Deleted

MoP Warlock or ShadowPriest for 2v2 with healer?

My wife is going to play a resto druid for sure.. and I'm going to choose between lock & shadowpriest. Any tought which would be better to play? I'm not really into it right now, but read that lock is pretty sh-itty atm on beta. Any toughts, suggestions? There's a lot of threads wehn it comes to lock and SP, but 2v2 is important to me, because we'll playing mainly that bracket.

lock. for that new move symbolizes

Deleted
    I love the warlock, but I also know the pain of 45min long games in Cata... and I expect that is going to be even worse in MoP if I have almost no dmg.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely priest due to the better defenses and burst damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot is changing, but historically - lock/healer has always been at worst "a good 2's comp", and at best, "the best 2's comp". Shadow/Healer has been at best "a good 2's comp".

The primary reason for this is that locks are less prone to pressure than spriests who were less mobile and more reliant on casted spells (knockbacks, interrupts) - however, this primary reason may change because spriests are gaining a good sized chunk of mobility and a bit less dependence on casted spells if they take FDCL/DI for talents. Locks will still have more mobility than spriests though (particularly against melee, where spriests new phantasm and spectral guise will mean nothing vs melee), and still have less reliance on casted spells of a single school.

When shadow has been good in 2's in the past, it has always been as double dps. Shadow/Frost Mage, Shadow/Rogue, Shadow/Unholy DK, Shadow's ability to drop form and heal has always been their great strength in a 2's - in the seasons where it isn't present (all of cataclysm, early TBC, early WotLK) - then Shadow doesn't really do well in 2's, but when it does work - then they fulfill the role of healer to some degree. So running Shadow/Healer when Shadow is capable of healing is kind of like running double healer, while running Shadow/Healer when Shadow isn't capable of healing is just a weaker version of Lock/Healer.

Based on the above reasoning, 3 expansions with shadow arenas, 2 expansions with lock arenas - I'd definitely say lock/healer. While a lot is changing for shadow and locks, both are looking quite strong in MoP - but Shadow I suspect still won't shine in Shadow/Healer comps, where locks still definitely will.

With all that said, while you might be pretty intent on only playing 2's to decrease stress or pressure or w/e with your wife - Shadow/Lock/Rdruid is probably going to be an excellent threes comp that you shouldn't miss playing. As are Lock/Rdruid/X comps in general - who have tons of synergy - and even Shadow/Rdruid/X comps that have good synergy there as well.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter