excellent healer. As hinted by the blue glow of her staff, her abilities are most potent at night, when the moon stands proud atop the skies.
    Last edited by mmocd425932a3d; 2015-05-03 at 01:50 PM.

Well I'm glad you're having fun. ^.^
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

So I decided to take up a rather crazy challenge; conjure up something that look halfway decent on a charr light armor class. It is just as painful as I predicted it would be...burned through at least 20 transmute charges fiddling with various parts/combos (yes, I would view them in preview mode, but then I would start seeing shit clip as I move and spazz out).

Here is my ele as of last month. I like the whole fire/ice theme I had here, but it's a look I had for the better part of 2 years of the character's existence. I updated the shoulder once I got the Hellfire piece for 6k AP; otherwise I would just use all of the CoF pieces:

Here's what I came up with over the weekend. I bet I fumbled through at least 30 different dye colors before I finally came up with this one and felt somewhat happy. Couple of limits I self-imposed:

- Pants instead of a kilt/skirt/dress/whatever
    - Minimal or zero tail clipping (the flame legion chest is acceptable since it makes our tails catch fire...lol)
    - I wanted to use either of the "hood" helms; settled on devout because the winged one kinda makes our heads look like a phallic object, but not so much as that awful Order of Whispers lid

Results:

Devout hood + shoes
    Order of Whispers chest + gloves
    Acolyte shoulders (I think?)
    Embroidered pants

Swapped to chaos weapon skins, too. I like the trident (since it resembles an actual trident), but kinda like the corrupted weapons also (which I'll definitely use on my human necro for the whole tie-in with Grenth and all). Fused weapons would look really hot with this color combo (pun intended), but...anyone got about 10k they can send me?

The one nice thing about this new look is how I feel it has a lot more potential variety in terms of dye combos. Felt limited with the old flame legion set for whatever reason.

Edit: dye combo shown:

Red: Blood
    Orange: Amber
    Black: Abyss
    Yellow/gold metal bits: Illumination
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-05-06 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post

Here's what I came up with over the weekend. I bet I fumbled through at least 30 different dye colors before I finally came up with this one and felt somewhat happy. Couple of limits I self-imposed:

- Pants instead of a kilt/skirt/dress/whatever
    - Minimal or zero tail clipping (the flame legion chest is acceptable since it makes our tails catch fire...lol)
    - I wanted to use either of the "hood" helms; settled on devout because the winged one kinda makes our heads look like a phallic object, but not so much as that awful Order of Whispers lid

Results:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jWhJUiv.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xYSwG3X.jpg[img]

Devout hood + shoes
    Order of Whispers chest + gloves
    Acolyte shoulders (I think?)
    Embroidered pants

Swapped to chaos weapon skins, too. I like the trident (since it resembles an actual trident), but kinda like the corrupted weapons also (which I'll definitely use on my human necro for the whole tie-in with Grenth and all). Fused weapons would look really hot with this color combo (pun intended), but...anyone got about 10k they can send me?

The one nice thing about this new look is how I feel it has a lot more potential variety in terms of dye combos. Felt limited with the old flame legion set for whatever reason.

Edit: dye combo shown:

Red: Blood
    Orange: Amber
    Black: Abyss
    Yellow/gold metal bits: Illumination
    I really like this! The more simplistic armor looks very Charr appropriate while still looking 'clothie'.
    Nice work.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I really like this! The more simplistic armor looks very Charr appropriate while still looking 'clothie'.
    Nice work.
    Thanks! Some other tidbits on this combo:

I took a liking to the Whispers chest since it has a portion of cloth draping over it. It has 2 minor issues, though.

- Part of the leather portion on the back slightly clips a portion of the shoulders. Not visible in the screenshots posted, but it was a minor nuisance

- The only gloves that work well with this are the Whispers gloves (duh) and the Hellfire ones. The end of the sleeves from the chest cause a lot of clipping through other gloves. Very annoying.

The pants used also cause a lot of clipping with most shoes. The embroidered shoes appeared to only cover maybe half my feet, though. Devout ones seem to go better with them on Charr.

It's taking a damn long time to get to level 80, but here's the transmog I have so far:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    -Sniped-
    Wow! I didn't think you could make stuff like this ingame. He looks very samurai. Blade is... a tad thick...
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-05-08 at 01:16 AM.

oh god that helm. MY EYES
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Cropped the pic to save post space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    oh god that helm. MY EYES
    What about it you don't specifically like? The steel tint?

I like the look

I just realized it's been like a year since I posted my character pics, so here's an update

My Ele:

My Guardian:

My Ranger:

My Necro:

Think I finally got something I'm totally happy with on my ele after acquiring the carapace pieces:

Orange is amber, red is blood, black is abyss, gold is illumination. Seer's mask/blindfold, carapace chest/shoulder/gloves, embroidered pants, conjurer boots.

Also had a spare makeover kit in the bank, and I needed space, so I tooled around with my thief some:

The greyish blue is night shade, brown is cocoa, and red is enameled sacrifice.

I'm like the king of bad lighting in screenshots so I just took those from there. Plus it has all the dye layout and whatnot.

Finally uploaded a pic after years. My ranger a few levels ago. He looks different now though.

3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Deleted
    I-I... I can't stop making new cute Asura characters. Someone. Send help. Plz!

I might've gone a bit overboard with the tuning of this screenshot...

My good old necro. Ain't the best looking but I like it. Lacking the Aurora Gloves atm but tbh I like the basic ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mapping Brisban Wildlands on my mesmer, had to make a stop to my favorite Skill Point in Skrittsburg

Last edited by Karizee; 2015-05-15 at 05:23 PM.
    Valar morghulis