Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Account Wide Achieves and Inactive Accounts

Hello. I was wondering what the deal was with characters on your battle.net account that you have not logged into in quite a long time.

Such as myself, I have multiple accounts on my battle.net, some of which are inactive and are home to some of my old characters, my vanilla>WOTLK main raiding warrior. My old Pally and Shamanm, and my old Burning Crusade PvP warrior.

These characters have a total of 120k honor kills, Undying Achievement, Conquerer, and a few rare mounts such as naxx meta mounts.

Anyone have any information regarding this?

If the account exists it will work. It doesn't matter if it's active or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I also want to know this, as getting your achievements to count on PTR requires that you log in on the character.
    Thats what i thought would happen because what would stop you receiving old achievements from banned accounts still linked to your battlenet account, i mean the characters are still there just you're unable to access the account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Thats what i thought would happen because what would stop you receiving old achievements from banned accounts still linked to your battlenet account, i mean the characters are still there just you're unable to access the account.
    Well, they know that account is banned. It's not really hard to write code that excludes every account that has the "flag" banned.

I think the previous posters are correct and you will get credit for the achievements from your inactive accounts.

I thought it worked based on logging into the characters as in you dont get anything till those characters log in and share the achievements.

You have to log in your characters to share achievements so banned or inactive accounts won't transfer over to active accounts.

Figured as much, thanks for the feed back friends. Still a lot of "yes" and "no" Only time will tell friends!

Imagine having to log ALL your chars incase a char have an achievement you dont have on others..

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Imagine having to log ALL your chars incase a char have an achievement you dont have on others..
    Imagine having to reactivate three separate accounts only to play them for 5-10 minutes each logging in and out of all your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Imagine having to reactivate three separate accounts only to play them for 5-10 minutes each logging in and out of all your alts.
    /10 chars

Deleted
    I have another question slightly off topic, do you get achivement points on all your chars? along the actual achivements.

EDIT: cause currently on the beta they seem bugged
    Last edited by mmoccca7fba8c4; 2012-08-26 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    You have to log in your characters to share achievements so banned or inactive accounts won't transfer over to active accounts.
    Do you have any actual Blue post or confirmation of this statement? Or are you just basing it off of BETA and your opinion?

Are Account-Wide things BATTLENET Account-Wide or just Account-Wide, for example.

I have 2 WoW Accounts, WoW1 & WoW2, Both WoW accounts are active, WoW1 has a character with an achievement or mount that I want on WoW2, does this Achievement/Mount copy over to WoW2?

I know none of this matters as it will answer itself on Tuesday but still would like to know.

I am not sure how the API works exactly, but would the changes give us an indication of how the achievement data will be recorded?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413172918#1

My interpretation of the changes stated is that the data is still tied to the character, with achievements with account wide tracking (like the metas) are flagged differently. Perhaps someone with more experience with API can tell us how it might work?
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2012-08-27 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo View Post
    If the account exists it will work. It doesn't matter if it's active or not.
    What about banned accounts?

Also, what about EU & US accounts on the same Battle.net account?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    What about banned accounts?

Also, what about EU & US accounts on the same Battle.net account?
    I just watched this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yyK-GGvnbQ

They specify that the achievements will be shared by region... the account wide stuff starts at 2.00

Deleted
    Does Hand of A'adl and Champion of the Naruu share aswell? They are one of a kind tittles so I'm really curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonia32 View Post
    I have another question slightly off topic, do you get achivement points on all your chars? along the actual achivements.

EDIT: cause currently on the beta they seem bugged
    I'm not sure how the beta character copy function works, but at least on PTR they don't copy your achievements over in order to save time, so we can't really tell until it's live. Although the two characters I've copied over (one was active in BC/Early Wrath, the other in Late Wrath/Cata) has the same amount of achievement points.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Does Hand of A'adl and Champion of the Naruu share aswell? They are one of a kind tittles so I'm really curious.
    I have champion of the naaru on the beta so yeah it should work.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

it sucks i can't wear my "of the alliance" title on my twink when he earned the most hks