Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Crit and Mastery are more or less equal weight. Our mastery damage can crit, which essentially means that as we gain more of it, we get a higher benefit from improving our crit rate (and vice versa). Ideally, you want to balance them. Simplistically, reforge one into the other if only one is present on a piece of gear (and you've already met the targets for hit/exp/haste).

I have a quick gear question I am currently using http://wowhead.com/item=98985 and was wondering if its worth giving up my 4 piece for http://wowhead.com/item=103892

Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    I have a quick gear question I am currently using http://wowhead.com/item=98985 and was wondering if its worth giving up my 4 piece for http://wowhead.com/item=103892
    Not worth it. Keep the 4 set bonus.

I have kind of an embarrassing question to ask. You would think something like this would be common knowledge, but I'm actually very confused about it. During AW usage along with having specc'd into SW, correct priority would be something like HoW -> Filler -> HoW -> TV and mostly people say "etc" at the end. So does that actually mean in that generic scenario I would be using TV as my 4th ability and not using another filler to get to 5HP as usual? If you wouldn't mind clearing that up for me that would be great. Has Ret priority always been this way or is this something new with this tier?

Reason you do HoW (1HP) --> Filler(2HP) --> HoW(3HP) --> TV is because your T16 4set can proc from the templars verdict. This means that your 4set replaces the "Filler" and goes HoW(1HP) --> 4set --> HoW(2HP) --> Filler(3HP) --> HoW(4HP) --> TV

If your 4 set procs a second 4set proc, it'd go

HoW (1HP) --> 4set --> HOW (2HP) --> 4set --> HoW (3HP) -->

This is where it gets tricky. If your 2nd 4set procs another 4set, the chain continues

HoW (1HP) --> 4set --> HOW (2HP) --> 4set --> HoW (3HP) --> 4set --> HoW(4HP) -->

If your 4 set procs again

HoW (1HP) --> 4set --> HOW (2HP) --> 4set --> HoW (3HP) --> 4set --> HoW(4HP) --> 4set --> HoW (5HP)

If your 4 set procs yet again, you now risk losing a 4 set proc because Templar's Verdict takes priority.

Now to explain it extremely short: The earlier you use Templar's Verdict during Avenging Wrath, the less likely you are to lose out on a 4 set proc.

Was MIA for a while came back and felt like my dps is poo. Is this the mode correct clcret "guide"?

inq inqdp inqes inqlh inqhpr ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how tvaw jaw cs j ds_4t16 exo tvdp tv3

Dusting off my Ret Pally and I'm having anxiety over something. Why isn't Exo higher in priority due to Art of War? I feel like procs are going to waste and then I find myself with all HP builders on cd and I'm left wondering "Well if I would have used that Exo proc immediately, then maybe another would have gone off by now."

Am I making any sense? (probably not) It feels weird coming from other dps classes where, when a proc occurs in their rotations, that ability suddenly becomes priority. I know the guides say nothing changes with Exo but I don't understand why.

Field Marshal
    I'd say it depends on your gear, the lower your ilvl/haste, the higher priority it will be on your list.
    Past a certain point, AoW is basically there to fill your empty gcds (at high gear level and with t16 4pc you almost never use Exo anymore). And Exo in itself doesn't hit that hard.
    So to conclude you need to tweak your rotation depending on your current setup.
    If I'm mistaken on something here, I assume more experienced rets will correct me on this.
    Last edited by Moussaka; 2014-04-14 at 03:07 PM.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Insane - 10/14H
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

Id like to ask (most likely a very stupid and already clear idea) about target number.

Is 2+ supposed to mean - 2, 3, 4 etc, or is it 3, 4, 5 etc.

^^'

Including 2. Though Hammer of the Righteous is poo either way as a base damage dealer. It's just there.

Regarding Exorcism, it's just there to fill in GCDs. I normally prioritize an AoW'd Exorcism over Judgment since I can get another proc in soonish.

Outside AW my priority tends to be 5HP TV > Free DS > Crusader Strike > 4HP TV > AoW'd Exorcism > Judgment > Exorcism.

Inside AW or an Execute phase it's Hammer of Wrath > 5HP TV > Free DS > 4HP TV > Crusader Strike.
    Last edited by Valkyrst; 2014-04-21 at 07:14 AM.

Heard someone bring this up recently. Are ret paladins actually using the holy pvp 4p bonus to stack holy power before a boss fight?

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Heard someone bring this up recently. Are ret paladins actually using the holy pvp 4p bonus to stack holy power before a boss fight?

Yeah. It's worth it, but takes some time to set up (10-15 seconds depending if you have water on you)

Here's a question that's been bugging me, with high haste which level 90 talent provides higher DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelestine View Post
    Here's a question that's been bugging me, with high haste which level 90 talent provides higher DPS?
    ES, for the majority of fights. LH, for AoE intense fights where you will have adds in the area of effect for the duration it's down.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Thanks a lot!

I know Challenge modes have a great application for Prism

I got a question that's bugging me quite some time. Should I Use ES as soon as it gets ready? I Know prio says Inq>ES>blablabla but currently I line it up with 12 Stacks Goak, pot and Trinket Proccs in the beginning burst Phase. Afterwards I use it more or less as a filler if my HoPo Generators are on cooldown.

Yo, unless you have cooldowns coming up in a few seconds or trinkets proccing, you should treat Execution Sentence as a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    Yo, unless you have cooldowns coming up in a few seconds or trinkets proccing, you should treat Execution Sentence as a filler.
    If u delay ES few sec after pull, u can use it (all the time) with your proc (Galakras trinket). U must just calculate how much u can do ES during your timekill, and calculate the possible delay.

OK guys i have a(maybe) stupid question, but pls answer seriously. I went to timeless isle, and got that shrine buff with 25% haste/crit/mastery. The only difference i saw was on my crits, and my holy dmg. My rotation was the same, but my dmg was huge. So, why do we stack haste? I mean, the rotation will be the same either at 30% haste or at 70%. The only difference will be on the melee attacks which will hit faster, but still does this worth the mastery/crit lose cause i feel stopping at 30%haste and stacking mastery/crit(can reach around 35% on both with dakeshi's gear) would cause bigger dps numbers.

Yes because hast impacts mainly ur "burst" and ur number of HoW during AW. The "final" hast cap is theoretically 50% = 1sec GCD for HoW (if no ms, no brain lag, no lag ..). So yes, 70% is useless. .