Deleted

New MoP raid (10 man)

Hello,
    I would like to know if the new MoP raid (10 man) will be melee friendly or not! our roster is full of melee and i tested only the first 2 boss of Mogu’shan Vaults!
    What u think about dps suddivision melee VS ranged?
    Thx

Melee useless on most fights, 1 is a good number to bring, anymore than 2 is just yeah...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ranged rarely have disadvantages in encounters, a roster high in melee may prove difficult because of this. With Vaults you may encounter issues after Garajal especially with Will of the Emperor. I'm not saying you can't progress, I'm only saying ranged rarely have a disadvantage. What is high melee raid? I assume 3 or 4. Is there any opportunity to have 1 or 2 reroll? With the first raid the last boss can be quite unfriendly to melee, elegon also would be easier with more ranged due to dropping debuff stacks, killing the add and then dodging bad stuff in phase 2 and they will be very close together, also when the adds die they explode. Spirit of kings should be ok but there will be various dps downtimes.

I can help ya out, let me break it down for you

The Stone Guard- Melee has the benefit to cleave on this fight and still dps with jasper chains, as long as you guys move out of traps in melee you will be fine.

Feng the Accursed- This fight is also good for melee, melee are always grouped up made for easy raid healing and alot of dps.

Gara'jal the spiritbinder- Melee seem to be ok on this fight its a pretty stand still fight, if you take the totem down ranged will have more benefit because of the constant movement.

The spirit kings- Melee seem to be ok on this fight its just a lot of moving and stacking which isint too hard to handle as a melee, however you need range for dpsing the arrows/skull that comes out.

Elegon- Melee do ok on this fight but ranged is by far better, for resetting stacks and dps the adds in the transition phases.

Will of the emperor- Melee get a unique buff on this fight which allows them to deal massive damage to the boss, however you need a equal balance of range/melee to handle the adds as well as dps the boss.
    Last edited by razlopp; 2012-08-25 at 07:12 PM.
    Encore | US 6th | Razlopp - Mage

Deleted
    yeah now we got 3 melee min in raid (but i hope someone is going to reroll). We had the same issue in 4.3 with ds hc, we had some trouble with zon'oz hc (without nerf) and blackhorn hc.
    So nothing is changed, u can progress also with 3 melee but is simply MORE difficult.
    Fortunately i play Lock!
    thx for your reply
    last question: how many boss require only a tank?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    yeah now we got 3 melee min in raid (but i hope someone is going to reroll). We had the same issue in 4.3 with ds hc, we had some trouble with zon'oz hc (without nerf) and blackhorn hc.
    So nothing is changed, u can progress also with 3 melee but is simply MORE difficult.
    Fortunately i play Lock!
    thx for your reply
    last question: how many boss require only a tank?
    From what I remember, everything except Spirit Kings will require 2 tanks (in Mogu'shan Vaults)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    From what I remember, everything except Spirit Kings will require 2 tanks (in Mogu'shan Vaults)
    Massive Attacks — The Warlord King's attacks are so brutal that no single man can stand against him. Attacks inflict 600,000 Physical damage, split among all enemies hit.
    Crazed — Becomes more insane every 0.5 sec, at 100 sanity Meng switches personalities to Cowardice. While Crazed the Mad King has increased Physical damage dealt by 200% of Meng's sanity.
    Robbed Blind — Reduces damage and healing done by 50% and reduces Armor by 50%. 2nd tank helps in case a healer gets robbed.

I think it will require 2 tanks when guilds first try the encounter.