Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Game Update Notes - June 23rd, 2015

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...s-June-23-2015

    Running around the new LA right now. It is a spectacular rebuild. Very well done ANet.

  2. #2
    Um so much for giving players a 3 week notice on the personal story fixes Anet

    sheesh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Attribute points on equipment have been increased by approximately 30%.
    NO

    WHYYYYYYYYY

    I was hoping they wouldn't of done this

    - - - Updated - - -

    There is literally no difference between burning and bleeding now besides damage

    lazy
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um so much for giving players a 3 week notice on the personal story fixes Anet

    sheesh

    - - - Updated - - -



    NO

    WHYYYYYYYYY

    I was hoping they wouldn't of done this
    They did; their notice that it was coming was their "3 week" (+) notice.

    And the attribute changes to gear is due to the removal of attributes from specs. Of course, they could have changed formulae to account for the loss of stats, but they went a different (and much easier) route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  4. #4
    They did; their notice that it was coming was their "3 week" (+) notice.
    yea 2 months ago....

    And the attribute changes to gear is due to the removal of attributes from specs. Of course, they could have changed formulae to account for the loss of stats, but they went a different (and much easier) route.
    I'm aware of that, it wasn't needed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yea 2 months ago....



    I'm aware of that, it wasn't needed.
    There are 2 choices for them: either add the stats to the gear (or somewhere else), or rescale every calculation in the game. Adding the stats to the gear is infinitely easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  6. #6
    They didn't need to re scale anything. The game already operated without any trait investments before which gave the bonuses in the first place. Stats in this game are inflated
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  7. #7
    As a player who just came back to the game after a very long hiatus, and was just getting re-acquainted with how thing work, I gotta say the new trait / spec setups are... well, weird.

    And I already notice that the changes and added abilities seem to have made the game quite a bit easier, at least while leveling.
    "Look around you. We're all liars here, and every one of us is better than you" - PB

  8. #8
    Here's a video of the new LA if you can't log in right now or are at work...


  9. #9
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They didn't need to re scale anything. The game already operated without any trait investments before which gave the bonuses in the first place. Stats in this game are inflated
    Inflated in comparison to what, exactly? It's not like they're going anywhere, or like we're dealing with power-creep like other MMOs with constant vertical progression being added.


    As for the LA update: it's pretty awesome. I'm currently enjoying hunting down karka hatchlings (gotta get rid of that dragonite ore clogging up my inventory).

  10. #10
    The changes to hero panel UI are atrocious. Screen is cluttered with the same information 3 times.

  11. #11
    Inflated in comparison to what
    Comparison to zero trait investment to full trait investment. The old trait system gave you 800 stats for whatever reason when you were fully traited compared to nothing when you have nothing traited.

    Keeping it and putting it into gear served no purpose but the inflated stats in the game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  12. #12
    Yes zito, we know, you did Lvl50 fractals naked and with 0 agony because you're amazing at this game. Think of all the low-life peasants who are not as superb as you.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Yes zito, we know, you did Lvl50 fractals naked and with 0 agony because you're amazing at this game. Think of all the low-life peasants who are not as superb as you.
    That has no relation to my point, the stats from traits are not needed period. The game already operated without them. Keeping them there and putting them on gear instead just inflates gear even more then they already did a few months ago.

    FYI it was level 39 fractals
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk Kazgrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sanctuary, Tyria, Eorzea
    Posts
    1,875
    I'm not seeing stat inflation so much as a shift in stat allocation. Logged on my ele (full ascended zerker gear) and noticed my crit chance had dropped by about 4%, but I gained around 200-300 power.

    Not related, but also noticing that crit chance when downleveled has been significantly nerfed. Had the daily in Snowden Drifts for events, and instead of the 80ish % crit I would have in times past, I was only at 37%. Despite that nerf, though, with the condi cap removal for bleed/burn/poison, champ mobs seem to explode even faster than before. I almost wonder how Teq or any other major boss will be now (hilarious, I bet).

    Only put in about a hour or so into the game since the patch, most of which had me redoing builds on all my toons.

  15. #15
    downscaling in general has been nerfed
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Comparison to zero trait investment to full trait investment. The old trait system gave you 800 stats for whatever reason when you were fully traited compared to nothing when you have nothing traited.

    Keeping it and putting it into gear served no purpose but the inflated stats in the game.
    It's hard to call it "inflated" when it's how it always was. :O

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's hard to call it "inflated" when it's how it always was. :O
    Yes. Both existed. Zero trait investment and full trait investment. Play both at the time and see the difference. It was unnecessary.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yes. Both existed. Zero trait investment and full trait investment. Play both at the time and see the difference. It was unnecessary.
    Pretty much all stats are "unnecessary" in this game, though. Making a case for this allocation or that allocation being "unnecessary" or "inflated" is really just arguing that stats shouldn't exist at all. (Which isn't unreasonable considering the design of the combat in the game, but it seems silly to single out a particular stat source as being more unnecessary than others.)

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much all stats are "unnecessary" in this game, though. Making a case for this allocation or that allocation being "unnecessary" or "inflated" is really just arguing that stats shouldn't exist at all. (Which isn't unreasonable considering the design of the combat in the game, but it seems silly to single out a particular stat source as being more unnecessary than others.)
    Where was i singling out another Stat source? This specific change was made so I'm going to talk about that over others because well its the most recent.

    Adding more stats to gear was unnecessary in the long run.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Where was i singling out another Stat source?
    Well, you're singling out the additional stats on gear. My point is that the same argument for those being "unnecessary" applies to pretty much ALL stats in the game.

    At the end of the day, especially in a game like GW2, the stats really only exist at the whim of the developers. The same is true in other games like WoW, but it's doubly so in GW2.

    If anything, the change was simply made so that people didn't complain about being "nerfed" due to the stats being removed from trait lines. Not to mention that it makes a lot more sense this way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •