Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Id like to ask (most likely a very stupid and already clear idea) about target number.

Is 2+ supposed to mean - 2, 3, 4 etc, or is it 3, 4, 5 etc.

^^'

Including 2. Though Hammer of the Righteous is poo either way as a base damage dealer. It's just there.

Regarding Exorcism, it's just there to fill in GCDs. I normally prioritize an AoW'd Exorcism over Judgment since I can get another proc in soonish.

Outside AW my priority tends to be 5HP TV > Free DS > Crusader Strike > 4HP TV > AoW'd Exorcism > Judgment > Exorcism.

Inside AW or an Execute phase it's Hammer of Wrath > 5HP TV > Free DS > 4HP TV > Crusader Strike.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2014-04-21 at 07:14 AM.

Heard someone bring this up recently. Are ret paladins actually using the holy pvp 4p bonus to stack holy power before a boss fight?

Here's a question that's been bugging me, with high haste which level 90 talent provides higher DPS?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelestine View Post
    Here's a question that's been bugging me, with high haste which level 90 talent provides higher DPS?
    ES, for the majority of fights. LH, for AoE intense fights where you will have adds in the area of effect for the duration it's down.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Thanks a lot!

I know Challenge modes have a great application for Prism

I got a question that's bugging me quite some time. Should I Use ES as soon as it gets ready? I Know prio says Inq>ES>blablabla but currently I line it up with 12 Stacks Goak, pot and Trinket Proccs in the beginning burst Phase. Afterwards I use it more or less as a filler if my HoPo Generators are on cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshi View Post
    Yo, unless you have cooldowns coming up in a few seconds or trinkets proccing, you should treat Execution Sentence as a filler.
    If u delay ES few sec after pull, u can use it (all the time) with your proc (Galakras trinket). U must just calculate how much u can do ES during your timekill, and calculate the possible delay.

Deleted
    OK guys i have a(maybe) stupid question, but pls answer seriously. I went to timeless isle, and got that shrine buff with 25% haste/crit/mastery. The only difference i saw was on my crits, and my holy dmg. My rotation was the same, but my dmg was huge. So, why do we stack haste? I mean, the rotation will be the same either at 30% haste or at 70%. The only difference will be on the melee attacks which will hit faster, but still does this worth the mastery/crit lose cause i feel stopping at 30%haste and stacking mastery/crit(can reach around 35% on both with dakeshi's gear) would cause bigger dps numbers.

Deleted
    Yes because hast impacts mainly ur "burst" and ur number of HoW during AW. The "final" hast cap is theoretically 50% = 1sec GCD for HoW (if no ms, no brain lag, no lag ..). So yes, 70% is useless. .

Hey guys, getting back to my ret, armory is bellow. I have 4pcT16
    So i picked up ClcInfo rotation should be " inq > es > ds_4t16_5hp > tv5 > how > ds_4t16 > cs > j > exo > tv3 > tv4 >ss " if im correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question. Could latency reduce the benefit haste gives? If you have high latency, would a master or even crit build be a better idea?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Question. Could latency reduce the benefit haste gives? If you have high latency, would a master or even crit build be a better idea?
    Probably when you get to a point where CDs are really short. Like during lust.

hi guys, brand new here. and while im not a die hard raider, i love pvp. that is untill ive been getting my butt handed to me. im pretty sure im set up correctly. i just feel like im more of a target than a threat. is it just me or ret pallys just mediocre now. could you maybe let me know if im missing something or if my set up is more of a hindrance than helpful. i dont really keep an eye on my dps in pvp, but when i run LFRs, im doing about 90k average. and usually im in the low middle, somtimes higher. any help would be appreciated. sorry about the lack of info. i cant post any links yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnblade/simple
    Last edited by Fhi; 2014-06-03 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fixed link

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to Solo the belt at the Siegecrafter encounter in 10 player HC?
    I know for sure, it is pretty much possible if both cooldowns are up. Are there any chances to get belt done solo with trinket procs and only AW up?
    If the answer is yes, then how?
    Due to limitation... to find my character you have to go to eu.battle.net and search for Meilinda...
    Should be possible with that gear or am I mistaken?

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.4 Notes and changes!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    General
    New Raid: Siege of Orgrimmar
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General

Retribution
    • Guardian of the Ancient Kings (Retribution version) now has a reduced cooldown of 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and the maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 12.
    • Inquisition now lasts 20 seconds per charge of Holy Power consumed, up from 10 seconds.

Talents
    • Burden of Guilt has been replaced with a new talent called Evil is a Point of View.
      • New Talent: Evil is a Point of View. Evil is a Point of View allows the Paladin to use Turn Evil on players and beasts.
    • Eternal Flame periodic heal-over-time effect now heals for 40% more.
    • Execution Sentence will now immediately damage the target for 5 times the amount of damage that had been dealt by Execution Sentence most recent periodic effect when dispelled.
      • Stay of Execution will now immediately heal the target for 5 times the amount of healing that had been dealt by Stay of Execution most recent periodic effect when dispelled.
    • Hand of Purity now reduces damage taken from harmful periodic effects by 80% (up from 70%) and reduces damage taken from harmful periodic effects that cannot be prevented by immunities by 40% (up from 0%).
    • Light's Hammer now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Trap, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
    • Sacred Shield
      • Holy: Sacred Shield now applies its damage absorption shield immediately, can be active on more than one target at a time, but the talent now costs mana and has 3 charges with a 10-second recharge.
      • Protection: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
    • Sanctified Wrath
    • Selfless Healer in addition to its current effects, now also causes Judgment to generate a charge of Holy Power for Holy Paladins. Stacks of Selfless Healer now reduce the cast time, mana cost, and improve the effectiveness of Divine Light, Flash of Light, and
    • Unbreakable Spirit has been simplified. It now reduces the cooldown on Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Lay on Hands by 50%.

Glyphs
    • New Major Glyphs
      • Glyph of Divine Shield: Removing harmful effects with Divine Shield heals the Paladin for each effect removed. This heal cannot exceed a percentage of the Paladin's maximum health.
      • Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice: Hand of Sacrifice no longer transfers damage taken by the target to the Paladin.
    • Major Glyphs
      • Glyph of Holy Wrath now also allows Holy Wrath to stun Aberrations.
      • Glyph of Immediate Truth now increases the instant damage done by Seal of Truth 40% (up from 30%).
      • Glyph of Inquisition has been redesigned. The glyph now increases the duration of Inquisition by 30 seconds (up to a maximum of 2 minutes) each time the Paladin lands a killing blow on targets that yield experience or honor.
      • Glyph of Rebuke has been replaced with Glyph of Devotion Aura.
        • Glyph of Devotion Aura causes Devotion Aura to no longer affect party or raid members, but the cooldown is reduced.
      • Glyph of the Battle Healer has been redesigned. The glyph now causes Seal of Insight to no longer heal the Paladin. Instead, a nearby raid or party member will receive healing for 30% of the amount the Paladin would have received from Seal of Insight.
      • Glyph of Turn Evil has been replaced with Glyph of Burden of Guilt.
        • Glyph of Burden of Guilt causes Judgment to reduce the target's movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
    • New Minor Glyphs
      • Glyph of the Exorcist: Exorcism will now appear to remove the evil from its target.
      • Glyph of Pillar of Light: Critical heals on other players display a small pillar of light at their location briefly.

Getting in a little more deep.

Alternate rotations
    Sometimes you need to change things up!

For Sanctified Wrath;
    • HoW will be top HP priority ability be sure to maximize usage! Don't use at 5 HP!
    • Make sure to keep using Exorcism! Don't use over HoW though!
    • Durring Sanctified Wrath Prioritize Judgement over CS! With less worry for CD clashing you'll get more out of it!
    For Holy Avenger;

For Divine Purpose;
    • Inq>ES(optimal)>TV/DS 5HP>DP(<2sec)>HoW>CS>Judge>Exo>DP>4pc

FAQ
    Someone might have already asked this" means someone already has!

• Why do you want to go to 5HP? Why not use TV at 3?: It's more beneficial to do TV at 5HP over three (situationally) because you want to keep your HP generators on cool down. This will maximize your HP gains, as well as your DPS. The times you'll want to use TV at 3 or 4 HP, are when your HP generators are on CD and you have a free GCD to use it. The point is not to just sit there!

As a general rule of thumb, if you can immediately receive and have room for HP, don't use TV! This is less the case when one has more Haste.

• How do I use my HA cool down?: Use HA on CD, unless you have reason not to (burn phase and such). You'll want to line it up with your other cool downs when you can. Every three HA's and every two AW's you'll have the cool downs matched up again.

You can delay the use of your cool downs for Heroism, or damage modified phases SO LONG you do NOT lose out on any uptime on your cool downs and or another use of your cool down. I suggest using a timer such as Timetodie to help judge how long until the boss will die.
    • When using HA, why do I use TV at 3HP, not 5? Didn't you say….: Once again, TV5HP is NOT a DO ALL answer. Going back to the rule of thumb "If you can't receive it….", this applies to the extra HP that you'll be missing out on every time you use a second HP generator. You'll want to use HP Generator -> TV -> HP generator -> TV. This will maximize your DPS!

• Why do you say do 3TV DP at the end of the rotation?: Because DP only procs off of finishers. It's going no where (well, technically, we'll get to that in a second), so you'll want to apply the same rules as with your normal rotation. Get to 5 unless you have a free GCD to use it. NOW, the DP proc DOES go somewhere, you have 8 seconds to use it. You'll want to make sure to use it BEFORE it runs out, so don't wait more than 6 seconds to use the proc. Be sure to use an add-on to track the time on the proc as well!
    • So if we do 5TV rotation why don't we do 5INQ?: That's simple. There's no gain in damage waiting for the two HP before using Inq. You'll want to keep this up as close to 100% as humanly possible.
    • Glyph of Double Jeopardy? Doesn't switching targets reset your swing timer?!: No, that it does not! Switch away!
    • HA? DP? SW?: As of Tier 16 4 piece (Replace T15 4 piece ONLY with 4 Piece!), you'll want to start using DP.
    • What's the best spec?: This is hard to say, and I really won't say it ever. I think, and each spell has shown to have their own situational advantages. You need to use your head and judgement on which will be most beneficial on a fight per fight basis or depending on your gear set ups. It may be suggested which talents might be good for certain fights, but not say "This is THE spec you NEED to be". Take some time, play around and switch your talents back and forth see which one fits you best, and get used to each one!

• Why did you have this stat higher than that stat, or tell me to gem this yesterday, but now gem this today?!: While I'll hold off on telling you how to gem until 90, you need to understand that things will change and our understanding of how things are going to go will change vastly once we get to 90 and test things out. We have a general idea, if that pans out or not is yet to be seen! If you read this guide I HIGHLY suggest you check back constantly for updates.

• Why has Exorcism dropped on the priority list? It's DPE is lower compared to the other spells now, and with no t15 2 piece bonus, there's not much out of it other than a filler.

• When do I replace my T15 4 Piece Bonus?!: Once you get T16 4 Piece!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

7+ Year Old Account
    When exactly should you play DP? I mean it's all about procs and if you're not lucky, you do no damage.
    I play with SW because it is more reliable especially if you have the Evil Eye of Galakrass.
    Or am I mistaken?
    (Can't provide Armory because of 10 Posts limitation, do'h)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meilinda View Post
    When exactly should you play DP? I mean it's all about procs and if you're not lucky, you do no damage.
    I play with SW because it is more reliable especially if you have the Evil Eye of Galakrass.
    Or am I mistaken?
    (Can't provide Armory because of 10 Posts limitation, do'h)
    DP is optimal when you have fights with heavy AoE requirements. You'll want to use it with T16 4 piece bonus on AoE heavy fights (when the AoE is needed) because the two work great together.

SW is more reliable, yes, but you can produce with DP.

It depends on the fight and how progressed your guild is.

Question here, the guides says hotr is 3 targets, while ej and evrelia says 2. So which is it O.O?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

For Sanctified Wrath;

• Make sure to keep using Exorcism! Don't use over HoW though!
    • Durring Sanctified Wrath Prioritize Judgement over CS! With less worry for CD clashing you'll get more out of it!
    I pretty sure using exo/judgement over crusader strike during AW is only worth it until u get a decent amount of mastery, like around 40 % buffed or something around that?

And i don't know how reliable simcraft is, but i just simmed myself only using HP building abilities (to see the DPE of hand of light and add it up to CS) and CS + Mastery DPE is about 1,4 the DPE of judgement. I do have nearly 580 ilvl and above 50 % mastery unbuffed, but i'm pretty sure this rule applys at much lower mastery lvls too, doesn't it?

Although exorcism has a slightly lower DPE then judgement so why would you prioritize exo above CS or Judgement? The t16 2p activates by the procc not by the use of it. If i am not mistaken, exo and judgement scale of the same stats, so that shouldn't be my character only.

I might be wrong or missing out on something, if so i am not seeing it.