Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests

So the game just launched, what is your impression so far?

The game has been hyped for several years, and now that it's finally out, what do you think? I'm installing it right now and I didn't play the beta, so I cannot add something myself.

Is the servers working? Any lag or performance issues? Is it fun to play, and do you think you will stay?

Deleted
    Cant get in...

Deleted
    me neither, guess those millions of stress tests didn't help all that much

i got in to character creation, thought that was cool. Then got DCed now cant get in

Deleted
    no they arent, yes there is and too early too tell (but no sub, so not much to decide)

would be nice if I could play the damn thing....

get one character built, boom. Get halfway through making another, boom.

lol
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played it for 1 hour then uninstalled the game

Deleted
    launch is a bit messy but not too bad, some chat problems, and login server issues. I havent seen much more than I did in the betas, but Im enjoying it so far (if I could login )

Deleted
    So far i've made it to level 7 and it's amazing. I love how the events draw you in like a moth to a flame..

so far my impression is that arenanet are incompetent and greedy and neglected to assure their servers would hold

Deleted
    bad.

Launch prep was obvioulsy woefully inadequate.

Paid anet £50 for game inc headstart, could have got it off amazon for £35....that extra £15 seams totally wasted as the log on servers wont allow me on.

Game itself is great, but the launch is pretty poor.

smoothest launch of the modern era in terms of a BIG mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasted my money if that answers your question
    also this is the 3 day headstart launch, not the "actual" launch of the game and they are already having tons of issues which is kind sad
    Last edited by Snarfysnarf; 2012-08-25 at 11:19 AM.

I've been up the last 7 hours playing; it won't let you login now.

Gotta say it's 100x better than what happened with D3 (which is still an ongoing problem c. Got to play for 7 full hours with some bits of lag but nothing that made the game unplayable.

Really fun though so far. Still disappointed with Elementalist like I was in the Beta. Got him to 11 and got bored so I made a Mesmer; a lot more fun.

Edit: Everyone saying they wasted their money cuz they can't get on: Next time try right when the servers are up. Your fault you wasted 7 hours sleeping :3
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-08-25 at 11:19 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's fun - but there are so many freaking people in the starter zones that the dynamic events don't feel dynamic. There are the "level rushers" zooming around everywhere starting them all as fast as possible. It's fun and all - but oddly enough, I feel rushed by OTHER players. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Revonax View Post
    me neither, guess those millions of stress tests didn't help all that much
    Prolly cuz millions of players were not participating in them.

Well, suddenly SWTOR's launch doesn't seem so bad to me. Still waiting to see if I can login or if they're region blocking China. Ready to contest the charges on my CC

Last night I was on until... okay, about four hours back. Then decided I needed some sleep. Anyone who is complaining about not being able to connect now and actually using that as a legit gripe against the game needs to realize that no amount of stress tests could have handled them for what happened when the game went live. The issues will get ironed out.

But the few hours I was in game were amazing. I am deeply impressed. Had almost no lag... managed to get to level 7 before calling it a night. Does it live up to the immense hype? I dunno. But it lives up to my expectations for now =)
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Deleted
    Well the game itself is better then what i had made it out to be, to be fair.
    On one hand, the login issues and random errors/DC's are a pain.
    On the other hand, the launch could've been worse compared to diablo3's launch.

very very smooth launch
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"