Diablo 3 fps issues (upgrade HW request)

Hello, I'm having really bad fps drops while killing a lot of mobs together, I go from 60 to 10 fps and I need an advice to what to upgrade for my pc and why.

I have this spec:

Mainboard ASUS M4A785TD-EVO chipset 785

CPU AMD athlon II X3 435 @ 2.9ghz

Ram 8gb DDR3 1333mhz bus

Gigabyte Ati radeon HD 5770 graphic card

HDD 500gb.

I bought this pc from early 2009 and I have only upgraded so far the ram, from 4 to 8.

Any pros, what should I upgrade to reduce the fps drops.

Thanks

Power supply 430watts thermaltake.

Your biggest upgrades will be either a new processor for video card. For something like Diablo a new processor is probably best. I have the same mobo you do and went with the phenom II X4 black edition. It's easily overclocked and runs the piss out of D3.

Upgrade the CPU. Something like the Phenom II x4 mentioned in the post above would be a good choice. DIII isn't particularly hard on the graphics card.

Thanks for the reply so far, I will try to get some prices.

I run the same 5770 and have no problems. I'm using the 1st gen i5-570.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy a 16gb USB thumb drive and have windows do its caching on there, it's an incredibly cheap upgrade that made a world of difference on my 3 year old desktop, honestly was very surprised at the improvement.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard