Str/Stam Polearms

Do you think we will ever see these again?

Personally i would like to see them...

Blizz doesn't seem to like STR-polearms for some reason, ok, lolgrip-fury hasn't got polearm-animations, but to punish the other 2H-strength specs because one spec doesn't play nice with polearms is a bit unfair, by now i'm pinning my hopes to some relaxing of the transmog-rules, so we can at least have the appearance of using polearms...

Deleted
    i think it was stated blizzard wants too keep them agi/stam.

ofcourse there is an odd chance they make 1, like they made a spellpower fist weapon in naxx

15+ Year Old Account
    Do I think we will? Nope.

Do I hope we will, sure why not.

I'm more of a Mace fan, and would love to see more Mace models, and swords (Not a big axe fan at all), but a cool polearm would make things interesting. If they don't do it though I won't lose much sleep.

What I would love to see though is more use on Fist weapons and 1h Maces for Shamans. Spell power Fist weapon and perhaps a crazy cool looking Shield to match the Fist weapon would be great.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    They want polearms to be hunter/druid/monk loot while the other non-rogue melees use swords, axes and maces.

Seems fair to me.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I hope so, usually polearms look awesome and I would have thought with the Asian theme of MoP we'd have Str polearms since the three traditional chinese weapons were the spear, the halberd and the guan dao (curved sword on a pole, like a glaive). Now the halberd and the guan dao could just be the design of a 2H axe or Sword (but Blizzard seems to think traditional western style for swords only), but the spear is unique as a polearm.

I'd be okay with them allowing polearms for transmog to 2H axes or swords, but that'd probably be too much work and it would set a bad precedent (i.e. why can't I transmog cloth to plate then).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, I'd love to see some Agility 2h Maces as well.

Or to simplify the entire issue, just make all 2h weapons transmog into all other 2h weapons.

If for whatever reason titans grip Warrior animations cannot be fixed for 2h polearms just disallow items transmogged into polearms from being equipped with TG. It's better IMO to restrict one spec of one class than restricting everyone.
    Last edited by Tacotruck; 2012-08-27 at 04:45 AM.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Id really like to see spirit back on tank gear. Just sayin :P Seriously though Im fine with no polearms like this, I prefer a clearer loot table. I mean, could you imagine ahunter rolling need on a str pole arm b/c it looks cool? blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    Id really like to see spirit back on tank gear. Just sayin :P Seriously though Im fine with no polearms like this, I prefer a clearer loot table. I mean, could you imagine ahunter rolling need on a str pole arm b/c it looks cool? blasphemy!
    At least for LFR that is solved with "Everybody gets loot for their spec" (Also bypassed loot-table bloat as a problem, BTW), in organized raids i doubt such things would happen (If they do, change guild ^_~ ) and nobody really gives a toss about 5-man loot :P

Clean loot table is great, just let's dirty up the transmog a bit. I liked when there were polearms way up the BIS list for Ret back in LK. My first epic 2H was Marrowstrike from H TOC with a strength gem in it

Deleted
    Looking at the new loot tables I doubt it, but this irritates me because there's a thread about classes not being individual or unique anymore.. yet there's this thread where you want classes to be similar. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    That's an absolutely ridiculous mentality, no offense. Strength polearms allow for variety and flavour. A huntard come MoP would likely not be able to need on *any* melee weapons given their ranged weapon is now a MH. How do you liken spirit on tank gear to this? These "cleaner loot tables" are the reason they stuck axes in the hands of rogues (wtf) and made all 1H swords strength itemized. Also should be said polearms use unique animations to other 2H, ones not seen on a flippin druid or monk.