Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The elder thane turned as he heard the door slam shut, and quirked a brow as he heard Grimgor speak. Not having noticed the priest speak before, he only now realized the difference in speak. A speech impedement?

Looking back ahead, he grumbled loudly and rubbed his face in frustration as he heard Aldean. Brow furrowed, he murmured. "Host? I'm th' host here, fer titan's sake. This place is mine an' me clan's. Whoever is down there is gonna be tossed out along with th' trash and th' cobwebs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jorn merely listened as the proceedings happened. As the doors slammed behind him, he realized this was not the time to be splitting up - not with an unknown intruder in the Dun. Chris, on the other hand, jumped even higher than the priest. Trying to hide his fright, he scowled, and let loose a deep, low, menacing growl. "Who ever it is, they picked the wrong group to try and trap. Lets go see who's banging, and see how many we have to kill before they decide to be a tad more friendly."

Jorn chuckled quietly at his young friend, putting one of his large hands on Chris' shoulder. "Peace, friend. Let us first find who is here, and what they want. With any luck, we will not need to fight." Looking back at Chonar, he directed his next words to the Mountainking. "I have never found myself in such a building. But from how you described it, it seems this banging is coming from the Crafting Hall you mentioned. Until we know what has taken up residence, and dealt with any possible dangers, let us not split up. Please, lead on."
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

Darren nodded at the tauren druid's words. The clanging sound was beginning to irritate him, but he forced his temper down. "Agreed. Splitting up is always the worst decision ever. Haven't you ever watched any horror acts before? The bad stuff always happens right after the group splits." He decreased the brightness of his conjured orb and kept it close by, lighting the path for him as he stood next to Jorn. "A banging noise, coming from a the Crafting Hall. Makes sense."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    (("Let's See who's banging." Lol, I couldn't help but comment. Chonar doesn't appreciate dwarves gone wild in his hall. :P))

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimgor started walking towards the sound, like he was walking involuntarily, charmed by the sound "Ding! Ding!".. Like he forgot where he is, or who he was with.. His frowning gaze locked towards the dark stairway while firmly gripping the Jambiya and torch, and he slowly walked on. Now he could hear nothing but this strange sound of metal clinging. Condensed sweat on his forehead started dripping towards his eyes from brows, burning his eyes with salt in it, but he could neither blink nor sweep. It was like music, a peaceful chorus like he used to sing along back in Cathedral.

The moment he stepped on the stairs was the moment he lost his sense of balance, because the decade old stair was worn off and he stepped onto emptiness instead of the cold stone stair. He could not see it because of the darkness and he could not focus at that moment anyway. Tumult broke out as he started rolling down the stairway, part of his ragged clothing caught fire from the fallen torch, he also lost his grip of Jambiya as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldean was startled by the priest's fall and ran over to him. "Grimgor!" He heard as the dwarf's body fell down the steps and was fearful for his wounds. Shit! If he hurt his hands we may have just lost our healer! Another thought came to mind, realizing his greed, Let's not think like that. He's a friend. He ran forward and tried to catch up with the tumbling priest. Without hesitation, Aldean plunges into the darkness. "Hold on!"

"Perhaps you will reconsider my offer?" Sylvanas' eyes glew of hatred, but not of malicious intent. The lich did indeed float before her, she was within striking distance, but not within the means. "I would never gamble my people." Darced glared in a joyous way, "Gambling implies risk, risk implies danger and danger of course implies fear. You are right to hold true to your people, but wrong to think that gambling with them is a way of exploiting them. In a way yes, but that same risk can be used to protect." The undead ranger lowered her bow slightly, now aiming between Darced's red eyes. "You say, the way to save my people is by risking their lives, so that I may live?" Darced nods, "You know I speak the truth Dark Lady. You know what must be done."

Sylvanas raised an eyebrow at the prospect, Why am I considering this? Using my people as bait?? Darced speaks again, "Sargeras marches from the south as we speak, I require time. As do you, I suggest we take such a mutual need to our advantage." He extends his hand, as if asking her to trust him. "If that were true, why take Fordring? Why destroy the Argent Crusade?" Darced chuckles, "You do not understand. The Light wielders are being watched, preyed upon. This world can no longer count on the Light's sight to protect them." Sylvanas peers from her bow, hood covering her left eye, "Why is that?" She motions with her bow, suggesting he explain. "Because my dear Sylvanas, the Titans, are dead."

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Oh, you hurt Jorns feelings. His healing may not be as good or work in the same way as Grimgor's, but Jorn is fairly adept at the restorative side of druidism. :P))

Watching as the dwarven priest took the lead once more, the two druids held still for a moment, allowing others to take up the lead at whim. As Grimgor slipped, however, their instincts kicked in instantly. By the time Aldean, being closer to the stairs than the pair, began shouting and chasing after the dwarf, two large feline forms were racing behind him. With the speed, dexterity, and agility of their new forms, the two druids leapt down the stairs, jumping over Aldeans head, who luckily had the instinct to duck. They flew down the stairs, jumping several steps at a time, yet knew the falling priest would almost certainly tumble to the bottom first.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

10+ Year Old Account
    "Right! Right you are, yes. Thing is, no one can enter this outpost unless they're of me clan. So unless it's one o' me deceased cousins risen from th' grave, which honestly would sadden but not surprise me, I really doubt it'll be too m--"

The Mountainking looked around.

"...fellas?"

The Thane hurried after the rest of the party, muttering loudly and descending the broken staircase deeper into Dun Thoran.

At the bottom of the staircase, Grimgor came tumbling down. When the rest of the group followed after him to keep the mesmerized priest from further harm, the wide crafting and gathering hall of the outpost opened up before them. It was typically decorated. Chairs in the middle infront of a large fireplace. Long drained barrels of forgotten ale with nothing but cobwebs keeping the wood together. Stone walls rising high to the ceiling.

The fireplace was lit, casting ominous shadows into the hall. Yet it was not the shadows that was the most unnerving source of darkness here...

Lengthy "scars" ran across the ground, creeping up walls and furniture alike. They were stationary tendrils of pure nothingness, a void that seemed to draw in light.
    They reached out into the rest of the chamber, all emanating from one center place; the hulking silhouetted figure working infront of the anvil.

Ding... ding... ding... ding...

Chonar grumbled as he made his way down the stairs. "I say! Will ye stop rushin' off! As I was sayin', it's prolly an undead relative we'll hafta put down. Nothin' we cannae handle with just a couple o'..."

He paused, looking at the hulking figure working the anvil with unnerving repetitive precision. It had the shape of a dwarf, yet was roughly the size of a tauren, yet broader. Fully armored, immense darksteel skulls radiating a blue glow from within the eyesockets adorned the figure's shoulders. A horned helmet was placed ontop, with a long grey ponytail coming out from behind, resting along its back.

Finally noticing he was no longer alone, the creature dropped his blacksmithing hammer, and rose. It turned to slowly face the group. Inside the helmet there was a nothingness similar to the tendrils that crept along the floor and walls. The air trembled around the creature, as if reality was constantly trying to repulse it from existing.

"I'm.. so sorry lads. That... that is not an undead relative."

The nothingness was not the most startling thing, however. The immense twohanded sword in the creature's hands glowed a green tint, radiating power. It could be nothing else than the Corrupted Ashbringer, the blade that was purified by Tirion Fordring himself. A blade that should not, could not longer exist.

"That's.. me."

A sound much like a mixture of the slow wrenching of steel and the distant cry of a dying beast emanated from within the nothingness inside the helmet. The dark mountainking took a step forwards, dragging the too heavy blade forwards along the ground, creating sparks.

SCRAPE

"...run."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Holy shi-" was the only thing Grimgor could mutter as he rolled down the stairs. Half-way, he realised his death would be imminent, so in a desperate act of self defence, he tried to chant shielding spells, but only could say "-EGIS!", which only shielded him for a split second. But that actually saved his life, as he bounced off like a large ball of holy light, and crashed into a group of decade old rotting barrels.

"Wimble.. Womble.. Woble.. Wabble.." he was muttering as his companions removed him out of broken barrels. Luckily some remainder wine inside the barrels put the fire off his clothings. His sight was still spinning because of concussion, but after a few seconds he heard the Thane's voice behind him. He raised his face, and felt the most terrifying presence since he was in Bloodmoon Isle.. His hand involuntarily searched for Jambiya, as his eyes widened in fear by the sight of it.

One thought, and one thought alone, glued itself to Darren's thoughts, and refused to budge.
    Run.
    He tried; he really did. Unfortunately, he'd been petrified by fear and so, he could only stand, terrified and awed, at the massive armoured figure, whom seemed to be wielding the Corrupt Ashbringer.
    Run, you son of a bitch!
    "Oh... damn."
    He turned to run, then cast a spell, teleporting himself a few feet behind the rest of the party. He turned back to the monster and raised both hands, conjured azure flames crackling at his fingertips. He formed a massive ball with the fire, handling it with mastery, and tossed it at the giant. He was no less shocked when the massive cyan fireball slammed into the giant, but had no effect.
    "Blasted son of a-" he cursed, but was cut short as a ripple of magic slammed into him, tossing him across the room into a wall. In a haze, he realized his spell had not only been absorbed by the giant's strange armor, but had actually been partially reflected back at him.
    Groaning, the young mage rolled onto his stomach and pushed himself to his feet, dizzy with pain. He rubbed his temples, then shakily stood straight. He turned back to the giant, then glanced at the stairs. "Yeah; I'm going to stay and fight this thing."
    He raised his right hand and conjured a water elemental, which he, with a mental command, directed to attack - or at least distract - the giant while the rest of the party escaped. "Come on!" he cried, running to the stairs.
    And stopped.
    Standing at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in dark steel-grey plate, a full helm that looked like the face of a Terrorguard covering her face, was a lithe, female Kaldorei. Surprised, Darren caught himself staring not at her, but at the two jagged runeblades sheathed on each hip, inscribed with glowing azure runes. The night elf's eyes were visible from the eyeslits of the helm, and she stood, hands clenched into fists.
    Darren hesitated, unsure if she was a friend, or enemy. Being a night elf, she'd either been part of the Alliance, or still was. Being a death knight, she could be part of the Ebon Blade, or with Darced and the rest of the Scourge. He was about to cast a magical spell that would freeze time around her when she stepped forward, drawing her runeblades.
    "Don't try it, human," she called, her tone eerie and echoing. It seemed amplified somehow, but he could tell it wasn't, nor could he sense any magic coming from her but an icy aura that clung to her. "I'm not going to hurt you; trust me." She ran forward, passing him and startling the rest of the equally-shocked party, stopping in between them and facing the giant. "Just to assure you all, I have no idea what the hell this thing is, and I doubt we could kill it. I'd suggest following the mage's advice and heading towards the stairs, if you've any sense about you. That includes you, dwarf," she said, nodding towards the Thane.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each step was measured. Slow and ponderous, as if the creature was suffering from a great, crippling pain as reality tried to eat away at it. When that plate boot pressed to the stone floor, more dark ripples reached outwards from the point of impact.

Scrape

Chonar looked at the death knight as he helped Grimgor steady himself. "I.. don't.. We must go. I didn't expect this. We must go. The time-lost.." The dwarf stammered wide-eyed. Gone was the jovial dwarf, gone was the crotchety veteran. The dwarf looked absolutely white with terror.

The dark creature suddenly seemed a lot closer, even if it had only taken a second step. Darren's Water Elemental suddenly shrieked as its' watery mass was pulled apart, being pulled into the darkness beneath that helmet, body stretching and warping as it swirled into that nothingness, binding shackles and all.

Scrape

One of the Thane's riflemen woudn't have any of it. "I dunnae WOT that is, but it sure as fel innit me thane!" Korran shouted, kneeling down infront of the death knight to take aim.
    The air around the dark mountainking rippled as bullets impacted upon its armor, doing just as much as Darren's fireball had. Even before the blunderbuss smoke had cleared, the lumbering monstrosity suddenly stood infront of the rifleman, and had raised its' unholy blade high.

Korran managed a "wha-" before the blade cut a clean diagonal line straight through him.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldean stared as blood gushed from the unfortunate rifleman. He slowly unsheathes his hammers from his back, "I don't think he's gonna let us go so easy." His hammers lower, one in each hand and he cautiously watches the dark colossus. "If we all hit him at once, we can beat him, I'm sure of it!" The twisted creature looks to Aldean who smacks his hammers together as if taunting him. "Thane, have any ideas?" He notices the dwarf in fear, "Well then..." The corrupted dwarf steps forward towards Aldean, the sword in his hand swirls with dark energy. Aldean holds his ground waiting for someone to take the opportunity, to run or to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimgor roared as he witnessed the horror right before him.. Poor rifleman was literally torn apart. Sudden shock of fear trembled his body, and like everytime he was in such an hopeless ssituation, he shut his eyes, cutting himself off the outer-world. He tapped into his innerself, to reach the courage that came with years of hard training and discipline. He started shouting holy words, mad with rage, yelling as loud as possible.

He was facing an abomination, an aberration that was the embodiment of pure darkness. He believed that to counter that darkness, he had to become the embodiment of light. "INFUNDERE LUMEN!" he yelled at the end of his chant. His body looked like it was burning with Holy Light, like a torch, enlightening the entire room with blinding light. He opened his eyes, and now holy energies flowed out from his eyes and mouth as they opened. He raised both of his arms, channeling immense holy energies like a whirling penance towards the aberration. He hoped to subdue it with holy energies and then shackle it so his companions could act safely.

But he was shocked to see his powers waning, his surge of holy energies countered by the shadowy tendrils that surrounded the gigantic dark dwarf. Doubts crossed his mind in lightning-fast speed: How could it be possible to resist the Holy Light? A dark bolt of shadowy tendrils intercepted his holy surge mid-way in the air, and started pushing back. Grimgor's knees half-bent, and he started growling as his arm muscles and shoulders got pushed back hard. He roared harder, and tried to push the surge as strong as possible. It was a no-go.

Then his mind filled with horrors all of an instant. His concentration shattered, a dark voice filled his mind among many screams of fallen. "You.. Will.. Die!" it yelled, and with the last word shadowy tendrils cut through the surge of holy light, dissipating the holy light that was engulfing Grimgor's body, and shackled his arms and legs all around. Before anyone could do anything, a giant tendril pierced through his body towards his chest, no wound or blood could be seen, but Grimgor let out a shrill scream, contorting by the incredible pain and agony that took over his body, and he passed out.

Darren stood back, mesmerized by what was transpiring. His allies were slowly being decimated by the monstrous, ominous being that the Mountainking claimed to be himself.
    The only thing that seemed to stand out to him was the kaldorei death knight, whom stood in between what remained of their party, still facing the dark being. The runes that adorned her blade glowed with a fierceness previously unseen, and she took a stance. Realizing what she was planning to do, Darren looked around for a familiar face, seeing Aldean facing the being as well. He seemed hesitant to run, and Darren casted a spell at him, warping time and conjuring up the Grey beside him. "You can't kill that thing; it seems to absorb any magic, and, well, you've seen what it can do in hand-to-hand." He glared at the night elf who, in the young mage's opinion, was being a brave but stupid fool.

Neyira was in shock at what she faced. The massive, shadowy being that effortlessly ripped apart half the party before she could even blink was an enemy she'd never expected to face. She clenched her fists tightly around her runeblades, Frosthowl and Icegore, and the runes shimmered brightly.
    Guess it's either kill it or die trying. She took a step forward, stopping. "Decision made. Now... how exactly to kill it."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take it from me Sylvanas, as we speak, evils far greater than I are treading the world. Drawn by the limitless appetite Sargeras has wrought."

Aldean, now frustrated by the mage's interruption, prepares to attack the dwarf at any moment. Waiting for an idea.

Sylvanas fires an arrow, but it's blocked by Darced's magical barrier that simply incinerates it. "Banshee Queen. We haven't much time! Listen to my proposal! Set aside your hatred for my kind! Even for a while." The dark ranger looks to Koltria, still trapped by the footwear and suffering from severe burns. "Never will I trust the Scourge again. I will never take up arms with you and neither will the Horde!" Darced peers at her, "It is the only way." Sylvanas readies another arrow and quickly aims it as his head once more. "That's what they've always said, either that there is no hope, or that there is only one way." She pauses, "My people have accomplished far more than one could ever have dreamed, you were a part of that." Darced's eyes glow red and flames begin to circulate around the bulbs of light. "My offer stands Sylvanas, together the Scourge, Horde and Alliance can take down Sargeras once and for all!" Sylvanas smirks, "That is why you've betrayed us? In a misguided attempt to stop the titan?" Darced sighs, "LIAR!!" She fires arrow after arrow at the lich, but instead of dodging or blocking them Darced simply stands amongst the growing cloud of dust. From the cloud comes two red eyes, " Then you leave me no choice."

Aldean grinds his teeth, "We can't wait much longer, we need a plan!"

((I assume Chonar has a trick up his sleeve, so I'll wait for his response. But if it takes too long I'll commandeer this part.))

((Aye, otherwise all'l be lost!! D: Lmao.))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( OMG nobody cares, im dying on the floor, somebody heal! Medic! I cant feel my legs! hahahah ))

((I have a mage and a death knight, haha. I'm pretty sure your priest wouldn't appreciate a death knight attempting to heal you .could have some dire consequences. XP))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sudden death of one of his trusted riflemen shook Chonar awake from his shock. With a pained cry, the thane pushed himself to his feet.
    The creature he called the Time-Lost's gaze snapped towards Neyira. The strike from the Corrupted Ashbringer came swift and without mercy, though by sheer luck or honed skill, the blade got caught diagonally upon the jagged edges of Frosthowl and Icegore. The reverberating impact of cursed crystalfused arcanite to unholy runescribed saronite sent the deathknight flying over the heads of the rest of the party, crashing uncerimoneously into the far wall.

Scrape

"This is not a fight fer us, and not a fight to linger in! Move! Up, upstairs! Chris, carry Grimgor. Aldean, get our guest to her feet! Berin an' Darren, cover our retreat!" The thane roared, desperately taking control of the situation before everything unravelled.

The Time-Lost was suddenly infront of Darren, blade held high. The mage felt the gravitational tug on the muscles and skin of his face, the darkness under that helmet seeking to pull him in, like it had done to his elemental... if the blade didn't rip him asunder first.

"Get ta th' garage!" The mage barely heard over the ringing in his ears and the sound of blunderbuss shots careening into that dark helmet.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-28 at 07:59 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Darren nodded and stood near the edge of the party as they made their way up the stairs, making sure nobody was left behind. He then noticed the night elf death knight, slumped against a wall, her runeblades beside her. He hesitated, then saw her stir.
    She'll have to make it on her own. I have to make sure none of ours are left behind.

The impact had knocked Neyira out cold for a moment. The last thing she could remember was catching the ominous figure's blade with her own, then being sent flying towards a wall. The next thing she knew, she was laying on the ground, head slumped up against the wall, her twin blades discarded. She moaned and struggled to her feet, hands wrapping around the hilts of her blades, and she stood, albeit shakily.
    She was about to turn to take another whack at the figure when the human mage near the stairs yelled, "Forget him, elf! He's too powerful! Let's get the hell out of here!" She turned to face the young human, and realized he was right. Growling to herself, she summoned an army of undead ghouls, and sent them flying at the figure. Satisfied that it would be distracted - even for a moment - she sprinted towards the stairs, whizzing by the young wizard.

Darren took one last look around, saw the kaldorei's ghouls throwing themselves at the Time-Lost senselessly, and saw none of the party. He turned and followed Neyira up the stairs.
    Pyromaniac protégé.