View Poll Results: Rate your impression!

Voters
385. This poll is closed
  • I love it

180 46.75%
  • I like it

85 22.08%
  • It's okay

49 12.73%
  • Meh

47 12.21%
  • I hate it.

24 6.23%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Quantitative Data of peoples impression so far of GW2

Simply stated, what do you think so far? I know there was already a thread, but I wanted to make it a poll so it's easier

People who love it will be playing it! >.<

I haven't preordered mine, will wait and see if I will pick it up

Deleted
    It's ok not amazing but not bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the weapon as a class design, the down state, the structured pvp having npcs, and the wvwvw having 15min walks between areas with no Mounts. The questing areas are quite nice, but the XP math is off. I want to play through the personal story, yet I have to stop and do random crap to level which i also seem to run out of.

Yet it looks amazing. The graphics and ui design is just so dam pretty. After trying Rift and Tera and SWTOR and all those other newer MMOs, they all look like garbage compared to this. The art team on this game deserves a much better game and class design team to work with. The job they did here is best in class.

So for me ill play through the Norn leveling then maybe another race depending on time. But I dont see myself really getting into any end game type stuff as the combat and class design is so very poorly thought out and implemented.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I like it!
    I think it's sort of "hard" for me to love it, still dunno what I'm doing, really.
    But what I fucking LOVE about it:
    Personal story... I'm playing a human thief raised on the streets, who uses ferocity to solve problems.
    Know that my story will be different from alot of other peoples makes me happy.

The combat is ace. Weapon switching takes skill, but is awesome.
    The voice acting is good.
    Music is second only to Final Fantasy 7 and the likes of Metal Gear Solid.
    Dynamnic events really work.

But then again I'm only level 6. We'll see, we will, we'll see!

Good game to pass time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betrunken View Post
    Simply stated, what do you think so far? I know there was already a thread, but I wanted to make it a poll so it's easier
    This isn't quantitative; it's qualitative. You should have used a Likert scale.

I'm taking my time, the story is decent.
    Crafting is a bit clumsy and complicated.

Most things are really well done. But I agree the long walks in pvp are stupidly painful. They need mounts or simply a faster run speed.
    I also could do without the stunlock in pvp.

Dynamic events and combat are well done
    The look is good. Waypoints are good. Voice acting is good.
    Good launch despite some hiccups.

With maturity, it should be a long lasting good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    This isn't quantitative; it's qualitative. You should have used a Likert scale.
    I always thought quantative was when you gathered numbers whereas qualitative was gathering experiences and explanations of their choices.

The one thing that still bugs me is the zoning and teleporting, there is no mounting up and seeing the world, there is no flying and seeing the world, there is no jumping on a ship and sailing off to new destinations, there is no blimps or flight paths, there is no walking from a gorgeous green zone in to a dank morose without a loading screen. You simply walk through a portal or just teleport, its a horrid way to get a feel for the world. Instancing and portalling are integral to MMOs but for each zone to be walled in by mountains and sea and seperated by a swirly portal just kils a little of the immersion.

Otherwise its a nice game, I can see people getting totally absorbed by it much like I can see many people turned away. I still think it will be a lot bigger than other big mmo releases combined.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 07:26 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I always thought quantative was when you gathered numbers whereas qualitative was gathering experiences and explanations of their choices.
    Exactly. It's nominal level data and is qualitative. If he were to have used a Likert scale, it would have assigned a quantitative value to qualitative data. This may help the OP with his next poll.
    Last edited by Epiphanes; 2012-08-26 at 07:35 AM.

Currently unimpressed with the game, probably play it till MoP.

There have been problems, as every person who has ever taken part in a massive game launch will understand. They have either A) Acknowledged the issues through various sites or B) Fixed the problems.

I'm impressed with the communication.
    I'm impressed with the fixes.
    I'm impressed with the game.

Guess I'm easy to please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking love it. Never been in love and obsessed with an online game since I started playing WoW. And that's saying a lot seeing as I've tried almost every other MMO and hated them with a passion.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

The "random events" got old and repetetive after like level 15. It's the same events over and over just different mobs.

I guess it's an ok game considering it doesn't require a subscription. I don't think I'll even bother leveling to the max though.

I'll be playing Mists of Pandaria instead of Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It's the next-gen mmo that gives other existing mmos a massive uppercut and makes them wonder what they've been doing all these years instead of trying to be innovative.
    I like your sense of humor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I like your sense of humor!
    Anarchor is actualy better than charlie prince at making ludicrous statements of positivity :P There's excitement and then these pure nerdgasms, I think he gets one every time he clicks GW2.exe, still everyone needs a character like him.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 08:18 AM.

"What do you think so far?"

"I love it!"

"I hate it!"

Those aren't thoughts, they're feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    "What do you think so far?"

"I love it!"

"I hate it!"

Those aren't thoughts, they're feelings.
    I thought I hated it now I think I love it :P Also the title is impressions not thoughts, where did thoughts come in to it.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I thought I hated it now I think I love it :P Also the title is impressions not thoughts, where did thoughts come in to it.
    You think you love something means you're not sure about your feelings, it's not literal. English, learn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ,m.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    You think you love something means you're not sure about your feelings, it's not literal. English, learn it.
    Still doesnt make up for the fact the title is impressions so far not thoughts so far. Who phoned the grammar police.