Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    banned for character names? imagine how many legolas variations and narutos will get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    banned for character names? imagine how many legolas variations and narutos will get banned.
    It will be glorious.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    What? Why? I do understand if someone names their character "PenisObrian" or similar. But come on, "BruceLee" or similar names can get you banned?
    The same rules apply to WoW, the thing is they don't actually enforce it at all (except when the name is reported).

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    What? Why? I do understand if someone names their character "PenisObrian" or similar. But come on, "BruceLee" or similar names can get you banned?
    I don't particularly find names of that sort funny or even witty. I don't understand why people take an issue with them not being allowed. They're just stupid names that make no sense in the game environment.

It supose to be a FUN NAME, u want everyone to be a fucking square and call themselfs George or something?: jesus this is a game is supose to be fun, nobody like to stare at a toon named 'jack' or 'arthur'.... oh wait arthur can get u banned too!!! rofl so much fail

I think Anet needs to take a step down and only punish obviously bad names, like Kkkftw or something stupid like that. But even still, they should not be giving out more than a warning and a compulsory name change, perma banning on day 1 is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't particularly find names of that sort funny or even witty. I don't understand why people take an issue with them not being allowed. They're just stupid names that make no sense in the game environment.
    so much fail in all your posts...
    /facepalm

Please refrain from flaming other posters that are just stating their opinions. ~Zil
    Last edited by Zilong; 2012-08-26 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    so much fail you all your posts...
    /facepalm
    Well, I hope it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Well obviously you learned nothing nor will as your thread gets locked then the 1st thing you do is open another thread on the same subject then blast the Mod for locking it. Shows how you will "learn" from it...... gotcha

Not only that but if you lack the skills to interact with others in public, which is more or less what any MMO is I would be stunned if anything was learned from a thread like this. If you haven't sorted it out in however many years you have been on the planet (I am guessing about 12) it is very unlikely any progress will be made on a thread in MMOchamp LMAO
    tbf u should be the one who should learn..
    love how on these mmo champ forums, people tend to flame.. offend.. troll and go offtopic all the time.. why not just stick to the subject of the thread and not talking about other sht? how about that? maybe? no? ... this thread is doomed again.. cuz if one starts.. others just have to jump in (like me) ..

But to the topic.. i personally have the same oppinion as most, that geting a perm ban is just redic. A warning.. and some followup action would be better, but not perm bans, or even temp bans.
    Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the lead systems designer of World of Warcraft. He wipes to the elevator boss.

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    tbf u should be the one who should learn..
    love how on these mmo champ forums, people tend to flame.. offend.. troll and go offtopic all the time.. why not just stick to the subject of the thread and not talking about other sht? how about that? maybe? no? ... this thread is doomed again.. cuz if one starts.. others just have to jump in (like me) ..

But to the topic.. i personally have the same oppinion as most, that geting a perm ban is just redic. A warning.. and some followup action would be better, but not perm bans, or even temp bans.
    It's not a permanent ban. The first offense is 72 hours.

so much fail in all your posts...
    /facepalm

Please refrain from flaming other posters that are just stating their opinions. ~Zil
    I was also just stating my opinion that his posts are fail...
    so his opinions are valid and mine are infraction worthy...
    /facepalm
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-08-26 at 04:15 PM.

I was also just stating my opinion that his posts are fail...

/facepalm
    Do it constructivly then. And stop /facepalming noone does that. Yes I am a mod in waiting
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Do it constructivly then. And stop /facepalming noone does that. Yes I am a mod in waiting
    One day, my young apprentice... you too shall understand the power of the dark side.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 04:17 PM.

It's not that the rules of GW2 are more strict then the ones in WoW, they just enforce them.

Though I do agree that I do not understand why historical figures or real life names of someone are not allowed, it's their call here.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    One day, my young apprentice... you too shall understand the power of the dark side.
    What? hmph! its so much fun to play a light side sith lemme tell you!

OT: well this is going better than last time!
    Just keep calm, and dont flame anyone for their opinion~!

There may be exaggerated cases, but I agree with most of the bans mentioned in this thread. Happy Anet takes a strict stance.

And for horse's sake, most of you, stop saying permaban when it's a temp ban, which as posted earlier, is stated in Anet's policy to be your warning. If you learn from that, good for you; if you don't, the permaban or ragequit is better for the rest of the community.

Props to OP for taking it like a man and not whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    Props to OP for taking it like a man and not whining.
    If he's 'taking it like a man and not whining', then why did he make *two* threads about it?

Seems like whining and/or wanting validation to me.

If he was really doing what you said, the threads wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by mavfin; 2012-08-26 at 04:46 PM.

If this has already been say, my bad, but I think OP was banned for the context he used it in rather than the swearing itself. I saw plenty of people have conversations in /map chat that were swearing. Swearing in /map chat is entirely inappropriate though, and I wouldn't mind if it is ban-able. It is the equivalent of swearing loudly in a crowded public area. It's indecent and reflects poorly on the community.

For those who think swearing words are for "big boys" or "mature" people, it is quite the opposite. There is a time and place for everything, and /map chat is not the place. Show some maturity by showing constraint.

Closing this down as it's not really productive and causing issues.