Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Clc default has tvdp at the beginning of the rotation. Is that correct? .
    No. I'd assume it's like this because people who use CLCRet don't go ahead and track the time on their DP proc, so it has them consume it once it's up.

TV DP abides by the same rules as TV 3 would, a little higher even. DP procs only off HP consuming abilities, so as long as you use it before the 8 seconds are up, you should get in your other HP generating abilities first until 5HP, Free GCD, all HP generators on CD, or your DP Buff is about to wear off.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Strictly speaking, no; if you have a Holy Power generating ability off its cooldown, that ability should have priority over TVDP - thus, logically, TVDP should be at the very bottom. However, on dummy testing, I noticed that I would end up wasting a lot of these procs
    If you get into a situation where you're at 0 HP and you have consistent HP generators because of exorcism procs, just use DP right before the proc is going to expire.

Great thread, thanks a lot

Anyone know if any of the BiS gear changed? Heroic gurth is pretty much still king, but heroic tier shoulders have haste which is our top stat now. Would it be worth getting those over Heroic Backbreaker Spaulders (which have a bit more strength, and mast/crit)?

Probably not a big deal but if I still like to have my character do the most dps even if new content is out in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    Anyone know if any of the BiS gear changed? Heroic gurth is pretty much still king, but heroic tier shoulders have haste which is our top stat now. Would it be worth getting those over Heroic Backbreaker Spaulders (which have a bit more strength, and mast/crit)?

Probably not a big deal but if I still like to have my character do the most dps even if new content is out in a few weeks
    IMO the'yre pretty much even considering the ilvl a possibly Tier edging out slightly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    BiS profile has Seal of Truth at 2200 DPS and Censure at 4300 DPS, a total of 6500 DPS.. With a 30% boost on SoT and a 50% reduction on Censure, we get:

2200 x 1.3 = 2860
    6500 x 0.5 = 3250

For a grand total of 6110, a loss of about 400 DPS. While this will certainly be fairly awesome for killing things quickly (example: leveling to 90), it's not a gain for sustained damage.
    How did this go for almost 2 weeks with no one pointing out your math is wrong? The glyph does not reduce the 'total' damage of seal of truth + censure by 50%, would not be much point in raising the instant damage by 30% only to turn around and reduce it by 50%.(sorry not constructive i guess)

It should look like this:

2200 x 1.3 = 2860
    4300 x 0.5 = 2150

Pre glyph DPS = 6500
    Postglyph DPS = 5010

Resulting in a DPS loss of 1490.. not 390.
    Your point is still valid that this may be a decent glyph for leveling, so long as your target dies quickly. If your running dungeons for XP, this could be a bad glyph choice.

Something I've never understood.. Why is 5 HP (capped) TV take priority over 3 HP TV? Wouldn't it essentially be the same DPS if I just cast TV when at 3 HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Something I've never understood.. Why is 5 HP (capped) TV take priority over 3 HP TV? Wouldn't it essentially be the same DPS if I just cast TV when at 3 HP?
    You want to put your Holy Power generators on cooldown as soon as possible, as often as possible (unless capped). Using 3HP TV when you have an HP generator off cooldown pushes back the effective cooldown of that ability, lessening your overall HP generation.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Can you imagine a situation in which you have an option to choose between the two?
    The priority simply tells you to dump HP if you have 5 of it and Inquisition is already up.
    5HP TV has the highest priority over not just 3HP TV - but all abilities ('cept for Inquisition).
    Because using those abilities while having 5HP will result in waste of HP.
    Only Inquisition is more important than 5HP TV, pretty obvious why.

EDIT: As mentioned above my post: if you are not at 5 HP and HP generator is off CD - you are better off using that HP generator

I am using Divine Purpose talent. Is this the correct rotation?

inq inqdp tv5 how exo tvdp cs j

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I am using Divine Purpose talent. Is this the correct rotation?

inq inqdp tv5 how exo tvdp cs j
    TV's DP should be at the end, after CS and J. You want your generators to be on cd before using TV3/DV DP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    TV's DP should be at the end, after CS and J. You want your generators to be on cd before using TV3/DV DP.
    As long as you have >2 seconds on the DP proc left, yupp.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    As long as you have >2 seconds on the DP proc left, yupp.
    Oh yes would be sad to let the DP run out xD

Anyone able to Skype with me to help teach me to play a ret pally? I'm 33 so please no kids, would like an adult, don't want any problems with parents or there other. Email me if you can help me. Im hands on so watching videos does not help or reading what to do..I just want to pvp and win

Deleted
    Why stack 5 holy power? What's the benefit? I haven't seen any disadvantage by just stacking 3.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2012-10-02 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Why stack 5 holy power? What's the benefit? I haven't seen any disadvantage by just stacking 3.
    Because the disadvantage is not something you can see.

It's addressed in red font in the sticky a few thread above you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Why do you want to go to 5HP? Why not use TV at 3?: It's more beneficial to do TV at 5HP over three (situationally) because you want to keep your HP generators on cool down. This will maximize your HP gains, as well as your DPS. The times you'll want to use TV at 3 or 4 HP, are when your HP generators are on CD and you have a free GCD to use it. The point is not to just sit there!

As a general rule of thumb, if you can immediately receive and have room for HP, don't use TV!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    This post is no longer up-kept and has outdated/limited information.

For your answer check the Ret Sticky please. It's been covered there on multiple occasions! If you have any more information you'd like to see or need please post in that thread.