Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord mpaskin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ouch, best way to not avoid a topic lock is to not abuse or discuss the previous lock or bash a moderator. I dont understand what we learn from people we dont already know, you swear you get banned, you have an offensive name no matter how cunningly hidden you get banned.
    Well it is just here for the information, i will be pleased however if some part of this thread make it to
    the beginner sticky.

  2. #22
    High Overlord mpaskin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    So starting another thread on the very same subject of how swearing makes you feel cool or something and was stunned that you were banned for cursing is going to make you cool on MMO champ or something? Don't really get it. First off what is the point in swearing in general chat anyways? Is it like a new thing you learning a new word or what? You would not say that sort of thing in a social situation with people you do not know so what makes it acceptable in general chat? If you feel the need to say such things maybe just do it within your party or whispers or something rather than spewing things others do not wish to hear nor should have to hear. Maybe just pretend you are a adult and act how a adult would in public.

    TLDR I remember my 1st beer too.
    when have i ever said that it was cool, the purpose of this is to discuss the error and improve.

  3. #23
    OT - I seriously don't understand people who have to use rude language to communicate in /map chat, though saying that few words have been trivialized in modern language.... anyway OP knows what he did wrong and props to him taking it like a man.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  4. #24
    The Patient Cantheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pismo Beach California
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaskin1 View Post
    when have i ever said that it was cool, the purpose of this is to discuss the error and improve.
    Well obviously you learned nothing nor will as your thread gets locked then the 1st thing you do is open another thread on the same subject then blast the Mod for locking it. Shows how you will "learn" from it...... gotcha

    Not only that but if you lack the skills to interact with others in public, which is more or less what any MMO is I would be stunned if anything was learned from a thread like this. If you haven't sorted it out in however many years you have been on the planet (I am guessing about 12) it is very unlikely any progress will be made on a thread in MMOchamp LMAO
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2012-08-26 at 09:02 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

  5. #25
    Is it fun to have an offense registered in the first day of the game? Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneegapls View Post
    I just got perma banned because of my name, which is kneegapls. I know the name is not "appropriate" but I do have it in every other game I play and have never had a problem. I guess it's not an excuse but I do feel like it's a bit harsh.
    You've got to be kidding me? You got perma banned for that name?
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You've got to be kidding me? You got perma banned for that name?
    Good riddance. I fully support Anet's decision of perma-banning people like this.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You've got to be kidding me? You got perma banned for that name?
    So you feel you shouldn't be banned for using derogatory and offensive names? Cmon, seriously...

    Also, I see no reason to close a threat that could inform people on codes of conduct. Yes, it should be common sense, but games like wow, where anything is acceptable, have spoiled people too much.

  9. #29
    High Overlord mpaskin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Well obviously you learned nothing nor will as your thread gets locked then the 1st thing you do is open another thread on the same subject then blast the Mod for locking it. Shows how you will "learn" from it...... gotcha
    Got me? how exactly and by what means?
    i really did not bash anyone if you read closely, i was stating a FACT that Fencers locked my other thread.
    Since when stating a fact considered bashing?

    now, please, get back on topic.
    Last edited by mpaskin1; 2012-08-26 at 09:02 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaskin1 View Post
    Got me? how exactly and by what means?
    i really did not bash anyone if you read closely, i was stating a FACT that Fencers locked my other thread.
    Since when stating a fact considered bashing?

    now, please, get back on topic.
    Unless you stop replying to people who are still annoyingly discussing the previous thread, this thread is doomed. It doesn't matter how rational you're being. Just ignore them at this point.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneegapls View Post
    I assure you that was my name. I can't link anything since I don't have enough posts but the error code says:

    Account banned due to unacceptable behavior. Please try again after block has expired. Error code 45:6:3:2114

    The email says it is because of my name. I had not even said anything in chat.
    "My name only contains a masked racial epithet! I don't understand why I was banned!"

    Seriously?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    "My name only contains a masked racial epithet! I don't understand why I was banned!"

    Seriously?
    Read my first post

  13. #33
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    Good riddance. I fully support Anet's decision of perma-banning people like this.
    People shouldn't be banned though. Just flag the character for a name change when they next login.

  14. #34
    The Patient Cantheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pismo Beach California
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaskin1 View Post
    Got me? how exactly and by what means?
    i really did not bash anyone if you read closely, i was stating a FACT that Fencers locked my other thread.
    Since when stating a fact considered bashing?

    now, please, get back on topic.
    SO ya, Gotcha as in understand.... maybe that is a unheard of saying on whatever planet you live on that common sense does not exist on and it is socially acceptable to swear in public and around people you do not know. Maybe just sit down with a adult and they can give you the basic skills needed to interact with others. I know my mom had taught me by the time i was 5 what a bad word was and how I should not say them and deff not say them in public......

    Anyways pointless thread so peace
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

  15. #35
    Old God MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    10,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneegapls View Post
    Read my first post
    If I beat a woman to death and say "she committed adultery" it wouldn't be acceptable in most of the world but if I did it in certain parts of Pakistan/Saudi it would be perfectly ok.

    Just because it's supposedly acceptable one place, does NOT automatically make it acceptable in another one. It's a different company, different rules. Stop clinging to that argument that's thinner than paper. It's just crap.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,986
    I saw something posted on the GW2 Twitter about someone getting a 72hr suspension on a first offense for map chat slander. I was quite impressed actually. If you absolutely need to talk trash to get your point across/ wanna sound like a bad ass/ intentionally using inappropriate language in chats or even character names, then a short suspension is justly deserved imho.

    Half of WoW's problem as a community is that people don't treat each other with respect. Respect isn't earned by running your mouth like a twelve year old showing off to his friends. I'm sure ANet is fully aware of a lot of the issues involving the WoW community being able to function as a community, and they don't want to bring that into their game. Kudos to them for taking a firm stand on it before it gets out of hand.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    People shouldn't be banned though. Just flag the character for a name change when they next login.
    I sent them a ticket already. I told them they could name me whatever they wanted if they would change their minds =)

  18. #38
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneegapls View Post
    I sent them a ticket already. I told them they could name me whatever they wanted if they would change their minds =)
    Hope you get your issue sorted out.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    neither do i, curious now though.
    Say it out loud.

    Sounds like "Nigga please."

  20. #40
    The Patient Cantheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pismo Beach California
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    Unless you stop replying to people who are still annoyingly discussing the previous thread, this thread is doomed. It doesn't matter how rational you're being. Just ignore them at this point.
    I am just saying that everyone reading this has been to 1st grade or has a mother. Maybe I shouldn't assume but I am pretty sure that all of our teachers in 1st grade or your mother when you were a child laid out some basic rules on how to act in public. I would bet if you followed those basic rules you would not get banned.

    However I may be wrong and some people may need a refresher course as they go around work, school or in public cussing up a storm and has lic plates on their car with offensive wording much in the way you name your toons and swear in gen chat. My bad.
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2012-08-26 at 09:17 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •