Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Darren turned from Velexis, his deep blue eyes blinking in surprise. A tauren; by Lordaeron, they are massive. And . . . What do we have here? A worgen? "Payment . . . Hopefully." Darren added, as an afterthought. He eyed the Worgen suspiciously. Though they were part of the Alliance, this one was not. Not officially, anyway. By the looks of him, he was part of the Cenarion Circle, as was the tauren. They seemed like close friends, willing to back each other up and fight for each other's lives. "I had a friend like that once upon a time," Darren muttered, not sure if they could hear him, not sure if they would understand what he was meaning. "That would watch my back, as I would his. That was willing to sacrifice his life for mine, as I would have for him." The young mage paused, looking up at the Frostwyrm. "Then the damned Horde came along, and that little farce was ended." As he spoke, his hatred for the Horde was reigniting again, but he forced himself to suppress it. Mercenary or not; I have to learn to control it.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    (never done any rp, gonna give it a try )

"Oh my head, muttered the young hunter as he staggered to his feet, "now I know why dwarfs can't be out drinked" Riley stumbles and falls again but instead of feeling the damp cobblestones he feels nothing but warm fur. Moon?, thank you, the mature and very large blackrock worg let out a low growl. Well girl it's time we make our charge to the wilds again. It's been a while since any of the Gethsmanes shown their faces in public considering that most of the Gethsmanes are recluses or dead, but dead is what they want you think they are! Not many people know them, there are stories and legends, but what is know is very little know. As Riley heads for the front gate, a voice calls out "Wait!! yelled a city guard you seem to be a able body - I don't give a damn leave me be!, but the Scourge - Scourge? like a bad break in a levee all the memories seem to hit Riles like a wave....the blood shed, the pact broken. Where are they? Report to the call board. After reading the board Riley rushes off to a flight master. So you heading to Plaguelands? well looks like they getting a lot of help I just sent a mage heading that way. As Riley Gethsmane got close to the Camp, a grimace washed over his face after seeing a Frostwyrm and in a instance he leaped from the gryphon before it could land and let out a whistle that was shortly followed by a howl as the hunter steadied his bow he was stopped by a vines that seem to burst right out of the ground "calm your head human" where not the enemy, said the tauren as the command the vines to tighten around the human's frame, then in a instance the fight seem to lose Riley then he comes to and notices that a paladin has charge over it not some scourge knight. Moon halt, the raging worg stops instantly before the tauren and sits as if nothing had happen. The mage, paladin and worgen didn't notice the little scene the happened a moment ago. Now that you are calm I suggest you make peace and see the Tirion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Jorn noticed the anger and hatred reach the young mage's eyes along with the venom in his voice as he mentioned the horde. "Aye, both the Horde and Alliance have committed many heinous crimes against all of creation in their hate and war. I too, in fact, have lost one close to me in battle, one whom I once called brother. My most sincere condolences for your loss, young one." Jorn managed to held his calm and comforting tone and appearance, seeking to aid the young human in his rage and sorrow. Internally though, he was thinking back to his brother in all but blood, Kal, whose death in fact was his own fault.

Christopher knew of the story, and while was unsure why his friend was sharing so much with a stranger, realized soon after that he was trying to aid the mage. He idolizes that Archdruid of his too much. Always must he be the teacher, the elder, the comforter, even when it hurt him to remember his past. Though, I owe my life to him, and his past... Christopher began reminiscing the past for a little, before realizing what he was doing and snapping out of it. BAH! This overgrown cow has me doing it too. We stand at the front lines of war, it is no time for sorrowful memories! "My friends, life is a sad event in and of it self, but we have to push forward and make our own happiness. Right now is not the time for sorrow, not with the armies of the Scourge before us. Now is the time for valor, for ferocity, for aggression, and for battle. We may revisit these sorrowful thoughts after the war is won, if our victory allows for such sorrow. I know I for one will quite happy after beating the Scourge back once again."

Jorn chuckled, then remarked, "Then again, most acts of violence make you happy, even chasing after your own tail while trying to bite it."
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the Argent captains had been taking notice to the recent influx of adventurers and heroes. He leaned from his horse and whispered into an messenger's ear. The messenger was a crusader on foot and he nodded to the captian. Making his way towards the Andorhal town hall the captain gets off his horse and approaches the new arrivals.

"Hail friends and welcome to Lordaeron." says the captain as he stands before the party. "I can safetly say we weren't expecting so many. Glad to have you." Aldean was the first to speak, "Will Tirion be here soon? I assume he'd like to meet with us." The captain faced the warrior, "Of course, but he's busy planning the defense of Andorhal at the current moment." Aldean's right eyebrow raises, "Defense of Andorhal? I assumed the Argent Crusade would have been preparing a counter attack. Is the war going so bad?" The captain nodded, "Unfortunatly so, things just aren't going the way we had hoped." One of the Grey soldiers spoke, "How's that? Is Heartglen destroyed?"

Before the Argent captain could answer, screams of horses could be heard coming from the nearby trees. Nearby crusaders begin to scream, "To arms!" The captain unsheathes his sword and faces the forests behind them, "I trust you all can fight, if not this is going to be a very short battle." Death knights plungle from the trees and clash into the crusader lines. "Prepare yourselves!"

((Glad to see you all here, and Chonar, thanks for the awesome read so far, I thoroughly enjoyed the details. A warm welcome to you Dellis.))
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-08-27 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( while I'm still rather new myself, welcome! I want to make a few suggestions though, as to your post. It's hard to read and understand, mainly because it's not easy to know what is speach, what is thought, and what is story-telling. One thing I've seen mentioned is making sure to put your speech in quotes and thoughts in italics. The other issue I have with your post is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    he was stopped by a vines that seem to burst right out of the ground "calm your head human" where not the enemy, said the tauren as the command the vines to tighten around the human's frame, then in a instance the fight seem to lose Riley then he comes to and notices that a paladin has charge over it not some scourge knight.
    I don't know if thus part is something that he sees due to his drunken stupor, or if it is an event you are actually saying happens. In either case, it is again an understanding issue with the structure of your post. I would like to suggest you read some earlier posts and threads for a better idea of structuring your post. If the quote in question is something you are saying actually happens, there is another issue. It is fine for you to control your own character as you wish, as long as you don't go all god-mode. But it is improper to take control of other people's characters. There are several guideline and "how to:"stickied threads/posts at the top of the to forum, it would probably be a good think to make sure you check those out before posting.

Hope I'm not stepping too far here, or on anyone's toes. And I truly do not intend to discourage any future posts, just point out some things that would aid your rp'ing. I'm in fact interested by this character of yours.

Oh, and sorry Darced for putting this in the middle of your rp, I don't know how else I could quote and rely. ))

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 06:01 PM ----------

Christopher's head turned to the trees before the sounds of horses were heard by the others. as soon as he saw the first Death Knight, he was already spinting to the lines, roaring to those now behind him "Finally, time to FIGHT!" As Chris neared the front lines of the Crusaders, he quickly shifted into the form of a large cat, then nimbly jumped clear over the paladins and the first of the Death Knights. Facing the second wave already pouring out of the forests, Chris began leaping from foe to foe, riping, clawing, mangling, raking, and biting all those whom made the mistake of getting to close to the druids claws and teeth. leaving a variety of torn limbs, shreaded corpses, and blood soaked grass, Chris continued on as more Scourge streamed out of the forest.

Jorn also reacted fast, even if not as quickly as his druid companion. Seeing the Scourge using the forest to cover their attack, Jorn smiled. Stupid mistake. Jorn closed his eyes, and meditated, contacting the spirits of nature, excreting energy and thought to the same forests the Scourge were swarming though. Soon, the sound of ripping bark and the echoing booms of heavy tree limbs hitting the ground was heard. Roots came up to slow the Scourge charge, enabling the other defenders easier time in cutting them down. Several of the older trees even sprung forth, powerful enough in spirit to become treants, and began to fight the Scourge themselves. Jorn allowed nature to take it's own revenge on the invading Scourge, as he made his way to the front lines to keep an eye on his young over-eager friend and heal him and the crusaders who needed it.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-08-27 at 10:02 PM.
    My RP Characters:

Darren was swift to follow the others, not unsheathing his sword, but clenching his fists. Time to make a mess, he said, still seething with rage for his family's death, and preparing to put it to use against the Scourge. The tauren druid's words were meant to be comforting, but they only fueled his unusual rage, which now seemed to take over his actions. The undead will burn . . . And I will be their method of death. Or, rather, their second death.
    As the Scourge death knights charged, he opened his hands, and blue mist began swirling around his fingers. He handled the magic easily, and the air around him began to grow cold. Heh . . . Ice magic against undead. Amusing. He lifted his hands, and two bolts of ice shot out, striking the two nearest death knights. Instantly they were encased in huge prisons of ice. In one hand, Darren summoned a ball of frostfire. In the other, a ball of purple light was called forth. Both hands stretched out, and one death knight was blown to pieces by the frostfire bolt, while the other's explosion was caused by the arcane blast that struck his icy prison. Chunks of ice were blown in every direction, the jagged shards cutting apart other nearby Scourge. Grinning fiercely, Darren summoned pure fire, and began throwing fireballs here and there, causing many Scourge to combust. The scent of charred flesh was brought to, and a few death knights stumbled around, flames licking up their bodies.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ye know why a lifeless skull always seems te be smilin'? 'Cause life's a joke and death's the punch line." The elder dwarf smiled to himself as he thought back to the warband he had entered Naxxramas with. One of the adventurers had made this joke, and it stuck in the back of his head ever since. They weren't a bad bunch. Typical adventurers. When the floating necropolitan citadel appeared in the skies above Stratholme, some saw opportunities, where others ran. By then the Thane of the Thunderbeard clan had already retired from the Alliance army. Well-decorated with medals for tactics and bravery on the field against demon, undead, silithid and orc alike, he was free to chase after his own goals, no longer directed by the chain of command. After the War of the Shifting Sands --the second one, according to the Night Elves-- Naxxramas felt like an opportunity to acquire Scourge artifacts and do some undead slaying. His warband had entered the floating fortress by means of an attunement to a teleporter near Stratholme. The attunement wasn't cheap for many of them, but his good standing with the Argent Dawn made them trust him enough to be deemed worth the cost. They went in before the Dawn made their official attack... or rescue operation, which eventually lead to the younger Mograine's death. Not to say that his own attack on the citadel went that much better...

The Mountainking's thoughts faded as he instinctivly gripped onto the feathers of his gryphon, when it dived into the Plaguemist Ravine. Behind him followed his squadron of riflemen. Hearty dwarves in their own right, they were part of a young generation of adventurous spirits that revelled at the opportunity to follow a Thane into battle. Chonar looked behind him, watching the riflemen's gryphons soaring close along the tree tops and mountain walls, both beast and rider enjoying the thrill of flight. He chuckled to himself. He patted the side of his own white, blue-armored gryphon Snowbeak, smirking. "Don't ye start getting any ideas now, old gal." He murmured.

They soared along the walls of the Scholomance, arcing in a wide circle across Darrowmere Lake to approach Andorhal from the east. Passing both crumbling and rebuilt farmlands, the dwarves could already see the host of undead advancing upon Andorhal. "In formation!" Chonar bellowed as he readjusted his helmet. The riflemen behind him flew in a V shape, cocking their blunderbusses.

The 'nature' of the Scourge, if such a term was to be applied liberally, was that it literally scourged. Everywhere they walked, they spread their disease, their corruption, their death. They weren't just the result of a plague long ago unleashed, they were a living, moving, semi-sentient plague themselves, activly seeking out deliverance from their misery by spreading it to others. Each ghoul erupted in flame by Darren's fireballs was replaced by another, that would shield itself with the cadaver of its' comrade. Chunks of rotten flesh, torn apart by the ravenous Worgen's feline claws, would sink into the ground to decay the earth, and animate the bones of the buried dead beneath the soil. Even the treants, brought into being by Jorn, would eventually fall, and their husks would rapidly decay and rot, becoming a feeding ground for large, blistering plague mushrooms. The Scourge was an inverse, corrupted form of the circle of life, where death brought forth only more death. Killing alone would never suffice. You needed to outlast, outmaneuver, or out-think the Scourge... a realization that had come too late for so many. But for now, everyone here needed to survive.

As the host of undead advanced upon Andorhal, the gryphons of the dwarves banked and descended. One of the Death Knights, a grey-haired and -skinned human, had just cleaved a treant in twain, and pried her runeblade free from the already decaying husk of wood. She turned and shrieked a chilling command as she noticed the incoming gryphons. Several Death Knights turned to look up at the advancing Dwarves, and called out, sending their bound Gargoyles to attack the gryphons mid-flight.

Chonar gestured for the riflemen to follow him. As they descended, they narrowly dodged the slashing claws of the undead animated statues. When in range, the Mountainking bellowed once again. "FIRE." The air smoked with flaring gunpowder as the Gargoyles were met with several shots of blunderbuss hail, while the riflemen at the rear took out several shambling Ghouls that were in range. Chonar gripped his mace as he gritted his teeth, channelling power into it. Coming to the crux of his gryphon's downward swoop, he flung his mace at the Death Knight that had spotted them. The Storm Bolt crackled with lightning as it dug itself deep into the saronite armor of the woman's helmet upon impact, the unnatural steel caving inwards as lightning lit up the Death Knight's body with a bright flare. Dark ichor and coagulated blood squirted out of the helmet's cracks and openings as the Death Knight's skull caved in. The gryphons slowed themselves, flapping their wings to halt their momentum and allow their riders to dismount. Chonar hopped off of Snowbeak, his plate boots landing ontop of the fallen Death Knight with a satisfying crunch of torn metal and brittle bone. Behind him, his contingent began firing their rifles, taking careful aim along the barrels before each precious shot.

As gunpowder smoke saturated the air with sulfur, the Mountainking pried his mace loose, flung it over the shoulder, and looked around for the Crusader in command.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-28 at 03:55 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

( Could my Panda monk join, I realize it's a bit unuasual is why I ask)

10+ Year Old Account
    (Before the events of Mists of Pandaria, seeing a Pandaren is an incredibly rare occurance, so much even that the entire species is still considered a fairytale / myth at this point. Children speak of them like they speak of the tooth fairy. In the last decade, only one Pandaren was seen; Chen, who joined Rexxar during the founding of Orgrimmar. If it were up to me and I roleplayed a Pandaren, I wouldn't join an RP that takes place pre-MoP, unless you want to deal with every single character involved asking a thousand questions about you, Pandaren, and Pandaria, before rushing off with their findings and proof of an ancient, near-mythological species to their nearest racial leader or lorekeeper. But that's just me.)

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I tend to agree with Chondar, but then again, this entire RP is really set place in a made up time, where Bolvar decides to take the Scourge out for another go at the world. The lore is already being stretched, and as long as you don't mind dealing with all the other races staring at you and asking questions when we aren't in battle (or in the middle of another event where long conversation is not suitable, which should be a majority of the time ) it could be fine. Though I would let Darced make the call, it's his thread.))
    My RP Characters:

(Yea when I asked if I could join, I was under the assumpion this was post cataclysm and simply a made up conflict that just happened to include scourge. I understand that my charecter would be unuasul so I'll wait for the thread creator to make the call thanks for the input though guys)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runestriker View Post
    (Yea when I asked if I could join, I was under the assumpion this was post cataclysm and simply a made up conflict that just happened to include scourge. I understand that my charecter would be unuasul so I'll wait for the thread creator to make the call thanks for the input though guys)
    (( Well yknow, if it is and we'll work under the assumption that the Pandaren have already joined the Horde and Alliance, my dwarf will enjoy a drinking buddy. Pandaren and dwarves have the best brew-battles. ))

(( EDIT: Could a mod combine all our out of character banter/discussion in a seperate thread/post? I like to re-read RP threads sometimes and seeing interruptions like this always is a bit of a buzzkill. Even though I'm participating in the creation of it myself right now, out of necessity))
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-28 at 02:58 PM.

((I'd say wait for Darced and see what he says. This is, after all, his RP. ))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Hi, total noob here You are waging war on a new Scourge and you are not taking your best Brother with you? Jokes aside, i would be glad if i can join, as this will be my first experience ever. Kind regards.))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Hey, they let me in! You should be more than welcome, as long as you don't start killing and of our horde-raced members. The only issue with Rune is the whole panda thing, but seeing we have dwarfs as it is, a mentally deranged one shouldn't be an issue.))
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    ((A few things I'd like to address. No pandarans or monks plz, this is supposed to be directly post cata and I can't take pandas seriously. Second, Chonar could I ask that you change your post so this force seems to be entirely made of death knights? I have a plan that will make Rpers skin crawl. Another thing, this isn't going o become a ridiculous lore stretch where we bnd all the rules, same Azeroth, different future. Sorry to be blunt, but this RP seems to be shooting off really quickly and I'd like to maintain control. Final note, yes you may join :P))

The death knights sparked from the battlefield and began to raze Andorhal to the ground. They spotted the adventurers but focused their attack towards the town center, near the town hall. "Quickly! Tiron is in the city hall, we can't let them get to him!" screamed the Argent captan as he motioned for the adventurers to follow.

Aldean obeyed and ran off towards the captain. Why are there only death knights? No skeletons or bug people anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a fine and beautiful day, birds singing and children playing around, just like everyday, in front of the Cathedral. Grimgor, broom in the hand, was cleaning the street right before the stairs to the Cathedral, when all of a sudden an altar boy, named Tom appeared right behind him. Boy said: "Brother Ma-.. Brother Grimgor, Bishop Farthing wants to see you.". Grimgor looked back at him, said nothing. Started to walk slowly to the Cathedral. When inside, he went to the servants room. "Put back. Where taken." he thought, just like he was taught since the times he was a mere child, while placing the broom with other tools. Slowly turned away and gone to Grand Hall, where Farthing were standing near the altar. As he came close to the Bishop, Grimgor realised that the old man was looking way too serious and nervous. He stopped right in front of him.

Bishop Farthing looked down on him, saying: "Brother Grimgor. There is an urgency. I hereby give you a new task. This is the first time we trust you with such a matter, after your consequtive fatal failures, especially after Northrend.". Grimgor bowed his head with shame. Farthing continued: "Commander Eligor sent some scouts with dire news. There is a new Scourge uprising in the north.". By the moment Grimgor heard 'a new scourge' he raised his head with shock. "Our forces are too busy fighting scourge remnants in Stratholme. We have to send someone to assist Lord Fordring in defense of Andorhal. You are to report to the paladins of Crusade in Andorhal immediately." he finished, then handed a leather pouch filled with 4 golds and some silvers. Grimgor bowed before him with respect, just like he was taught, than turned away and rushed to Jenova Stoneshield, stable master in Dwarven District who held the reins of Grimgor's beloved snowy gryphon, Windy.

After flying many hours without sleep, and bracing some storm over Arathi Highlands, he reached Andorhal's south gates. He landed swiftly, so his extrememly tired gryphon could walk to the stable master. He looked around as they passed by destroyed houses, towers and what not. "Hell." he thought, battlefield of many clashes looked grim to him. By the time he reached the stable master and handed Windy's reins, he heard shoutings of the paladins "To arms!". Grimgor drawed his Jambiya, and saw paladins rushing to the town hall. Forgetting all his sleeplessness and tireness, he ran with all his power after the paladins around him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris was too busy dealing with the Death Knights still coming out of the woods to make his way back to the Hall quickly. His efforts however redoubled at the call to aid the Highlord. Coming up behind the Death Knights as they rushed out of the forest towards the Town Hall, Chris managed to pounce on the closest, ripping out it's throat, before charging into the second and ripping it nearly in two. Dashing now, Chris weaved his way between the Death Knights charging the Hall, taking pleasure in severing their legs from underneath their charging bodies.

Jorn, luckily, was in a better position. Quickly shifting into the form of a cheetah, he sprinted to the lead Death Knight, almost making it's way into the City Hall. Jorn lept towards the Death Knight, shifting to the form of a bear while doing so. (Now, if you didn't know, the force of a flying bear is quite more than nearly any armor can withstand. There are a few rare cases, but this Death Knight wasn't so lucky.) Landing upon the Death Knight with his rather large bear behind, an extremely loud sickening *crunch* was heard throughout the town. After the bear stood up on all four legs, the sight of a Death Pancake was clearly visible under it's paws. The sight, as well as the ferocious roar from the large bear was enough to get the rest of the Death Knights to falter a little, leaving the bears companions time to take them out. The bear braced himself for the eventual charge, ready to shred any who approached it.
    My RP Characters:

Darren had blinked forwards, putting him right in the middle of all the action, and he sent out a shockwave of fire, incinerating any nearby enemies. You'd think there'd be more than just death knights, he thought to himself, flash-freezing multiple enemies and shattering them with lances of icicles. He was mildly surprised at the effect his frost spells had on his enemies, but wasn't going to complain with the results. Summoning three small water elementals, he directed them in combat, making them freeze other death knights in place while using his own ice lance ability to finish them off. He summoned a large ring composed of glowing blue runes on the ground, right underneath two death knights' feet. They stood in surprise for a moment, before the ring exploded, freezing them, too. Darren was about to finish them off, but he noticed a few trying to enter the City Hall.
    "Oh, no, you don't," he growled, casting another spell. He closed and opened his eyes, and he was standing in the midst of his allies. He watched as one of the druids shapeshifted and charged the lead death knight, literally flattening him as he landed. Grinning fiercely, Darren turned to the rest of the death knights, and clenched his fists.
    Pyromaniac protégé.