The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gloves are very cool, but the helmet gives me flashback nightmares of something that was on the table before they went with the almost as bad banana helm from Paladin T1 in wow. And to be fair, we can't see any fancy beards or hair with helmets on. I'm very anti-helmet in general. Let his locks flow! I'm very boring and have a gem store set, so I can't really critique too much on things people put together, but I will crusade to free the faces.
    BAD WOLF

I've always kind of stayed away from male sylvari because most of the heads have this vacant doelike smile that I just can't take seriously. That is, until this guy. He doesn't afraid of anything! Unfortunately in order to be Mr. Serious Sylvari, you will have to go to the gemstore. This is a character I can get behind though. Maybe he'll even make level 80 in the next 5 years.

While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks really nice, Rukh!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    capes will never be in, blame the Charr for that
    The Arah medium armor is really neat on Charr, it would be nice if they would design FOR races rather than just designing for humans and modifying for others.

Like with Asura ears or Charr horns, some helmets show, some don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I've always kind of stayed away from male sylvari because most of the heads have this vacant doelike smile that I just can't take seriously. That is, until this guy. He doesn't afraid of anything!
    It's my more serious twin!

I always feel like those goggles look just a tad oversized for anybody. It kind of works for an asura though. Looks like they were stolen from a bookah.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I had been using the Eagle-Eye Goggles, but I always wanted some real goggles for her. So unless they come up with some slightly smaller/better styled ones that don't mess up her hair/ears, these will do.

My Necro...

Warrior...

and Ele

Deleted
    After testing out SweetFX, this is the result. The quality of the picture is still a bit more potato than it actually is in-game... And my Elementalist has since changed her gear, yet again~

Also took a snapshot with my Ranger and a Charr with the new Super Saiyan hairstyle. I think it actually looks pretty magnificent and majestic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    After testing out SweetFX, this is the result. The quality of the picture is still a bit more potato than it actually is in-game... And my Elementalist has since changed her gear, yet again~

Also took a snapshot with my Ranger and a Charr with the new Super Saiyan hairstyle. I think it actually looks pretty magnificent and majestic.
    Make sure you upload the actual sweetfx-generated screenshots if you want others to see what you see, sweetfx usually dumps them in the same location as it's files (so your GW2 directory) in .bmp or .png format.

If you're using GW2's ingame screenshot or FRAPS I don't think the sweetfx enhancements are captured.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Make sure you upload the actual sweetfx-generated screenshots if you want others to see what you see, sweetfx usually dumps them in the same location as it's files (so your GW2 directory) in .bmp or .png format.

If you're using GW2's ingame screenshot or FRAPS I don't think the sweetfx enhancements are captured.
    I am using the right ones, I've made sure of that. I know the screenshots are now saved in two seperate places; The low quality ones go to the Guild Wars 2 -> Screens in the Documents folder and the higher quality .bmp ones go to the actual game files in Program Files. The quality still suffers a little bit when I take the screenshot and upload it somewhere. And I'm not using FRAPS.

E: And I'm personally running graphics around medium at the moment, so of course I know that the quality of my screenshots won't be anywhere near Silverbleed's screenshots (or anyone else's who is able to run the game with higher graphics). I'm still amazed how much better SweetFX makes the game look, even on slightly lower graphics.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2014-07-28 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My elementalist (I know it's a lot of shots, but I loved them all and couldn't choose):

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You like like a plantmermaid. Very cool.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    E: And I'm personally running graphics around medium at the moment, so of course I know that the quality of my screenshots won't be anywhere near Silverbleed's screenshots (or anyone else's who is able to run the game with higher graphics). I'm still amazed how much better SweetFX makes the game look, even on slightly lower graphics.
    I turned my graphics to "best performance" for tequatl and remarked to my friend how horrible it looked, and she told me she always uses those settings!
    "How can you LIVE like this!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Fraps does capture Sweet Fx, in both film and screenshots.
    Guildwars itself does not.

I use Fraps because it allows me to save in .jpeg which is a much smaller image size than .bmp
    Since I upload my pictures, and often in a smaller size, I don't care that much for that little bit of pixel quality loss. Not to mention, you already loose quality when uploading.

@Aveline: Two places? My boyfriend has that too, pretty weird. I don't have that. Maybe are you using the same button for your Guildwars screenshots? You could turn it off or make it something else.
    Yeah, I enjoy Sweet FX mostly because you can now decide how you want the game to look. I gave my boyfriend a grey-ish and dark combination, while I play with a lot of color.

@Rivelle: Stunning! The 5th picture is my favorite, real awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thief in 2012 when she was only like level 13 or so.

I think this is when she was like level 79 or so.

My thief now. =] (Kept the same face, just made the eyes that light blue that comes with the makeover kit~)

I like that, to me at least, it feels like with this last makeover that she's actually aged or seems more experienced just by looking at her. Makes me very happy in the immersion/characterconnection department. <3

Deleted
    Thought I'll finally add something to this topic here, with me constantly following it.

My newly capped Mesmer is in the spotlight.

Never posted an image before *hides*
    Last edited by mmoce4483adfc8; 2014-07-29 at 11:13 PM.