How is Guild Wars 2 doing?

So I first bought and played the game back when it was released, played to max level for a while, and then stopped for one reason or another. I always really did enjoy the game, I just never had the chance / thought about giving it another shot after such a long break.

I suppose I'm asking how far along the game as come since it's initial launch (~4 months there afterwards), and am I right in thinking I should give it another go? May be a silly question, but I always enjoy hearing other player's feedback before coming to my own decision. Thanks in advance!

They've added so much content and features and QoL upgrades since launch, it would probably play like a completely different game to you. It's one of the busiest MMOs on the market, jump in and see for yourself

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

I'm actually getting pretty excited, the new features seem really sweet... I'm at the "My game is downloading, it's neary 2/3 the way done, and I have extreme anxiety" point

Bogotter put together a fairly entertaining series for returning players. It's not complete by any means but will give you some idea of the changes so you're not totally lost. Something to do while you download haha.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...gHoPI2w8_76_1w
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

It's going along quite well. I usually log in time-to-time when I'm bored (or it's a wow maintenance day), and the living story is pretty fun to me. The new Dragon's reach part 1 and 2 are really cool, and now you can even go back and play from the beginning of season 2 living story instead of being forced to play current content when it's current!
    Quote Originally Posted by fichdxbb View Post
    lifethreatening transmittable major tomato diseases
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    tribe will get feet pterosaurs
    Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Death Knight(2008), Monk(2012), Shaman(2007), Paladin(2007), Warrior(2007)

If you enjoy the current episode of the new Living Story, you can purchase the previous ones from this season in the Gem Store. I'd recommend them, they've all been pretty entertaining. Going forward, make sure you login each time a new one comes out, so you can access it for free at your leisure in future.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    If you enjoy the current episode of the new Living Story, you can purchase the previous ones from this season in the Gem Store. I'd recommend them, they've all been pretty entertaining. Going forward, make sure you login each time a new one comes out, so you can access it for free at your leisure in future.
    I haven't even done my living stories yet, but definitely log in each time a new one comes out.

So long as you are opted in for emails, they send an email every time a new one comes out so you know when to log in. :P
    WoW & WoD General Discussions and Guild Wars 2 Moderator
    ---------------------------

the changes look kinda interesting, i left about the same time as OP but im abit into PVP mostly in WvW.
    hows PVP ? hows WvW? last time i checked it was almost dead but idk
    i haven't played since 2-3 months after release. (hit max pvp abit n lost interest)

Quote Originally Posted by Zlashies View Post
    the changes look kinda interesting, i left about the same time as OP but im abit into PVP mostly in WvW.
    hows PVP ? hows WvW? last time i checked it was almost dead but idk
    i haven't played since 2-3 months after release. (hit max pvp abit n lost interest)
    Be sure and check out the blogs this week, stuff about WvW changes there.