Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    because for 7 hours or so it was perfect then suddenly login acted up.

you must be new to mmo launchings.
    Well, the only other mmo's that I personally have played recently were TOR and WoW. ToR's launch went fine, the last two wow expacs went great, did not get dc'ed a single time and played flawlessly. Even got server first rogue.

So no, not new to MMO launchings. The launch is a failure so far, with many people unable to even log in. Saying anything otherwise implies that you are working for Arena net.

Game is great though

10+ Year Old Account
    EU data center is not in U.S so that is why NA had a smooth launch and EU did not?

However every single MMO out there that has ever launched has had problems of one sort of another, and guess what whiny little internet warriors , always react the same way.

Oh game crashed i want a refund, oh this is BS, oh this fking typical, i demand free days/stuff... i cant login QQ QQ... blah blah blah.

Same old, same old.

Fact is gaming is not a given right and fact is SHIT happens.

ETA: Tors launch had 5 hour long Queues.. or have we forgotten that?
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-25 at 12:24 PM.

yeah im out these kids make me wanna kick em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    i dont think everyone attended to the stress test might be shocking news coming to you
    this.. how many do you actually stay awake ( are able to play) in north america etc around 13.00 on a weekday?
    We Europeans have got all the perfect times for BWEs and stress tests
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-25 at 12:24 PM.

To everyone crying bla bla bla we paid for 3 days head start your right you did and so did I. This issues happen in a stress test as well, both Guild wars 1 and 2 went down for about a hour and it was because of their internet provider. Did any of you that are crying, stop to think this could the same issue? that it could be out of their hands? Of course none of you that are crying did not. You expect everything to be 100% to your liking because of some self entitled attitude you believe you deserve. So please to everyone crying with out knowing what is going on, do your self and all of us a favor and act like a man or a woman and not like a spoiled child.

PS Sorry for the rant I am tired and annoyed at how people can act so childish over something so stupid, not just on this site but many others.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-25 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvinco View Post
    Well, the only other mmo's that I personally have played recently were TOR and WoW. ToR's launch went fine, the last two wow expacs went great, did not get dc'ed a single time and played flawlessly. Even got server first rogue.

So no, not new to MMO launchings. The launch is a failure so far, with many people unable to even log in. Saying anything otherwise implies that you are working for Arena net.

Game is great though
    WoW's last 2 - meaning not their first. Also, I beg to differ on WotLK - it was nearly impossible to login for 2 days. I didn't stick around for Cat...

SW:TOR was either hit or miss for everyone I've talked to. RIFT was smooth but not dissimilar to this. TERA had issues. FFXIV, despite not having anyone playing, was a mess.

Launch is either better than expected, or it's exactly what is to be expected of an MMO launch. You can't have it both ways. Launch is about as messy as most MMOs, I wouldn't say it's worse, but I wouldn't say it's too much better either.

Where were all the people defending a terrible launch when D3 came out? This is just as bad as that, and worse for some people. In d3 i could not log in for about 25 minutes from it coming out. This? Its been hours.

Where were all the people defending a terrible launch when D3 came out? This is just as bad as that, and worse for some people. In d3 i could not log in for about 25 minutes from it coming out. This? Its been hours.
    D3 should not have needed online connectivitiy in the first place to play which caused all those issues in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    So much hate
    Hate? More like frustration.

And people as ignorant as op, if not more, making it worse. "i got in, so the game launch was great and all of you guys crying about not being able to get in are being 5 year olds. you guys should l2 stop getting retarded login errors saying you aren't authorized to connect to GW2 servers, get like me, get on my level n00bz"

This is also Arenanet, not Blizzard.

Deleted
    They seem to work hard on the problem and they push out a lot more information than every other mmo-developer ... ever

what makes me angry : they knew the exact number of people who preordered, they did a lot of stress tests and if they knew about
    Quote Originally Posted by zeelic
    This issues happen in a stress test as well, both Guild wars 1 and 2 went down for about a hour and it was because of their internet provider
    this, why didn't they change anything.
    It just looks like they've vastly underestimated the amount of people.

Well, for me, personally, D3 launch was better than GW2 launch.

It's been ok so far, better than SWTOR for me.

Already level 10 with around 6 hours of gametime

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Hate? More like frustration.

And people as ignorant as op, if not more, making it worse. "i got in, so the game launch was great and all of you guys crying about not being able to get in are being 5 year olds. you guys should l2 stop getting retarded login errors saying you aren't authorized to connect to GW2 servers, get like me, get on my level n00bz"

This is also Arenanet, not Blizzard.
    I agree that the OP's post is overly optimistic on how this went down, but I think there are just as many people whose expectations were far too high on how this would go that are being just as bad. Launch is going pretty much as expected for an MMO launch

Quote Originally Posted by Queeg View Post
    The problem is for pre-ordering you paid a premium ontop direct to Anet to get 3 day headstart. When there's been umpteen stress tests and BWE's there shouldn't be any problems, as someone stated on twitter, this isn't early access it's just another BWE to fix their problems before worldwide release.

They even refused to put up the official forums because of the amount of posts they would get for messing it up. I have encountered dozens of bugs that I reported during the beta which are still not fixed, including a couple of Skill Point challenges.

Bugs?!?!?! In software!??!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    D3 should not have needed online connectivitiy in the first place to play which caused all those issues in the first place.

That is neither here, nor there. This is a worse launch then D3 for me (And apparently others) So far.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think my total downtime with D3 including that Sunday were the servers were down for hours was about eight or nine hours spread over a few weeks, whereas my downtime with GW2 is over four hours already. I know for a fact some people experienced far longer downtimes with D3 than I did, just like I'm experiencing longer downtimes than others with GW2. It's just the way these things go and it's not really productive comparing two different launches from two different companies and two different server infrastructures. Like any downtime though the best policy I find is too find something else to do other than password spamming log in servers and enjoy the game when things are eventually sorted.

Deleted
    I couldnt log for 3 friggin days during peak time in EU. and Issues persisted for 2 weeks. Seriuosly guys, what's your real agenda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this launch is excellent, love not being able to log in at all. But no no, it's not their fault, it's mine because 'some people are never content'.