Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Making banish work on humanoids and taking away fear would make warlocks extremely overpowered. Imagine an undispellable fear that removed dots on cast and always went for full duration. That is pretty much the end result of such a change.
    that isnt how it would work tho. banish isnt undispellable. afaik its magical so it can be removed by various spells that remove magical effects, also everything that remove movement impairing and "loose control" effects would also remove it. blink would also remove it, possibly also demonic circle, since you teleport away from "the banished area" but that is really a cointoss.

tbh in arena i wouldnt want to use banish, bcoz of its defensive nature meaning the inability to cast spells on the target in the few secs it takes for the effect to be removed, you cant do that with banish. the problem comes mainly in pve where fear is highly unreliable bcoz you can cast it and your target either runs around like a headless chicken or it gets removed very fast due to aoe dmg. ofc you could use the glyph that immobilates the target but it still gets removed fast from dmg. this is were banish is a huge benefit. you can cast it on a mob, and then focus on something else without having to worry about it breaking due to aoedmg.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-08-27 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that isnt how it would work tho. banish isnt undispellable. afaik its magical so it can be removed by various spells that remove magical effects, also everything that remove movement impairing and "loose control" effects would also remove it. blink would also remove it, possibly also demonic circle, since you teleport away from "the banished area" but that is really a cointoss.

tbh in arena i wouldnt want to use banish, bcoz of its defensive nature meaning the inability to cast spells on the target in the few secs it takes for the effect to be removed, you cant do that with banish. the problem comes mainly in pve where fear is highly unreliable bcoz you can cast it and your target either runs around like a headless chicken or it gets removed very fast due to aoe dmg. ofc you could use the glyph that immobilates the target but it still gets removed fast from dmg. this is were banish is a huge benefit. you can cast it on a mob, and then focus on something else without having to worry about it breaking due to aoedmg.
    trinket aside im unaware of anything that can remove banish apart from re casting it on a banished target, that being said - having other abilities that break it would be fine with me... as long as it is not the extensive list that can break/immune fear that we have today.

I dont see how its any different a feral using cyclone - they essentially kill in the same way (hard hitting bleed/dots) and have a undispellable cc (cyclone)
    Last edited by warlockone; 2012-08-27 at 07:08 AM.