Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    A brave pioneer.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Neil Armstrong

A real hero, in my opinion. I wish I were alive when the moon landing happened, but even in YouTube recordings, I still get chills when he utters those famous words.

15+ Year Old Account
    RIP

I have a huge amount of admiration for Neil Armstrong. He was a living symbol of what humanity is capable of when we allow ourselves to dream big.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

I heard about this. So sad! He is quite the guy. Sad he's gone. But people will be inspired by him for a long long time.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Damn. RIP Neil.

RIP Neil, will probably go down as one of the most famous men in the history of mankind. Even if he did mess up his words :P

One giant loss for mankind.... I'm glad that the first man on the moon was around to see us take to Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Anyways, he will obviously be missed, but at least we still have Buzz. Hopefully this will motivate our government to fund NASA more, and invest more in science. I doubt that will happen though.

That man was one of the icons of modern humanity.
    I agree. Buzz Lightyear did a lot for space exploration.

[Edit] I feel like a jerk, so I'm going to add something constructive. RIP Neil Armstrong.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2012-08-25 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Neil Armstrong "To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die."

A salute and a toast to one of the greatest american explorers since Daniel Boon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I just found out who this person is yesterday.
    Eerie.
    You missed something, I wasn't even born then but I get goose skin from watching the black and white broadcast.
    He was lucky that made it out alive and lucky to have experienced it, I envy him
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Part of the speech William Safire prepared in case Apollo 11 didn't make it back from the moon. I think it is now quit apt.

"He will be mourned by his families and friends; he will be mourned by his nation; he will be mourned by the people of the world; he will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send one of her sons into the unknown.

In their exploration, they stirred the people of the world to feel as one; in his death, he binds more tightly the brotherhood of man.

In ancient days, men looked at stars and saw their heroes in the constellations. In modern times, we do much the same, but our heroes are epic men of flesh and blood.

Others will follow, and surely find their way home. Man’s search will not be denied. But he was the first, and he will remain the foremost in our hearts.

For every human being who looks up at the moon in the nights to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever mankind."

All gotta go eventually... May he rest in piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I just found out who this person is yesterday.
    Eerie.
    Wow.

He was one of my heroes when I was growing up. Rest in Peace, moon man.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Was he also the one who knocked out the conspiracy theorist on camera after being accused of being a liar?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I agree. Buzz Lightyear did a lot for space exploration.

[Edit] I feel like a jerk, so I'm going to add something constructive. RIP Neil Armstrong.
    Well Lightyear's first name was inspired by Aldrin so you're not far off

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Was he also the one who knocked out the conspiracy theorist on camera after being accused of being a liar?
    Yeah, was just looking for the video of that. But that was Buzz, I think.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-08-25 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    No that was Buzz Aldrin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    RIP Neil, will probably go down as one of the most famous men in the history of mankind. Even if he did mess up his words :P
    Aye, i'd like to think history will remember the achievement. I'd also like to think Buzz will be equally remembered (although i know he wont be) since whether it was him or Neil who first took a step for mankind is a symbolic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Aye, i'd like to think history will remember the achievement. I'd also like to think Buzz will be equally remembered (although i know he wont be) since whether it was him or Neil who first took a step for mankind is a symbolic thing.
    I honestly think of both of them when I think about either of them.