The credit card information you entered was invalid. Please try again issue

Hi again,

I'm trying to purchase the game from the official website but I keep getting the error 'The credit card information you entered was invalid. Please try again.' I've tried a couple of cards and none seem to be working. Did a Google search and didn't find much information about it. I know the cards are working fine on everything else.

Is there a website where I can purchase the game with the three day head start? I'm in the UK Or is there anyway to fix the purchase problem?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrash View Post
    Hi again,

I'm trying to purchase the game from the official website but I keep getting the error 'The credit card information you entered was invalid. Please try again.' I've tried a couple of cards and none seem to be working. Did a Google search and didn't find much information about it. I know the cards are working fine on everything else.

Is there a website where I can purchase the game with the three day head start? I'm in the UK Or is there anyway to fix the purchase problem?

Thanks
    This is a very annoying issue they have - took me almost a week to get fixed (and they couldn't fix it from their side). Basically they have flagged your IP address as fraud. I recommend signing up for a PayPal account and purchasing it that way from their site. Big note though: you'll have to purchase it from a different IP address. I ended up buyin it from my phone for my second copy and bought another copy last night from my workplace Internet. I am still unable to buy from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    This is a very annoying issue they have - took me almost a week to get fixed (and they couldn't fix it from their side). Basically they have flagged your IP address as fraud. I recommend signing up for a PayPal account and purchasing it that way from their site. Big note though: you'll have to purchase it from a different IP address. I ended up buyin it from my phone for my second copy and bought another copy last night from my workplace Internet. I am still unable to buy from home.
    I tried it on my phone using 3G and not the house wifi and it still wouldn't allow me to purchase the game. Fraud! I only want to buy a game!

Had the issue though it was with my bank (Bank of America) denying the purchases cause of the source, even if it went through paypal. They've done the same thing during Blizzcons where I can't buy something directly on the floor at their store; yet could online. Called up to the bank to let them know to authorize charges from there solved it. Same thing happen with GW2.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Deleted
    I'm having precisely this problem. I've tried Pre-Purchasing at buy.guildwars2.com with two separate cards and using a PayPal account, and each time I'm met with either a notification that my card details are invalid or that there was an error (using PayPal). My bank say there's nothing flagging up with my card and that it looks like a problem on the Websites end. I just tried using my phone and that didn't work either. I've contacted Support, so if they come up with a solution, I'll be sure to let you know!

I'm receiving this error as well. Very frustrating indeed.
    Desktop: i5-6600K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Z170m Extreme4 | Corsair H100i V2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro | 500GB Samsung EVO M.2 | EVGA Supernova G2 650w | Corsair 350D | Asus MG278q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder
    ---
    Laptop: i7-4700MQ | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GT 755m SLI | 1TB HD | 128GB SSD