Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe people are too used to blizzard that wont ban anything or perhaps they are really rigid hehe
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    and stop going full retard. If the actual RL analogies were too extreme for you and didn't show you the ridiculousness of your thinking then you are incredibly thick.
    It's amusing how the people complaining about the bans being too harsh are the ones using the language that gets people banned that the admins are trying to eliminate.

No reasonable person would permanently ban someone on first offense for having a name that's offensive.
    Depends on how offensive. The example used in this thread should be a permaban, no-one could possibly argue with that. If people want to use such language then there are plenty of MMOs where it is tolerated. They should leave GW2 to the adults.

Im not liking the idea of them banning people for such minor things, might make me reconsider purchasing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Permabanned already? That's... kinda amazing and quite sad at the same time. O_O

I guess it's good this thread is here to warn people, but common sense should have prevented you from doing... whatever you guys did that got you banned in the first place. Guess it's not all that common after all. :S

But a name like kneegaplz... While I can understand a ban for it, permanent one is quite harsh.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-08-26 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    kneega pls

please dont tell me i just fed a troll.
    Holy shit, are you serious? That is such a stretch to be banned for. If I can only say one thing to make the banned feel better (and I know it won't) Is they did you a favor. This game is terrible - and in a month only their core delusionals will be around. But i know, you still sunk $60 into it so you wanna play. Crazy they would ban for a name like that. Aggin < do you think you'd get banned for that name "nigga" backwards? I guess they are making a clear statement this game is intended for minors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Yes, deserved. There's enough cunts in the world that deserve bad things to happen to them, racists are included.
    You think having a name like "Kneegapls" makes him an actual racist? Maybe it was a joke, I didn't get it at first when I saw the name, but then when someone else in the topic pointed it out I was like "Oooooh" and let out a chuckle. Why do people have such knee-jerk reactions to seeing something as harmless as a name?

Deleted
    thats why I hate this mod mentality of closing a thread when they see flaming/trolling...
    thereby punishing everyone,even people who acted right and actually wanted to take part in the discussion normally,and somehow you can't make a new thread about the subject cause you're ''defying'' the action of the mod who closed the previous thread...

INSTEAD of just deleting the bad comments and giving out infractions but leaving the thread alive so others can continue talking about the subject.
    thats for me the logical decision,but hey im no forum mod

If I throw a party at my house and invite my friends, and someone shows up that starts saying racist, sexist, or just generally offensive stuff - they'll be leaving my house very quickly, by force if necessary. I don't care if they paid for parking, or paid for a cab, or gas, or whatever, they're out of my house and I owe them nothing. And not for a 15-minute time-out either, they're permanently gone.

Now imagine if they *knew in advance* that they'd get kicked out... but they did it anyways. Are they testing me or something? I have no respect for that kind of arrogance.

Now of course, it's just a game, and who gives a shit - sure - but that's not the point. It's their game, their rules (which you agreed to)... so don't be pissed and cry like a baby when they actually do what they say they will. It's like you're in someone elses house. Respect it or you will get the boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaskin1 View Post
    when have i ever said that it was cool, the purpose of this is to discuss the error and improve.
    "Discuss the error" ? Seriously? You acted like an idiot, and you got served like one. Nothing to discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    wow. People need to lighten up, cant believe how sensitive some people can be. They should have a server where you sign a disclaimer that you wont be offended by words.
    People should accept general behavior etiquettes and/or read the EULA.
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2012-08-26 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    InB4 ____ Mpaskin1 : " I was banned by Fencers "thread"
    And why might i be banned? i haven't insulted anyone, to my knowledge.

Deleted
    thats why I hate this mod mentality of closing a thread when they see flaming/trolling...
    thereby punishing everyone,even people who acted right and actually wanted to take part in the discussion normally,and somehow you can't make a new thread about the subject cause you're ''defying'' the action of the mod who closed the previous thread...

INSTEAD of just deleting the bad comments and giving out infractions but leaving the thread alive so others can continue talking about the subject.
    but thats a lot more work then just plain closing the thread in a few clicks....

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Maybe people are too used to blizzard that wont ban anything or perhaps they are really rigid hehe
    Hopefully they're at least consistent. Blizzard is notorious for banning a minority of actual rule breakers. Say "fuck" in trade chat, and 9/10 times you'll be fine. Then a GM in a bad mood sees it, and bam.

Suuuuure... You got banned for fuck.. How fun that noone delivers any proof whatsoever, same with the people screaming that you can get banned for saying the launch sucked.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by aersekicker View Post
    It's amusing how the people complaining about the bans being too harsh are the ones using the language that gets people banned that the admins are trying to eliminate.

Depends on how offensive. The example used in this thread should be a permaban, no-one could possibly argue with that. If people want to use such language then there are plenty of MMOs where it is tolerated. They should leave GW2 to the adults.
    Says "aersekicker" Maybe you deserve a permaban as well? Well the people I've been arguing with would think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    "Discuss the error" ? Seriously? You acted like an idiot, and you got served like one. Nothing to discuss here.
    Well i am sorry you think that about me.
    Regardless, yes, i want to warn other people not to do that, even if painfuly obvious.
    Also, no one is forcing you to comment here, if you have nothing useful to add, dont add anything at all.
    Last edited by mpaskin1; 2012-08-26 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i also would never have known what that knee name was implying. Well il wait a couple of months i suppose, but i wouldnt buy a game with such nazi like rules and regs.

Oh, this isn't an actual game ban, but I got an infraction on the GW2 forums for telling someone the definition of pedophile. I believe it was under something to the effect of "inappropriate topics." :|

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So you feel you shouldn't be banned for using derogatory and offensive names? Cmon, seriously...

Also, I see no reason to close a threat that could inform people on codes of conduct. Yes, it should be common sense, but games like wow, where anything is acceptable, have spoiled people too much.
    No, I certainly do not. It's not really offensive, just more of a joke. If anything, flagged for a rename and perhaps a warning. But perma banned? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    No, I certainly do not. It's not really offensive, just more of a joke. If anything, flagged for a rename and perhaps a warning. But perma banned? Pathetic.
    It's actually a 72 hour ban.

Honestly, I'm happy they have a strict naming policy. I'm tired of seeing stupid shit like "Puntmeplz", "Xwarriorqt", real life references, ect. I want to play an mmo where the names actually fit into the setting.

I don't believe any of the rules are excessive at all. God forbid we actually have a good community.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-26 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's actually a 72 hour ban.
    I can confirm that anyone who's had a naming violation has had a 72 hour ban. The ANet staff even mentioned it on their twitter a while ago I think.