Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    BSing and Engineering will, for now at the least be the best combo.

Jcing is lacking. I myself would pair it with BSing, however in terms of gains engineering should be most gainful.

Especially when you take ES.
    thanks but it's a pain for me to change 2 prof instead one

Starting to plan what spec's ill be using for each of the fights in the MV raid, would be good if there was some detail on this in the encounter section

Stone Guard: is going to be shared health pool and a case of being in range of two of the dogs, ill be spec'ing to that effect, how many adds does LightsHammer/HolyPrism overtake Execution Sentence?
    Looks like Glyphs for DoubleJeopardy&MassExorcism are going to win here also

Feng: Single Target fight, so ExecutionSentence here, no benefit from MassExorcism or Double Jeopardy glyphs

Gara'jal: will depend if you are going to be a spirit killer (and therefore by all accounts infinite HP) Pursuit of Justice will be very advantagous here

Spirit Kings: Single target, and seems to be a heavy movement fight, Speed of light's cooldown is too long to be useful here, so its a choice between LAotL and PoJ

Elegon: HA looks like it will win here for helping burn through Phase 2's Energy Charges

Will of the Emperor: lots of AOE from what i can see, although videos i watched dont seem to have them clumped together

Anyone else want to pitch in with their suggestions for optimal spec's for MV?

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    thanks but it's a pain for me to change 2 prof instead one
    Haha I understand! Was just saying for clarity sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Firegalus View Post
    Starting to plan what spec's ill be using for each of the fights in the MV raid, would be good if there was some detail on this in the encounter section

Stone Guard: is going to be shared health pool and a case of being in range of two of the dogs, ill be spec'ing to that effect, how many adds does LightsHammer/HolyPrism overtake Execution Sentence?
    Looks like Glyphs for DoubleJeopardy&MassExorcism are going to win here also

Feng: Single Target fight, so ExecutionSentence here, no benefit from MassExorcism or Double Jeopardy glyphs

Gara'jal: will depend if you are going to be a spirit killer (and therefore by all accounts infinite HP) Pursuit of Justice will be very advantagous here

Spirit Kings: Single target, and seems to be a heavy movement fight, Speed of light's cooldown is too long to be useful here, so its a choice between LAotL and PoJ

Elegon: HA looks like it will win here for helping burn through Phase 2's Energy Charges

Will of the Emperor: lots of AOE from what i can see, although videos i watched dont seem to have them clumped together

Anyone else want to pitch in with their suggestions for optimal spec's for MV?
    Vanderhuge has offered some great input which will be soon put into the front page! Looks close to inline with what you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge
    Stone Guardians - Obvious choice of Light's Hammer here for both the heal and the cleave damage (should always be near 2 guardians regardless of 10/25).

Feng - Execution Sentence. Nothing really too special here because it's mostly just a fight that checks a raid's ability to stack and spread correctly.

Gara'jal - ES again. Using Lay on Hands on someone in the Spirit Realm gives them tons of stacks of the stacking stat buff, as well as enabling their escape ability. Divine Shield has no effect on Spirit Doll (I assume HoP is the same), so don't bother. Divine Protection, however, is especially useful if you're the VD because it will reduce not only your damage, but your copied damage as well.

Spirit Kings - ES, but Holy Prism with a self-target macro is actually very handy. Divine Shield and presumably Hand of Protection can free people from the pinning arrows. Human racial also works on this, too. Holy Prism works well to break people out of Maddening Shout if it's chosen. Do NOT ever use HotR for this, use DS. 10% AP debuff on raid = bad
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure something's wrong... I keep waiting for CD's to go away like half of the fight. =/

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    What level are you?

What talents are you using.

Armory and such? Are you level 90?

Sure you'll have a few gaps here and there, but not half the fight as you make it out to be.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    89, switched from protection to retribution after realizing it's 300% slower to level with protection (Currently 8 hours played on 89, barely halfway through)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xxerror/simple
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    89, switched from protection to retribution after realizing it's 300% slower to level with protection (Currently 8 hours played on 89, barely halfway through)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xxerror/simple
    You're level 89. You're missing the level 90 talent which is another part of your rotation.

Then you have almost no haste. Missing quite a bit due to low hit. There's definitely going to be gaps in your play. Ret, unfortunately is very reliant on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is another reason why I hate leveling with retribution, but it's too damn slow leveling with protection, it wasn't the same in WotLK & Cataclysm.

I ragequit serveral times per hour just because it's so goddamn slow.

Armory

Weird. I leveled as Ret and I found levels 88 and 89 to be the fastest, taking about about 4~5 hours each versus the 6+ I had to put into 86 and 87. Then again, I did go into MoP with iL400+ DS raid gear and maintained 4pT13 until 89...That, and I've always leveled as Ret and have the most experience as Ret. Looking at your armory, the only thing I can really think of that would significantly hinder your leveling is a lack of hit and expertise, as I maintained my caps all the way up to 90. I'm a bit obsessive like that.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    You're level 89. You're missing the level 90 talent which is another part of your rotation.

Then you have almost no haste. Missing quite a bit due to low hit. There's definitely going to be gaps in your play. Ret, unfortunately is very reliant on gear.
    This is pretty much the general idea of it all!

Don't be afraid to reforge some of your gear as your leveling, or once 90 as you're waiting on heroic gear/doing heroics. You can also always buy some cheap +Hit food as you're leveling too to help close the gap.

The misses will toss you off a lot more than you notice, and the haste will help close gaps.

I'm with Grognard on this though, I found it to be fairly fast. I mean, took me 7 or so hours for 88 and 8 hours for 89 taking my time, and I thought the pace was quite fair.

I kept my 4 piece and 2 piece for quite some time though.

On another thought, your iLvL is quite low for 89. I'd suggest looking at AH, or other sources to up that. Better gear will definitely help you. Go for pieces with haste on them too!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Weird. I leveled as Ret and I found levels 88 and 89 to be the fastest, taking about about 4~5 hours each versus the 6+ I had to put into 86 and 87. Then again, I did go into MoP with iL400+ DS raid gear and maintained 4pT13 until 89...That, and I've always leveled as Ret and have the most experience as Ret. Looking at your armory, the only thing I can really think of that would significantly hinder your leveling is a lack of hit and expertise, as I maintained my caps all the way up to 90. I'm a bit obsessive like that.
    86 and 87 are like, the fastest levels if you're doing dungeons for them. Leveling from 85 to 86 took me 2 and a half hours. No joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude485 View Post
    gylph of double jeperdy? doesnt switching targets reset your swing timer. 20% more damage might not be worth it if u lose out on a white attack
    No it does not.

There are a variety of tools you can use for this too, mouse over macro, So on.

Redo your images. I suggest Imgur.com as a host.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-10-09 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude485 View Post
    gylph of double jeperdy? doesnt switching targets reset your swing timer. 20% more damage might not be worth it if u lose out on a white attack
    im pretty sure they fixed this besides cs+ auto attack macro fixs this issue anyway which u should have
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-10-09 at 02:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    im pretty sure they fixed this besides cs+ auto attack macro fixs this issue anyway which u should have
    Yeah. Macro /startattack to everything you've got.

Apologies for how long it took me to get that post deleted Krekko. Meant to do it back when you message me originally but I kept forgetting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Apologies for how long it took me to get that post deleted Krekko. Meant to do it back when you message me originally but I kept forgetting.
    No problem at all, thank you very much for that!

Going to clean it up and organize it a lot more!

Re: the 90 talent choices on 1st 4 bosses.

I strongly disagree with taking Holy Prism for Spirit Kings. It's strictly a single target fight so you should take ES. If you're thinking using it to break maddening shout it's not doing anything that intelligent HP conservation right before shout for a DS on the raid can't do.

Also don't know about the wisdom of blowing Holy Avenger on orbs given how tight the enrage on Elegon is. Speaking of Elegon, has anyone tested to see if the stacks from standing in the field can be dropped with Divine Shield? I can test on Monday if no one knows.

CDs should never be used on Orbs in Elegon. The whole fight is a dps check and how much you can burst on the boss in the short duration between running to reset stacks and dpsing Celestial Protectors. At the most what you should be doing is ensuring you do all of your abilities on Orbs, and do as much DPS on Elegon as you can in between Orbs. Execution Sentence should also not be used on Orbs, unless it's the 5th or 6th Orb where you really need to pull out all the stops and kill it in order to get another stack of the damage increasing debuff on the boss.

... Speaking of Elegon, has anyone tested to see if the stacks from standing in the field can be dropped with Divine Shield? I can test on Monday if no one knows.
    was tanking elegon the other night, and can confirm DS doesn't reset stacks, with PoJ its pretty quick to get out and back in anyway

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Re: the 90 talent choices on 1st 4 bosses.

I strongly disagree with taking Holy Prism for Spirit Kings. It's strictly a single target fight so you should take ES. If you're thinking using it to break maddening shout it's not doing anything that intelligent HP conservation right before shout for a DS on the raid can't do.

Also don't know about the wisdom of blowing Holy Avenger on orbs given how tight the enrage on Elegon is. Speaking of Elegon, has anyone tested to see if the stacks from standing in the field can be dropped with Divine Shield? I can test on Monday if no one knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    CDs should never be used on Orbs in Elegon. The whole fight is a dps check and how much you can burst on the boss in the short duration between running to reset stacks and dpsing Celestial Protectors. At the most what you should be doing is ensuring you do all of your abilities on Orbs, and do as much DPS on Elegon as you can in between Orbs. Execution Sentence should also not be used on Orbs, unless it's the 5th or 6th Orb where you really need to pull out all the stops and kill it in order to get another stack of the damage increasing debuff on the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firegalus View Post
    was tanking elegon the other night, and can confirm DS doesn't reset stacks, with PoJ its pretty quick to get out and back in anyway
    Thanks for the feedback! I haven't had time to raid much yet and double check these mechanics and such (Went from sick to traveling to sick to traveling again). I'll update the post ASAP!

As we get further in, any other suggestions would be great!