Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I digged through a few pages, and I wasn't able to find what I'm asking. I'm going to be hitting 90 soon, and I haven't played since the beginning of MoP on my DK. Since I'm playing my PLD now, what should I aim for to get caught up to SoO? I know a little about Timeless Isle, but what can I do to get ready? Run heroics/scenarios for gear, do the rep grind, etc?

Deleted
    Go there as soon as you hit lvl 90, do the quests and hit rare elites with judgment/exorcism while other people kill them.
    That's pretty much the most effective way to get gear.
    Oh and there is one thing you can do to get ready, look up the rare elites so you know where to go when someone says, per example "Huolon is up!"

Thanks for the info! ♥ I'll look up the coords and pretend to contribute until I can actually contribute! Rawrtrebution go!

15+ Year Old Account
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I finally got my t16 4 piece and I'm trying to fix my clcret rotation.

inq inqdp inqes ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how tvaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tv3
    That is what I've come up with from researching around, but one place I found suggested having the '4p proc during avenging wrath' between how and tvaw. Unfortunately that isn't an option in the basic clcret, anyone have any ideas. Not sure about how I would add it in, or if it's even necessary at all.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2013-12-01 at 04:46 AM.

So I leveled my ret alt, did timeless isle and have been an LFR hero for a couple of weeks. I managed to get my 4 piece, eye of galakras and the 535 timeless trinket. I have the legendary cloak on my monk so I can get in some ordos kills. I've scored a belt, bracers and yesterday a set of legs. How good is the 4 piece? To use the WF legs, I'd have to drop the 4 piece and the remaining 3 pieces are all 528. I figured if I scored another WF piece I could manage to drop it, but I was curious if there was a rule of thumb or someone had an idea.

Deleted
    I think you're supposed to use the 4 piece, so I would wait for another piece.
    I'm not sure though
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2014-01-15 at 08:35 PM. Reason: said point instead of piece, whoops

15+ Year Old Account
    Use 4 piece.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

So. I recently obtained Partik's Purified Legplates (http://www.wowhead.com/item=105761) and Hoodrych's Bloodied Chestplate (http://www.wowhead.com/item=105767), both warforged as is the case with Ordos, to replace my Tier 16 Flex-level chest and leg tokens.

This is a 19 item level increase each. However, this will obviously kill my 4-piece bonus. I can use one while keeping it, but not both.

Is breaking the 4-piece ever worth both items? I know Single Target vs. AoE is going to be a factor, but provided I gem correctly, it should be easy to swap for one or the other.

what is the idea here with 4 set go divine purpose? I see people still using avenging wrath with 4 set. Is it a prefrence or is it better with the cdr trinket or something

Deleted
    quick question regarding cms, is it better to gem strength over haste for them , or gem for haste?
    (meaning red = str yellow = str haste, or red = str haste , yellow = haste)
    Also, I have access to the engineering trinket, Alacrity of xuen (str, haste proc), Thoks tail and lessons of dark master (exp + str on use, 2 min cd).
    Not sure which to use.
    Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quick question, am I supposed to have 40% haste before equipping Thoks Tail tip and then go Mastery or should I have 40% after equipping it?

Deleted
    Is there any good Ui for paladin?

need an update on stat priority
    40% haste > crit = mastery
    but I guess either crit or mastery?

Crit and Mastery are more or less equal weight. Our mastery damage can crit, which essentially means that as we gain more of it, we get a higher benefit from improving our crit rate (and vice versa). Ideally, you want to balance them. Simplistically, reforge one into the other if only one is present on a piece of gear (and you've already met the targets for hit/exp/haste).

I have a quick gear question I am currently using http://wowhead.com/item=98985 and was wondering if its worth giving up my 4 piece for http://wowhead.com/item=103892

I have kind of an embarrassing question to ask. You would think something like this would be common knowledge, but I'm actually very confused about it. During AW usage along with having specc'd into SW, correct priority would be something like HoW -> Filler -> HoW -> TV and mostly people say "etc" at the end. So does that actually mean in that generic scenario I would be using TV as my 4th ability and not using another filler to get to 5HP as usual? If you wouldn't mind clearing that up for me that would be great. Has Ret priority always been this way or is this something new with this tier?

Was MIA for a while came back and felt like my dps is poo. Is this the mode correct clcret "guide"?

inq inqdp inqes inqlh inqhpr ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how tvaw jaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tvdp tv3

10+ Year Old Account
    Dusting off my Ret Pally and I'm having anxiety over something. Why isn't Exo higher in priority due to Art of War? I feel like procs are going to waste and then I find myself with all HP builders on cd and I'm left wondering "Well if I would have used that Exo proc immediately, then maybe another would have gone off by now."

Am I making any sense? (probably not) It feels weird coming from other dps classes where, when a proc occurs in their rotations, that ability suddenly becomes priority. I know the guides say nothing changes with Exo but I don't understand why.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends on your gear, the lower your ilvl/haste, the higher priority it will be on your list.
    Past a certain point, AoW is basically there to fill your empty gcds (at high gear level and with t16 4pc you almost never use Exo anymore). And Exo in itself doesn't hit that hard.
    So to conclude you need to tweak your rotation depending on your current setup.
    If I'm mistaken on something here, I assume more experienced rets will correct me on this.
    Last edited by Moussaka; 2014-04-14 at 03:07 PM.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.