Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    besides the login issue, my only gripe is the optimization.

Not getting 60fps with a gtx 680 and an i5 2500k is unacceptable imo. (Yes, i use the recommended beta drivers)
    Last edited by mmocc225b6b7b9; 2012-08-25 at 11:21 AM.

Good: ALways a hive of activity, something always happening, a feeling of being lost and bewildered like when I first started WoW.
    Bad: The movement is sluggish, feels like server side not client side movement.

Given no monthly fees... I'll be wondering in every so often to do a bit more, but probably be months before level a guy to max level I suspect. So much to investigate, and so much to learn.

Game's worked fine for me atm with only 1 error. It's a nice game, so far I like the exploring and I feel the personal story could end up being kinda cool. However, I won't be doing much as WoW is still my favorite, but still gotta do lots of exploring and story stuff.

So far, I like it. Coming from WoW its a bit different interface-wise, but I really like it, playing a necromancer atm. I must say I love the skill progression system, its unique and quite interesting.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I can't help myself but LoL at people who are already flaming the game. I mean I just don't have the words to tell those people how stupid they are. :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Well, suddenly SWTOR's launch doesn't seem so bad to me.
    For most people the games been up for 6+ hours and only just now had downtime on the login servers which has been going on for ~20 minutes.

For a major MMO, that's incredible smooth

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't bought the game yet, I kinda knew getting the game on launch game would be the dumbest idea yet, especially after the failure of the Diablo 3 launch. I actually learned to wait a little longer.

I will be getting it next week. Still excited and have loads of games to play until then
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-08-25 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    The launcher is really nice....that's the only part I've seen so far bar a tiny bit of character creation still waiting patiently :P

Quote Originally Posted by Infus View Post
    For most people the games been up for 6+ hours and only just now had downtime on the login servers which has been going on for ~20 minutes.

For a major MMO, that's incredible smooth
    Probably because the launch was really really early in the morning in most of europe. When lots of people actually started logging on it fails. No ones fault but arenanet, and you'd think they'd be prepared considering they know the EXACT amount that will be playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lpcinder View Post
    I can't help myself but LoL at people who are already flaming the game. I mean I just don't have the words to tell those people how stupid they are. :-)
    because they formed an opinion ? some people are more easily swayed one way or another, how does it make them stupid?

I watching streams and the thing looks even more anime/L2—TERA lookalike than before. So much talk about 'western' designers, for nothing.

Deleted
    Amazing. I managed to play to level 11 before being d/c and now I can't get on. I WANT MOREEEEEE !

The login server suck and the game melt CPU's.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    It's fun - but there are so many freaking people in the starter zones that the dynamic events don't feel dynamic. There are the "level rushers" zooming around everywhere starting them all as fast as possible. It's fun and all - but oddly enough, I feel rushed by OTHER players. LOL
    Yeah definitely this. My desire for event rewards is overshadowed by the desire not to follow the pack of 30 everywhere. All in all though, great gaming, great crafting, and beyond excellent graphics, everything just flows in this game.

Was playing for little under 7 hours with minor connection issues during the first few mins of servers coming online. Had no lag during gameplay.

I got in at 5am exactly very first attempt, created a character with no problems at all. Played until about 9am averaging 80 fps on ultra nice and smooth, went to eat.
    Came back and seen all the complaints about the launch, logged back in again first attempt played for another couple of hours perfectly, not a single problem, only thing that bugged on me was white stag got bugged into a wall during the chase. Reloaded the instance was fine.
    Took part in many wow xpac launches as well as D3, and although it's a staggered release (pre-launch and norm) it's been absolutely PERFECT, not a single problem at all very impressed
    As for the game, it's a ton of fun and blows any other mmo's out of the water, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    very very smooth launch
    not in the EU, as usual.

smooth launch

experience: amazing... just amazing. Big zergs aren't that common because there are events EVERYWHERE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    so far my impression is that arenanet are incompetent and greedy and neglected to assure their servers would hold
    Yeah, because every MMO launch and every expansion launch ever other than GW2 has been perfectly smooth, and Arena Net is charging one of the most exorbitant and outrageous monthly fees ever!

... I hope you were being facetious, or are just frustrated that you can't play a great game.

I would have to put it very high up on my list of great games.