10+ Year Old Account

Can i run Guild Wars 2?

Hey, i have been following GW2 and after watching some early access game play i have decided i really want it . My problem is i have a Mac so i would have to bootcamp than buy the game so i just want to make sure it will run decently. I have the 2012 Macbook Pro 13 -inch.

2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
    Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
    8GB 1600MHz memory

Intel Hd 4000

I know Macs are horrible for gaming and i don't want this to turn into people telling me to get a new computer or build one. I also know that integrated graphics are horrible but this is what i have and it runs wow with some settings on high-mid very well. I plan to get a proper desktop in the fall im just wondering if this will do it for now. I know its not going to run at high or max settings but maybe low-mid with somethings turned off? If anyone knows i would really appreciate it!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be a Quad-Core i7, but considering you have on-board graphics, most likely not or if so it will be at lowest settings and still run choppy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Should be a Quad-Core i7, but considering you have on-board graphics, most likely not or if so it will be at lowest settings and still run choppy.
    I copy and pasted the tech specs from apple so
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

If you've got PCI-e slots available, buy a graphics card and you should do okay. If not then it will not be a good experience if it will even run it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i7's, even mobile are quad-core with hyper-threading. As far as I know, and considering you have a Macbook Pro 13 Inch, I'm doubting you have a expansion slot... :/

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 10:16 PM ----------

Granted, if you have an ExpressSlot, THIS may be a possability. However, this was done with Windows 7, not sure if IOS has support for such a thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i7's, even mobile are quad-core with hyper-threading. As far as I know, and considering you have a Macbook Pro 13 Inch, I'm doubting you have a expansion slot... :/

Granted, if you have an ExpressSlot, THIS may be a possability. However, this was done with Windows 7, not sure if IOS has support for such a thing...
    Idk about the quad core i just know mine says dual core i7, and yeah i don't

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 06:20 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Granted, if you have an ExpressSlot, THIS may be a possability. However, this was done with Windows 7, not sure if IOS has support for such a thing...[/QUOTE]

I would be bootcamping to windows 7 anyway
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you said you'll be getting a desktop in the future anyway, could always buy GW2 and install it on the MacBook anyway, no subscription fee or limit on number of installs so what's there to lose when you'll be getting the game later either way? :S Good luck mate'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you said you'll be getting a desktop in the future anyway, could always buy GW2 and install it on the MacBook anyway, no subscription fee or limit on number of installs so what's there to lose when you'll be getting the game later either way? :S Good luck mate'.
    Yeah i may just see how it goes thanks for the help ^^
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it appears Apple is still using Arrandale model i7's, so it is a dual core. Go figure. :V But yeah man', good luck and anytime.

Also, it appears Apple is still using Arrandale model i7's, so it is a dual core. Go figure. :V But yeah man', good luck and anytime.
    not if it has hd4000 graphics, its ivy bridge

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 10:49 PM ----------

Well, i7's, even mobile are quad-core with hyper-threading. As far as I know, and considering you have a Macbook Pro 13 Inch, I'm doubting you have a expansion slot... :/[COLOR="red"]
    this is why people shouldnt go to fan sites of a video game to get computer advice... i see so many people on here who have good intentions but have no clue what they are talking about its laughable... not all mobile i7 are quad core with hyper threading...

ark.intel.com/products/64893/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-Processor-%284M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz%29
    Last edited by usererror; 2012-08-25 at 10:48 PM.

Can I run it?

There are a few things I know that pass the test to run guild wars 2, but i dont know for sure if i can yet.
    Please let me know if you know whether or not i can run it.
    Thanks

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B06
    SMC Version (system): 2.2f38
    Serial Number (system): C02HT6TVDTY4
    Hardware UUID: 3B00FDBB-DF6D-544A-9BA6-C27A56C75CBC
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Type: GPU
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
    Device ID: 0x0166
    Revision ID: 0x0009
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: LCD
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 12:17 AM ----------

so can he play he the game?

Theres ONE 35w dual core i7 , its the core i7 3520m.. its just a very high clocked i5 and the IGP turbo boost to 1200 instead of 1100, theres also two dual core ULV i7. On topic, the HD4000 is not capable of running GW2 even at the lowest possible settings, at pretty much any resolution (maybe at very low resolution but the game would like shit)
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2012-08-27 at 01:45 AM.