Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    can someone tell me how to make Hi-Res screenshots? I can't find this option in the menu anymore... There was such an option in the past, I'm sure.
    No idea what you're talking about o_O
    The screenshots are taken at your game resolution. So I just max out my settings (minus shadows and textures, keep that at native) and hit the screenie button.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    No idea what you're talking about o_O
    The screenshots are taken at your game resolution. So I just max out my settings (minus shadows and textures, keep that at native) and hit the screenie button.
    I assume he's referring to the original in game hotkey for Hi-Res screenshots, which never worked in beta and was removed, IIRC, in BWE2 or 3. But yes, any screenshots will be at your current game settings (yay for always running at max settings )

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

The game automatically saves to a worse quality than possible. If you use 3rd party software to take screenshots (fraps,...) this doesn't happen. There's also another program that makes it possible to adjust your ingame brightness/contrast colours etc but I can't recall the name of that.

For me the ingame screenshot utility and FRAPS produces identical screenshots. I've gone as far as comparing them zoomed 500%, super-imposing them, etc in Photoshop and then trying to do a blind test to see which one I "thought" was better quality but in the end I just can't tell the difference.

But I am aware for others the ingame screenshot produces some pretty terrible shit, like REALLY pixelated outlines and iffy textures despite them having their own settings on High/Ultra.

It seems to vary o_O
    Best just use Fraps.

how do you add screens period.. ive tried and only ended up ruining pictures without anyway of reversing it

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    how do you add screens period.. ive tried and only ended up ruining pictures without anyway of reversing it
    What do you mean "add screens"? You hit the PrintScreen button to use the ingame screenshot (and it will tell you in the chatbox exactly where it saved it) OR you can use something like FRAPS to take a screenshot, that one you have to set yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    can someone tell me how to make Hi-Res screenshots? I can't find this option in the menu anymore... There was such an option in the past, I'm sure.
    they were removed due to terrain ghosting in some of the screenshots. if someone can tell me a site i can upload 100-200mb screenshots i can show you the difference between them.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

You can take bitmap pictures instead of default jpeg. This id done with "-bmp" command line.
    -bmp
    Forces the game to create lossless screenshots as .BMP files. Use for creating high-quality screenshots at the expense of much larger files.
    Here are the instructions how to add bitmap command.
    1. Right click on your GW2.exe and click create shortcut.
    2. Right click on your GW2 shortcut and select 'Properties'.
    3. In the 'Target Area' field you will see the location of your Guild Wars executable file: "<...>\Gw2.exe"
    4. Write the desired command line arguments after the quote marks, each beginning with a space: "<...>\Gw2.exe" -bmp

For more info see gw2 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What do you mean "add screens"? You hit the PrintScreen button to use the ingame screenshot (and it will tell you in the chatbox exactly where it saved it) OR you can use something like FRAPS to take a screenshot, that one you have to set yourself.
    i mean to the forum you derp

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i mean to the forum you derp
    That's why you gotta be specific :P

First you upload your image to the web, i.e. go to www.imgur.com > upload from computer > find image > start upload > then it will give you a whole bunch of links on the right side, you want to select the "direct link (email & IM)" and copy it, then on the forums here you use the image tags like so:

Code:
    [img] [/img]
    And paste the direct link between those tags.

And viola, the image will be added. But do keep in mind that super-huge images are discouraged because they don't fit too well with the website's layout, so instead I recommend dropping down where it says "Original image" and clicking on "Large Thumbnail" instead.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-29 at 09:35 PM.

My ele in colours for July 4th. :3
    To the Sky

My warrior

"Dont gain the world and loose your soul
    wisdom is better than silver and gold"

Bob Marley

How the hell did you get so luucky with jade weps

Some pics i've found on the internet (not my characters :'c)

Why does your human male look like Micheal jackson?

There's a theme here, and all I can say is that pedo-bear approves.

lol i like the wonder woman char shame she has EA next to her name :/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why does your human male look like Micheal jackson?
    "Some pics i've found on the internet" :v

Plus you can't target yourself if im not mistaken.
    Another from internetz "REVERSE COW"
    Last edited by barackopala; 2013-07-05 at 05:47 AM.

So that's what happens when cows decide to jump through extra dimensions. Devious buggers.