Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    I'm curious about the CS > J part of the rotation. I'm a bit new at this, but after looking over parses from raid encounters, I kept finding that Judgement just hit harder in all cases. Tested both for a while on a training dummy and came to pretty much the same conclusion. CS had a very slight edge without Inquisition, but with that rolling, which it always should be, it was right back to Judgement having an average hit of ~23% higher than CS when testing the same number of each attack.

    Why is that? Am I misusing CS somehow? I can't find any data to justify CS > J.
    CS has mastery bonus damage while Judgement does not.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    CS has mastery bonus damage while Judgement does not.
    I overlooked Judgement not being on the list of triggers for Hand of Light. Thanks.

  3. #123
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    I'm curious about the CS > J part of the rotation. I'm a bit new at this, but after looking over parses from raid encounters, I kept finding that Judgement just hit harder in all cases. Tested both for a while on a training dummy and came to pretty much the same conclusion. CS had a very slight edge without Inquisition, but with that rolling, which it always should be, it was right back to Judgement having an average hit of ~23% higher than CS when testing the same number of each attack.

    Why is that? Am I misusing CS somehow? I can't find any data to justify CS > J.
    Did you take into account the mastery component of CS? When you use CS you should be seeing two numbers, the actual hit, and the mastery that follows after. You should add them both up.

    EDIT: Just saw that you did forget to include it.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    I'm curious about the CS > J part of the rotation. I'm a bit new at this, but after looking over parses from raid encounters, I kept finding that Judgement just hit harder in all cases. Tested both for a while on a training dummy and came to pretty much the same conclusion. CS had a very slight edge without Inquisition, but with that rolling, which it always should be, it was right back to Judgement having an average hit of ~23% higher than CS when testing the same number of each attack.

    Why is that? Am I misusing CS somehow? I can't find any data to justify CS > J.
    Crusader Strike is only higher priority than Judgment if you're likely to have blank GCDs.

  5. #125
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    A quick question for those who know ret better than me: Is there a haste cap? I know that at 90 you're not likely to meet it, but is there a cap at say...50% where haste becomes less valuable than other stats?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    A quick question for those who know ret better than me: Is there a haste cap? I know that at 90 you're not likely to meet it, but is there a cap at say...50% where haste becomes less valuable than other stats?
    You GCD cap at 50%, so while it is not a hard cap, it is kinda a soft cap where haste loses value. After 50% there are several breakpoints where haste gets insane again, where you can basically change your rotation.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  7. #127
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,408
    Question. With 2 piece tier 14 should i still use divine storm on 2 targets or 3?
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  8. #128
    Was this guide who have the links of the encounters? as a Ret PoV?
    And where is it?

  9. #129
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    186
    Hello my friends I have a little mind trouble for my gemming. Currently 2 haste is better than 1 strength for me (I have simcrafted it) but since I am JC I can't figure how to gem correctly my equipment.
    here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...dalos/advanced
    I have 1 yellow socket (helm), 3 red sockets (shoulders, chest and legs) and 1 prismatic (belt). I know that haste JC only gem is underbudgeted compared to strength one. So I think I should probably put 2 strength JC only gem, put 2 haste gem in prismatic and yellow sockets and put a strength / haste gem in the last red socket. But I'm not sure really can you help me here ?

    I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    Hello my friends I have a little mind trouble for my gemming. Currently 2 haste is better than 1 strength for me (I have simcrafted it) but since I am JC I can't figure how to gem correctly my equipment.
    here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...dalos/advanced
    I have 1 yellow socket (helm), 3 red sockets (shoulders, chest and legs) and 1 prismatic (belt). I know that haste JC only gem is underbudgeted compared to strength one. So I think I should probably put 2 strength JC only gem, put 2 haste gem in prismatic and yellow sockets and put a strength / haste gem in the last red socket. But I'm not sure really can you help me here ?
    put strength JC gems into red sockets.

  11. #131
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    186
    thanks Reith !

    I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

  12. #132
    Epic! Gracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    BFE, USA
    Posts
    1,615
    I guess this could be considered a general SimCraft question, rather than just focused on Ret... but I'm a retadin so screw everyone else. I read once that using reforge plots in simcraft is a good way to balance the stat values of whichever stats you are going for to help achieve optimal dps. Problem is it never said how to go about using reforge plots to do just that. Obviously as ret we can't reforge from str to haste, but we can gem and I assumed using by reforge plotting those two stats that it could find the sweet spot when it came to gemming. A guide to using it would be most extremely appreciated.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I guess this could be considered a general SimCraft question, rather than just focused on Ret... but I'm a retadin so screw everyone else. I read once that using reforge plots in simcraft is a good way to balance the stat values of whichever stats you are going for to help achieve optimal dps. Problem is it never said how to go about using reforge plots to do just that. Obviously as ret we can't reforge from str to haste, but we can gem and I assumed using by reforge plotting those two stats that it could find the sweet spot when it came to gemming. A guide to using it would be most extremely appreciated.
    As a long time theorycrafter and progression raider, I have never even heard of reforge plotting. Looking it up, it seems to me that its a wholly unnecessary process for a couple reasons. If you're gemmed and reforged for haste, and simcraft still says haste is best, then haste is best period. Last I checked, this is the case for ret paladins in good gear. Secondly, the benefit you're going to get from this is so miniscule - it basically only serves to better find the point at which strength and haste are equal, around which the difference between the two is so small that the dps difference will be in the tens or hundreds which is a drop of water in the ocean of 100k dps.


    On an unrelated note, what happened to all the paladin discussion on this forum? All the individual threads addressing ret dps got locked by mods, I'd say what I thought about that if I felt like getting another ban

  14. #134
    Unsure if this is the right topic to ask such an inquiry, so please correct me if I'm wrong - but does anybody have any good references or advice for a Retribution Paladin working on challenge modes? How much hit/exp I can drop to in terms of rating (considering the scaling), which talents would be optimal, trinkets, etc.

    I'm thinking Holy Avenger is the clear winner here since the 4pc doesn't seem to work within?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Unsure if this is the right topic to ask such an inquiry, so please correct me if I'm wrong - but does anybody have any good references or advice for a Retribution Paladin working on challenge modes? How much hit/exp I can drop to in terms of rating (considering the scaling), which talents would be optimal, trinkets, etc.

    I'm thinking Holy Avenger is the clear winner here since the 4pc doesn't seem to work within?
    If you're raid hit capped, it should scale you down to dungeon hit capped automatically.
    "The system that will be used for challenge modes upon release actually preserves your hit and expertise bonuses, compensating by deducting extra rating from your other secondary stats (crit, haste, mastery, Spirit) in proportion to how much of each you had to begin with."

    Whatever trinkets you normally use should be fine, relic is probably the best at that ilvl but it shouldnt make a noticeable difference.

    You're probably going to want to take FoJ but other than that I can't see that talents really matter. There will be times where you want to use CDs on trash, and holy avenger seems to me to be the best one for burst aoe, so I'd probably go with that.

    I don't have much experience in challenge modes - hopefully someone will have more info for you, just wanted to help you get started.

  16. #136
    With T14 4pc becoming baseline, is there any evidence to suggest that HA will beat out SW?

  17. #137
    Why would it? HA benefits greatly from a 2 minute AW, but so does Sanctified Wrath, SW should still be better.

  18. #138
    About initial burst....

    I should use Guardians of Ancients Kings after or before of the bl,hero,etc?

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypthus View Post
    About initial burst....

    I should use Guardians of Ancients Kings after or before of the bl,hero,etc?
    Thats easy before, reason beeing that GoAK gives you an stacking buff so ideally you wanna have it before the BL,Hero so that you can do more damage.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons View Post
    Thats easy before, reason beeing that GoAK gives you an stacking buff so ideally you wanna have it before the BL,Hero so that you can do more damage.
    ok thank you so much...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •