were there that many advantages to pre-ordering?

For once, I was good. I decided not to shell out on an MMO pre-order but instead wait patiently until a copy appears at my local Tesco (or I buy it on Amazon). As much as I am looking forward to GW2, I just couldn't justify splashing out £50 on a digital copy when it will retail for £35. I guess my question is, what made you pre-order and get the head start/ novelty items?

Judging by all the posts the head start is only serving to iron out the glitches and server issues so that the main release is smooth.

Deleted
    In my country, the pre-order costs just as much as the actual boxed game from the shelves.

I won the game from a contest so I personally didn't pay anything. But if that wasn't the case, I would only gain 3 days of early access if I bought the pre-order instead.

No, but there are even fewer disadvantages (none).

Got to play the game sooner, and it cost the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresyoggy View Post
    what made you pre-purchase* and get the head start/ novelty items?
    peer pressure

10+ Year Old Account
    well to save a few names and join my guildees from the star. unfortunately i got to do neither so really as im att work monday jll get to play about 6 hours out of the 15 i had ready. so really not much point for me. but maybe im just looking at the glass half full

Deleted
    Got to play the game over the bank holiday weekend.... what could be better