Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquakeman View Post
    I added #showtooltip so I can see the tooltip, but when I switch to Execution Sentence, tooltip won't appear, unless I put the line with Execution sentence before the line with Holy Prism. How can this be modified to show the active spell on the tooltip?
    I forget the exact way but there's a trick to doing it since the tooltip isn't known when you change talents. Personally I use the addon TalentSpellMacro to create one (it goes in the global macros not for a particular toon) which updates it automatically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I forget the exact way but there's a trick to doing it since the tooltip isn't known when you change talents. Personally I use the addon TalentSpellMacro to create one (it goes in the global macros not for a particular toon) which updates it automatically.
    I know you might have figured it out, but in case you haven't then if the fight goes on for 6 minutes you want to use your AW/GOAK on CD each time. Without the CDR trinket it should be:

00:00 - AW/GoAK
    02:00 - AW
    03:00 - GoAK
    04:00 - AW
    06:00 - AW/GoAK

Now the CDR trinket reduces them both with the same percentage, meaning they will line up for eachother during the 3rd GoAK no matter what. What you have to do is figure out how long the fight will last. The only reason you want to hold back for even just a few seconds is if ES is on back up in 32-32 seconds and you have AW/GoAK ready. Then I suggest you hold them for 2-3 seconds and fire them off with highest priority on getting ES off the last 2 seconds of your buffs.

For those of you interested, there is another thread where we debate quite a lot about gear choices and such, and one of the rets there just released a video guide that is quite handy. I can drop the link but I don't want to derail. The thread can also become quite elitist sometimes.

Regarding T16 4piece, yes you want to use it. The 2piece is around a 2% dps increase and the 4piece can be anything from 2-7% for single targets depending on your RNG. Furthermore it works additively with Divine Purpose, so for fight with just 1 or 2 adds you can easily position yourself with your back towards some adds and fire off a DS, even when not having a proc. Using DS with 2 or more adds will result in a dps increase over using a TV.

If you have 4piece T15 (regardless of LFR, Normal or Heroic) you don't want to swap it out untill you have atleast 4piece normal T16 (for single target fights. As soon as adds are involved, you swap on your highest iLvl gear or T16).

Another common question is regarding trinkets. I will list them here:

1. Thok's Tail
    2. Galakras
    3. Warforged (Meaning 559) Skeer's
    4. Heroic Feather (if the hit is used, not if it is wasted)
    5. Skeer's 553
    6. Heroic Spark of Zandalari
    7. Heroic Feather (if hit is wasted, not used - reforge the hit into haste)

In general you want to use Thok's regardless of it being LFR, Flex or Normal. Just upgrade it as soon as you can. Galakras LFR is probably outperformed by normal Skeer and definetly by Heroic Feather if you can utilize the hit.
    Last edited by mmoc03c02d4648; 2013-11-01 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    awesome! thanks! I'll give it a shot, but if you remember how it's done,plz tell me!

I think you need to add the #showtooltip line right before any spell you /use.

Deleted
    tried that too,didn't work either

How do you open on a boss as ret? Can't find it written anywhere here
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Opener as found here.
    1 – Potion of Mogu Power – Use this before you enter combat.
    2 – Judgment – Use this as you run into melee.
    3 – Exorcism – Use as you run into melee if you aren’t already in melee.
    4 – Crusader Strike – As soon as you’re in melee.
    5 – Exorcism – If you didn’t use it previously.
    6 – Inquisition
    7 – Guardian of Ancient Kings and Avenging Wrath – Try to sync these up together. If you’re not using Sanctified Wrath as a talent, delay Avenging Wrath by 10 seconds to line up with the last 20 seconds of Guardian. ]
    Cheers for the link, taking a look now!
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-04 at 04:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Whoops, used to be in part 2, I don't know what I did with it when I updated some parts to 5.4 . Follow what's said above, that will set you good.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Also remember if you are progressing on a boss and using pulltimes, you can craft the 4piece Dreadful Holy PvP set and cast 3-4 Flash of Light to gain a free Inqusition before pull timer expires. Just macro the 2 gearsets you use and swap it on.

Krekko perhaps we could put the youtube video Drakeshi has made on the first page? I'm sure Drakeshi would not mind?

Video needs a few updates that I've been coordinating Dakeshi with. I'm going to end up linking the guide and video on my page anyhow. But 2 places can't hurt, pumping the site up never a bad thing.

Making an actual proper OP iin my thread at some point s something I've wanted to do but never got around to. Lazy to the max
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-04 at 03:31 PM.

Would love that It's made for explanatory purposes after all

The video itself will probably not be reuploaded with new audio but have annotations to state if something is wrong (a number for example. The guide was written during 5.4 PTR), mainly because there's 30 odd specs more to cover, so evrelias working his bum off x]
    Ah well so long as the guide is accurate. Which after our last update it should be.

Why do you want to go to 5HP? Why not use TV at 3?: It's more beneficial to do TV at 5HP over three (situationally) because you want to keep your HP generators on cool down. This will maximize your HP gains, as well as your DPS. The times you'll want to use TV at 3 or 4 HP, are when your HP generators are on CD and you have a free GCD to use it. The point is not to just sit there!

As a general rule of thumb, if you can immediately receive and have room for HP, don't use TV! This is less the case when one has more Haste.
    In short, why? The reason for maximizing HP gains is to fit in more finishers, no?

This is of course complete napkin maths, but after an hour on a dummy where I followed the rotation strictly I decided to try to do another hour where I simply used TV/4pc bonus/Divine Purpose Procs as soon as I could (ie at 3 hp in order to maximize the amount of procs). DPS was noticeably improved, which would seem to be in direct opposition to conventional wisdom.

Inquisition uptime was of course given priority in both cases.
    Last edited by Kethran; 2013-11-11 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dusted off my Ret for the first time in ages!

Can I ask why most Rets are taking Sanctified Wrath over Holy Avenger atm? Is it because of the tier set bonuses or something else? Currently at a low ilvl with no tier on mine, so I should stick to Holy Avenger?

Also, how do you handle heroism with Holy Avenger and Sanctified Wrath? I haven't played in a while so I'm really rusty, but if someone could explain it would be awesome.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick with Sanctified Wrath. While Avenging Wrath seems better and deals more damage (Which it does over 20 seconds), sanctified wrath makes wings last 30 seconds, resulting in a bigger gain.

During Sanctified Wrath, it's pretty much

1: Hammer of Wrath
    2: Crusader Strike (Hammer of the Righteous@aoe)
    3: Hammer of Wrath
    4: Templar's Verdict (Divine Storm@aoe)
    5: Go to step 1

Haven't played holy avenger in ages, but I assume it's similar in:

1: Hammer of Wrath
    2: Templar's Verdict (Divine Storm@aoe)
    3: Crusader Strike (Hammer of the Righteous@aoe)
    4: Templar's Verdict (Divine Storm@aoe)
    5: Go to step 1

Also, long time no see revoke x]
    Alright pal, what's up?

Cheers for the advice, add me on real id so I can annoy you with questions constantly ;>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    I know you might have figured it out, but in case you haven't then if the fight goes on for 6 minutes you want to use your AW/GOAK on CD each time. Without the CDR trinket it should be:

00:00 - AW/GoAK
    02:00 - AW
    03:00 - GoAK
    04:00 - AW
    06:00 - AW/GoAK
    Came here to ask this, very helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Dusted off my Ret for the first time in ages!
    Guess I'm not the only one who started playing his Ret then, lol.

I was wondering if doing 90-120k dps for 502 ilvl is pretty good or not.
    Don't have my char min-maxed though. Elemental Force on weapon and a lvl 85 trinket <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    How good is the Evil Eye of Galakras in general? Just got the LFR version.

Deleted
    Best in Slot according to the BiS thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's incredible, keep it and use it. If Only I could get that lucky.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    It's incredible, keep it and use it. If Only I could get that lucky.
    Nice, looks like I got lucky for once

Bump for no more nerfs