Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are you leveling quickly?

Are you power leveling? And if so why?

Aren't you afraid of missing things in your rush to an end game that is nothing like other mmo titles?

Please don't let this discussion degenerate into arguments. Thanks for reading.

15+ Year Old Account
    nope.
    I'm level 11, and only played like 6 hours so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfpally39 View Post
    I'm power leveling so I can do a raid multiple times to get a feel of the raid in all perspectives. Just got a mage to 85 that was #5 i have an 82 warrior which will be #6 and I plan on leveling a paladin and monk too.
    Wrong game bro.

Yeah my bad forgot i was in guild wars 2 thread >_> but yeah i am power leveling in GW2 as well so i can experience end game content soon as i can.

Level 32 so far. But was too tired to press on this morning.

No matter how fast or slow one levels in Guild Wars there is no "missing out". Level scaling, brah.

Lastly, no game in the Guild Wars franchise has a bimodal endgame. A number of assumptions in the OP are false. Faulty terminology too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-26 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Are you power leveling? And if so why?

Aren't you afraid of missing things in your rush to an end game that is nothing like other mmo titles?

Please don't let this discussion degenerate into arguments. Thanks for reading.

Not so much powerleveling as leveling quite effectively. When I logged, I was almost lvl 22. Maining as a guardian.

Me and a thief duo'd 3 elite mini-bosses together, centaurs in the 20-25 area. I love playing guardian in a group.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-08-26 at 12:12 AM.

Im leveling fairly quickly , as i am 26 atm, but had alot of problems during the day making me miss something like 8 hours of play (4 or so was due to servers going down for everyone) im not really rushing it tbh and even if i was, if thats what id enjoy, i wouldnt mind messing some content i could always re-do on an alt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

No matter how fast or slow one levels in Guild Wars there is no "missing out". Level scaling, brah.

Lastly, no game in the Guild Wars franchise has a bimodal endgame. A number of assumptions in the OP are false. Faulty terminology too.
    Level scaling only works downward. And XP rewards from starter zones will not be effective when you are past a certain level. Same is for when you get higher and higher, the XP will mean less and less for you.

I was unaware of the scaling. Good to know.

What do you mean faulty terminology?

10+ Year Old Account
    nope.avi

Only played about 3 hours in total, two of which were dominating Blue in WvW, and I'm level 5!

I'm slow as s**t on a stick when it comes to leveling in any game.

EDIT: As others are saying, you could gain a level per kill and it wouldn't matter. I just hit level 5 and got scaled down to 4 because 5 is to high for this zone.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-08-26 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Level scaling only works downward. And XP rewards from starter zones will not be effective when you are past a certain level. Same is for when you get higher and higher, the XP will mean less and less for you.

Umm.. I went to the starter zone of the humans at level 20.. I gained three levels in about 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I completed 100% of the sylvari starting zone, and 100% of the sylvari+asura 2nd zone. That got me to lvl 23½-ish. That's enough for today, my eyes hurt lol :P

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Highest toon is lv.10; and I've got 4 other toons I'm working on to see what class I might want to play.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I'm only level 6 or so, I'm completely and utterly lost. Have no idea what I'm doing - so I'm wandering around pretty blindly. I feel like I did at the start of WoW - and it took me months to get to max level back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm only level 6 or so, I'm completely and utterly lost. Have no idea what I'm doing - so I'm wandering around pretty blindly. I feel like I did at the start of WoW - and it took me months to get to max level back then.
    That's what I love. Not know what to do or where to go, getting lost and finding out new places.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Has no bearing on what I was speaking to. If you get to 80 in a day, it does not matter in GW2. One can not "miss out" such as in linear progression model MMOs.

What do you mean faulty terminology?
    Power leveling, end game, missing out. They are not applicable terms in GW2.

Game isn't built that way.

Has no bearing on what I was speaking to. If you get to 80 in a day, it does not matter in GW2. One can not "miss out" such as in linear progression model MMOs.

Power leveling, end game, missing out. They are not applicable terms in GW2.

Game isn't built that way.
    Very confusing statement.

Power leveling is just rushing through content to hit level cap. I'm sure some will 100% have that goal.

There must be an end game because you can't just hit level cap and the journey is over. The game can't be built that way.

By end game I'm not referring to the almighty Pve raids.
    Last edited by Snakehead; 2012-08-26 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    im level 17. got my armorsmith and weaonsmith at 21 and 50, reason: I need those small mats from mobs which takes ages to gather since trade post doesnt work. i havent left 1 area yet. explored 100% rata sum, lions arch and 1st asura area im taking it chill. im going to human place to farm some mats
    have been playing since servers opened
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-26 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really possible. There are barely enough tasks/events to keep your level current with your story quest as it is. I've got 100% completion of the charr starter map, have leveled 2 skills/professions and am still half a level shy of my lvl 16 quest. it's ridiculous. are you supposed to go to the other starter areas too? seems unreasonable.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-08-26 at 02:39 AM.

Very confusing statement.

Power leveling is just rushing through content to hit level cap. I'm sure some will 100% have that goal.

There must be an end game because you can't just hit level cap and the journey is over. The game can't be built that way.

By end game I'm not referring to the almighty Pve raids.
    Can't really rush through the content though. Hearts are 1 time only payouts. DEs may or may not be happening when you arrive to an area. Personal Story is staggered so that you have to take many breaks between story steps to level up. Grinding enemies yields diminishing returns due to the bonus mechanic.

You simply play the game. Fast leveling comes from simply being thorough.

And there is no end game in the theme park model. You do the same types of things at level 80 as you did at level 8, 18, 28, 48, 58, etc-- DEs, hearts, dungeons and whatever PVP catches your fancy.

You do them in perpetuity or until an xpack. The previous 4 Guild Wars games were just the same.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-26 at 02:42 AM.