Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Endus, do you plan on updating the 4.3 Elemental sticky post with this info, or creating a new post? Just wondering what I should look for.

Thanks[/FONT]
    There will be a brand new post for the Elemental guide, but it will be aimed more at "here's what you need to know to play Elemental" rather than "here's what's changing with 5.0.4/MoP"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There will be a brand new post for the Elemental guide, but it will be aimed more at "here's what you need to know to play Elemental" rather than "here's what's changing with 5.0.4/MoP"
    Ok, thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any info on Glyph of Telluric Currents for Ele?

I know on Live, our rotation is mana-positive, so regen isn't ever an issue. I've heard from some people that we may need to run Glyph of TC for mana regen, any thoughts on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Any info on Glyph of Telluric Currents for Ele?

I know on Live, our rotation is mana-positive, so regen isn't ever an issue. I've heard from some people that we may need to run Glyph of TC for mana regen, any thoughts on this?
    The current sim modeling doesn't require it to maintain mana levels, but that may be in part due to gear levels; higher Mastery rates allow for more "free" Overloads which each have an additional chance to proc Rolling Thunder for mana regen. It's also a "perfect" rotation; any boss effects that reduce your LB casts due to being out of range or the boss being immune or untargetable could affect regen as well.

At this point, I'm imagining that Glyph of TC will be like Convection was; something you may want to use starting out, but outgrow once you're getting into raid gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The current sim modeling doesn't require it to maintain mana levels, but that may be in part due to gear levels; higher Mastery rates allow for more "free" Overloads which each have an additional chance to proc Rolling Thunder for mana regen. It's also a "perfect" rotation; any boss effects that reduce your LB casts due to being out of range or the boss being immune or untargetable could affect regen as well.

At this point, I'm imagining that Glyph of TC will be like Convection was; something you may want to use starting out, but outgrow once you're getting into raid gear.
    How about for 5.0.4 (pre-patch that is hitting tomorrow)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    How about for 5.0.4 (pre-patch that is hitting tomorrow)?
    Given that we're at relatively high Mastery levels, I don't predict it being an issue until the gear reset with MoP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that we're at relatively high Mastery levels, I don't predict it being an issue until the gear reset with MoP.
    Thanks for your input, appreciate it!

Hi Endus, long time reader first time caller here. Wondering how to prep for 5.0.4 for my MS, which is Ele. I understand rotations are not changing however was wondering your opinions on certain talents, glyphs, and setup priorities. As a head's up my armory should be listed under my sig. Also on Wednesday... after 4 guild changes, 2 server changes, and rolling against healers every step of the way since week 1 of FL, I will finally complete my Dragonwrath! So, I'd like to consider these questions with that in addition.

Talents:
    For t60 talents will Echo of Elements work well enough together with Dragonwrath to justify picking it over Elemental Mastery? This is taking into account that Elemental Mastery is still required for our T13 2p set bonus. Granted that 2p set bonus was also nerfed in half and Elemental Mastery itself was also changed with the +5 second duration, +10% haste buff, -15% damage buff, and losing the instant cast spell. I'm leaning towards EoE because I hear there's a RARE chance to cast LvB, Overload, DW proc, Overload, EoE, Overload, EoE DW proc, Overload in 1 GCD and that'd be sexy. Even if that's a 1.7% chance or whatever of happening, I'm sure the chance of having 1-8 LvB per GCD (assuming average 4-5?) would make up for the on command burst of EM?

For t70 talents I think Ancestral Guidance will be nice to help my healers during phases that hurt. I already do a bit of "rain 'n chain" during our "make 1 or 2 heals go dps" fights so this CD might take those places (Zon'ozz black, Hagara ice (I stand next to Hagara and pew pew), or Madness blistering).

Glyphs:
    Chain Lightning will probably be used situationally as what we do on live. If I have mana issues I'd probably replace this with Telluric Currents. Or Unleashed Lightning on mobile fights like Blackhorn (or I'll have to relearn to use UE and the instant Lava Surge procs while running). Flame Shock will probably be used most of the time as the instant dmg portion of FS is meh but having base 30 seconds of the dot will be very handy. I really want to use Spiritwalker's Grace for the +5 seconds. On live I use a gear swap macro pre-pull with pre-pot with our t13 4p resto bonus to get 20 seconds of +30% haste buff. With this glyph I'd have 25 seconds. Not game breaking but would buff the playstyle I already am used to.

What are your thoughts? What do you plan to use on Tuesday?

Very well done guide.

What's the amount of rating for the 7.5% caps at 85? I can only find lvl 90 numbers.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    What's the amount of rating for the 7.5% caps at 85? I can only find lvl 90 numbers.
    764 rating for non 1% racial races- 666 rating for 1% racial races.

Deleted
    "Guardians such as the Elemental Totems and Feral Spirits all now dynamically adjust stats with the caster, and have improved AI."
    What exactly does that mean?
    Am i wrong if i get it this way, That we no longer need to cast it when we got the most possible intellect buffs up? Its still preferable tho, but when we lose the buffs like Potions, trinkets etc. The pet will lose the stats aswell?
    Same with if we cast it with no extra buffs at all, and we get a trinket proc / use a potion. It will automatically scale with the elemental aswell?

EDIT:
    Allso, the new buff with increased mastery? As ele, we dont seem to miss any current buffs? we still get our 5% haste, 5% crit and 10% SP?
    We just get 3000increased mastery aswell? or what did i miss?
    Last edited by mmoc43ed297527; 2012-08-28 at 09:57 PM.

@Thunderchain:

Dynamically changing buffs basically means that you no longer have to pool buffs (INT Buffs for FE, for instance) to gain maximum benefit. The dps benefit of your 'pet' updates dynamically, meaning when you gain a buff - your pet gains a buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    "Guardians such as the Elemental Totems and Feral Spirits all now dynamically adjust stats with the caster, and have improved AI."
    What exactly does that mean?
    Am i wrong if i get it this way, That we no longer need to cast it when we got the most possible intellect buffs up? Its still preferable tho, but when we lose the buffs like Potions, trinkets etc. The pet will lose the stats aswell?
    Same with if we cast it with no extra buffs at all, and we get a trinket proc / use a potion. It will automatically scale with the elemental aswell?
    Yes, exactly. They don't "lock in" stat values when summoned, it changes as your stats change (actually, about a second or so after due to it not updating every millisecond, but close enough).

Allso, the new buff with increased mastery? As ele, we dont seem to miss any current buffs? we still get our 5% haste, 5% crit and 10% SP?
    We just get 3000increased mastery aswell? or what did i miss?
    We no longer bring the crit buff, but Elemental Shaman do still bring 5% Haste, 10% SP, and the new Mastery buff, yes.

Hey, for Goblin shamans, whenever their totems are about to expire they do an explosion animation. Just noticed this.

I have a big problem with the totems now! i Have to either macro them or key bind them (and keep track of all CD's on them)! i using an old Macro to cast sequence then to reset but that is even a pain in the butt because now i have to remember whats on CD. Binding the Totems well that's even more key space any suggestions. I'm a Resto shaman and it's my main.

Deleted
    Something worth pointing out is that we have lost our "passive" speed boost which was gained from taking the instant ghost wolf spell in the old Enhancement tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Something worth pointing out is that we have lost our "passive" speed boost which was gained from taking the instant ghost wolf spell in the old Enhancement tree.
    Indeed; for DPS at least, it's probably best to re-enchant with a movement speed enchant, either Assassin's Step or Lavawalker.

Deleted
    Very well done, thanks for this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    This being a bug I think. Ghost wolf speed incrase supposed to stack, but it doesn't on live at the moment.