10+ Year Old Account

PTS 1.10 In-Progress Patch Notes

Here we go, first preliminary set of patch notes for 1.10, here's set #1

1.10 In-Progress Set #1

CROSS-FACTION GAMEPLAY CHANGES - "FACTION AS FICTION"

* Much has changed for Telara since the Ascended first appeared. Ideological differences still exist, but the greater threat to all has required Guardian and Defiant strength combined to defend their land from the dragons. Old disputes have been put aside at times in order to join forces in a much larger, much more necessary fight.
    * Guardian and Defiant characters who choose to take on the Planes together may now do so with the below changes to cross-faction game mechanics on PvE shards in 1.10!
    * PvP ruleset shards will also gain the cross-faction group changes for dungeons via LFG.

* Guilds can now contain both Guardian and Defiant members.
    * Guilds can now accept Guardian OR Defiant guild quests.
    * Player-formed and Public Groups may now consist of characters from either faction who are not PvP-flagged.
    * Dungeons now support cross-faction groups, and the LFG system now forms groups of mixed faction.
    * Instant Adventures now support cross-faction groups and raids.
    * If you are part of a cross-faction group queuing for Warfronts, you will be queued as the group leader's faction. On joining the Warfront, it will automatically mercenary anyone in the group who is not naturally of the leader's faction.
    * Characters can now trade with members of the other faction.
    * Mail (and attachments) can now be sent to other-faction characters.
    * PvP-flagged characters will not be able to group cross-faction while flagged; they can still group with members of their own faction any time.
    * Defiants and Guardians can now marry!
    * Public chat channels are now shared between both factions with the exception of the World Defense channel.
    * Players from a PvE shard joining cross-shard chat hosted on a PvP shard will still join faction-specific channels.
    * Cross-shard tells should now always be allowed between any two characters.
    * The Friends list also allows friends of either faction as long as your character is not on a PvP shard.

GENERAL

* There are now icon-type overhead markers for use in raids! The new marks are accessed through the Mark Target list on portrait right-click menus.
    * Mousing over a Rune now highlights the equipment that the Rune can be applied to.
    * Quests that flag you for PvP when picking up items will no longer re-flag you on login.
    * Characters will no longer be put in combat by receiving the buffs granted from fully upgraded Wardstones - Asha's Inspiration, Vigil's Chosen, or Primal Empowerment.
    * If you set your Mentoring level prior to joining the LFG queue, the LFG tooltip now displays that level in parenthesis after your character's name.
    * Leaderboards and Achievements that track the crafting of items now increment based on the number of actual items created during crafting, and not the number of times you complete recipes.
    * Tweaked character movement to make stepping over small obstacles easier, and to reduce the 'hops' that sometimes appear when moving between surfaces.

NEW ASCENDED POWER - RESURRECTING HAS CHANGED!

* Added 'Ascended Resurrection', an out-of-combat resurrection ability available to all Callings at level 1.

CONQUEST

* Dueling is now disabled in Conquest.
    * Ready Checks are disabled for auto-formed Conquest groups. If you join Conquest as a group or form your own while inside Conquest, you will still have access to Ready Checks!
    * The ability to kick players from group in the auto-formed Conquest groups has been disabled.
    * Fixed a chat bug where sometimes players could not see each other's chat in Conquest chat.

ZONES

EMBER ISLE

* Concerning Farclan: Quest objective progress should no longer spuriously reset mid-quest.

IRON PINE PEAK

* An Unbearable Burden: The Redsnow Courier and Bodyguards should be easier to track down and will respawn more quickly.

MERIDIAN

* Made several quality-of-life changes to some of Meridian's main attractions!
    * You no longer have to stand so close to the Forge, Loom, Laboratory, or Workbench to craft in the Manufactory.
    * Gathering profession trainers have relocated to the Manufactory. The Fishing and Survival trainers remain in Epoch Plaza.
    * Recipe vendors have moved closer to their respective profession trainers.
    * The Dungeon and Raid equipment vendors have relocated to the merchant tables in Epoch Plaza.
    * The World Event merchant has relocated to the merchant tables in Epoch Plaza.
    * The Soul Recall point in Meridian is now closer to the Porticulum.

SANCTUM

* Retuned the target NPCs for the level 19-20 guild quest 'Lowering Their Defenses'.

SCARWOOD REACH

* Added two additional Guardian respawn points, and two additional Defiant respawn points, to the southern end of the zone.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Death and Air Rift consumables now deal lower damage in PvP (reduced from "a lot" of damage to "normal" damage).

CRAFTING

* Ironhide now has an increased chance to be skinned from level 52 mobs.
    * Feasts are more visible in low-light conditions.
    * Fishing related Artifacts are now searchable in your Artifacts tab.
    * Ability: Track Fish: No longer dismounts you on use.
    * Recipe: Timed Trophy Lure: No longer Bind-to-Account.
    * Both the Rare Fish Lure and the Rare Artifact Attractor now function in all dungeons that have fishable water.

ITEMS

* Changed the cooldown on the following Summerfest items to 15 minutes: Tysumi's Treatise on Self Tanning, Ama Ree's Bejeweled Collar, Alo’s Amazing Honeycomb, Tareeah’s Tropical Sunscreen, Summer Swarm, Summer Scarab Carapace, Halifax’s Ginormous Herbal Supplement, Jar of Fireflies.
    * The effects from the following items now cancel when logging out or entering Warfronts: Foliage Disguise, Form of the Antiquarian, and Large Crate.

UI/SETTINGS

* Collection-type quests, such as Fishing quests, now display the objectives (and thus the consumed items) in the turn-in window.
    * Planar Attunement abilities that cost Planar Charge now display that cost in the PA window's ability tooltips.
    * The Macro name field now accepts longer names - up to 50 characters long, even!
    * Added a 'Train All' button to the calling trainer UI.
    * Fixed the positioning of the rested experience marker on the experience bar - the displayed marker was being shown at the position of 2x the actual rest experience amount.
    * Fixed a bug where the 'In Progress' achievements in the window would not update as you completed them.

PTS ONLY

* The PTS client now uses a separate addon directory.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...8-24-12-a.html

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dang there are some good updates coming!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    It's got a "get ready for xpac" feel to it other then the merging of the factions. I doubt the patch notes are far from complete I don't see any mention of the new IA's added in for the level 30+ range.

* The Soul Recall point in Meridian is now closer to the Porticulum

noo i like the spawn point^^

but i bet the patchnotes will get longer over time still some stuff missing

So wtf went to Meridian and still get attacked by Guards. When are these changes taking affect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So wtf went to Meridian and still get attacked by Guards. When are these changes taking affect?
    This patch isn't live, yet. >_>

And as I understand it, the cities will still be havens for only those sides, as the top officials still don't like each other.
    "A flower.

Seems they didn't add that into the notes. But in the earlier thread on here dealing with the "Faction as Fiction" said that Meridian will still be off limits to guardians, and Sanctum will still be off limits to the defiants.

last I heard sanctum and meridian are still hostile to the other faction. on non-pvp shards while in open world zones both factions can unite together in a common raid group

The ascended have chosen to work together. The two political factions of Defiant and Guardians have not. The cities are still off-limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    The ascended have chosen to work together. The two political factions of Defiant and Guardians have not. The cities are still off-limits.
    Well that is silly. Guess it is like the silly concept of Dalaran, but still having Stormwind and Org in WoW. I wanted to goto Meridian with my Guardian

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is silly. Guess it is like the silly concept of Dalaran, but still having Stormwind and Org in WoW. I wanted to goto Meridian with my Guardian
    I don't know if it's really silly per se, I think it makes sense, if anything.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I think it makes a lot of sence in the real world too.

It is religion and politics that made common people slaughtering eachother for centruries, i am from greece, we have fought against people from other nations and religions for milenias, and when you actually get to talk with the people you realize that you have more things in common than those that seperate you.

Till the next stupid politician or spiritual leader decides to light up the spark again

I'm pretty sure all faction NPCs are still your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    I think it makes a lot of sence in the real world too.

It is religion and politics that made common people slaughtering eachother for centruries, i am from greece, we have fought against people from other nations and religions for milenias, and when you actually get to talk with the people you realize that you have more things in common than those that seperate you.

Till the next stupid politician or spiritual leader decides to light up the spark again
    the reason for the common faction is not because of ideology or world (telaran) peace. its because populations are lower (probably due to the mass release of MMOs the past year and upcoming year) and a common faction makes forming groups easier. whereas when populations are rampant, you split the playerbase and have an interesting pvp battle, and not bumping into people in the zones. though there is merit to not having to focus on and balance pvp issues in a pve centric game.

but please don't bash people's beliefs or think you have all the solutions to the world's problems, or that they are all ideological, because no man has those solutions or understands the cause for those problems, wars in particular. please respect that other people are religious and that's fine (even a good thing, though you personally may not like it) lack of faith is not the "best" way regardless of what someone lacking it might insist.

and finally, its ironic to bash ideology and personal beliefs with your own belief of what you think is best, and even more awkward to bring it to this thread.

on topic: some nice quality of life tweaks here like character movement improvements and raid icon symbols. would be nice to see another real patch before the expansion release xD

if the faction unity is permanent, I think sanctum and meridian will be made friendly, but that would probably take more time to change all the npcs, will be interesting to see how they follow up, if they remove those faction differences such as faithful vs technology, or if the defiants will be integrated into the guardians and the man vs machine war (ie. the defiant technology is assumed by crucia and her minions) that would be the only reasonable motive I could see to remove the defiant technology threat, and give crucia the theme of the machine threat.
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2012-08-27 at 04:55 PM.

One thing that felt odd was playing the game it did not feel as dead as say after TOR launched. I thought with GW2 releasing Rift would get hit hard, but groups and raids were still going on no problem. Now that GW2 is released I hope we get more access to 1.10

One thing that felt odd was playing the game it did not feel as dead as say after TOR launched. I thought with GW2 releasing Rift would get hit hard, but groups and raids were still going on no problem. Now that GW2 is released I hope we get more access to 1.10
    Well to be fair, GW2 goes after a much different audience than Rift. Rift focuses more on the core raider audience that loves progression. There's just not much of that in GW2. So while there will be a ton of people who try GW2 from Rift, I don't really see it eating much of Trions playerbase. Trion have done a great job securing fan loyalty at this point and providing a service that other games have been yet to provide (rapid, high quality content and feature updates).